main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Alone: H/L post-ROTJ AU, COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Knight-Ander!!!!!!!! Way cool! You surprised me...

They (Leia) kept Han alive for "love". I loved all the action scenes and the way you broke off to Wedge, to let us know what *time* it was. Keep up the great work!!!

***More, more, more!***

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    J Girl - Congrats on getting first reply. :D Thanks for all your comments.

What's next? Does this mean Wedge will live?

Wait and see. ;)

Puggy - I knew I should have brought tissues to this post. ;)

Seriously. That was perfectly done--her response, and the way you wrote, Princess Leia said. Extraordinary. I am honestly awed.

Thanks, I initially wanted to make a couple of technical changes to that line, but I guess it works as is.

I think this is most definitely my favorite!

[face_blush] [face_blush]

crystal - Wow! You're rather talkative this time. Thanks! :D

Sunshine - OMG! I LOVE THIS! I LOVE THIS!

Thank you. That's quite an interesting conversation you and Puggy had about this update.

I'm praying she doesn't cut him down at the last moment

Which him do you mean?

you have made this entire story worthwhile for me with that one line.

Again, thank you. I realized I had drifted away from the whole H/L relationship thing so I'm glad when I got back into it, it was warmly welcomed.

I LOVE YOU, MAN!

*wants to make a Harrison Ford joke here, but doesn't know what to say* :p

Lex - I really like this serene Jedi that Luke has become during his solitary period. Very enjoyable. The beard still is odd, though; I just can't process that.

Like Obi-Wan/Ben, he's had time to become more philosophical while also preventing the Death Star from destroying planets. The beard, if you can visualize it, is not all there anymore. :)

What is Vader up to now?

Wait and see.

Jedi-2B - Eeks! Wasn't pounding on the hatch his signal to ...

It's his incentive, at least.

This was the second fic I read recently that used the term 'shatterpoint.' Has everyone but me read the recent Mace Windu book?

I haven't finished it, myself, but the shatterpoint idea is a very interesting concept to entertain. When I first read an excerpt from the book explaining what a shatterpoint was, I wanted to use it in one of my stories before I even read the book. :)

Kirana - Thanks. Vader is not going anywhere soon.

NETTY - You surprised me...

I seem to do that to people alot with this story.

I loved all the action scenes and the way you broke off to Wedge, to let us know what *time* it was.

One of my writing strong points is intercutting between situations. It's something that is inspired by the way the Star Wars movies are edited. :)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I really liked Luke's line to Han about using his own advice about the doors. Nice to see the Falcon being used too.

Love and Sith Lords just don't mix.

I can see the you are anxious for Friday to be here. Today is actually 6/18. It could be the 19th in some other parts of the world but I can't fathom where it could be the 20th. ;)

4. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    The Falcon will be put to it's full use soon. Thanks for noticing the date screw-up, Mom. I have some appointments scheduled for Friday, so I guess I was thinking of them. [face_blush]

5. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    AWWWWWWW!! [face_love] she picked love!!! aww!! cant wait for the next post!!

DM

6. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks, DM. More next Wednesday. :)

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Agree with J_Girl, loved the hair on the beard part...great imagery there!

And Disast said "Love"! So...all that proves is that a Lady of the Sith just needs the love of a good man to turn her around.

Come on out of Disast, Leia! Break through! Han's more fun to hang around than Vader and Palpy, anyway!

8. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    At freakin' last! I LOVE LOVE <i>LOVED</i> it! The last part was my favorite. "Love." Bloody brilliant. "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away Han Solo saved the universe. As usual."

(Terribly sorry about being negligent about my replies these last few posts. I'd read it and someone would call me away and I'd forget that I hadn't replied.)

9. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    A long silent second passed before the woman reached up and undid the veil of black circuit-cloth that covered her nose and mouth. "Love," Princess Leia said.

*RP is speechless*
    WOW! That was...amazing! I can't think of anything original to say right now, so I echo everyone else's comments. I love this story :) I'm going to be out of town for two weeks starting next Wednesday, and I don't know if I'll get any online time!! :_| Hopefully I will, otherwise I'll die of anticipation before I get back :)

10. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    LP - And Disast said "Love"!

Disast didn't say "love," Princess Leia did. :)

Sticks - Welcome back.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away Han Solo saved the universe. As usual."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's one way to put it.

RP - I'm going to be out of town for two weeks starting next Wednesday, and I don't know if I'll get any online time!!

Hmmm... is that a subtle request for a Tuesday post? Because the next post may be... the last!! :eek:

11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Because the next post may be... the last!!

Already?

Wow, that was fast. But, I suppose Han isn't really alone anymore. He's been rescued, as has Leia, and Luke is finally getting off the Death Star.

All we need now is Wedge to send them on their way with a nice, big, explosive fanfare.

Well, be it the last or just another along the way, it's been great up until now, and I eagerly await what comes next.

12. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Whoah... I'm still in shock! Leia's admittance of her love for Han knocked me right off my feet--I can't wait to see what happens next, and how she deals with the things she did as Disast. Not to mention the fact that I'm still hanging on to find out whether or not Wedge will die--I hope not, but I think I'll be able to accept it either way.

I loved Han's lines with Leia as he tries to bring her out of darkness. In fact, I love pretty much all of Han's lines--you've gotten his character down so beautifully.

And now, where do we go from here?

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I have finally caught up!! *collapses in thread*

Great posts all! I can't believe I fell so far behind!

more soon!

14. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Hmmm... is that a subtle request for a Tuesday post? Because the next post may be... the last!!

Yes! Tuesday would be good!! :) Wow, last post? I'm gonna be so sad when this ends! It's been one heck of a ride!

15. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I did it! *gasp*....*pant*....*wheeze*... These marathon reads are killers, but at least I didn't have to live through all the insanity-inducing cliffhangers! :D

Really a fantastic story you have here, Knight-Ander. There are a lot of great twists that I would never have imagined. It was a lot of fun catching up. :)

Hmmm... is that a subtle request for a Tuesday post? Because the next post may be... the last!!

LOL! I'm sorry, it's me....I seem to be making a habit of coming into long fics just before the last post. I did it with Heart of a Mother and Red Flight too. Well, much better late than never. :D Can't wait to see what happens on Wednesday -- or is it Tuesday? ;)

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    You updated! Thank you, I love this story. :)

17. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    wow. I've never commented on a fanfic here, and really wasn't planning on it, but this pulled me out of lurking.

wow. I'm gonna go back and re-read it, see if I can pick up on all the little clues I apparently missed. :)

ha, here I was thinking, "Oh, good, the story's probably done so I won't have to wait for a new update like all these other people who've been along for the ride" but noooo, you're not done. Oh well. A Tuesday update sounds great to me, too.

wow. This is amazing. :)

18. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Wooohooo! LOL at Luke getting his beard nicked with the lightsaber! [face_laugh]

19. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Am still in shock after reading the latest instalment, hope to get comments up by the end of the week!

20. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Whiskey - Yep. The last one is coming right up.

Moonbeam - I can't wait to see what happens next, and how she deals with the things she did as Disast.

We'll deal with that in the sequel.

Arwen-Jade - Thanks. Just this last post, so you won't fall behind this time.

RP - Sorry, I couldn't get this up Tuesday, but I'm sure this will be worth the wait.

Gabri Jade - Thanks! The marathon ends here. Glad you like the twists and cliffhangers. Get use to it. ;)

Sara - Thank you. Unfortunately, it's about to end. There will be a sequel, but it'll be quite a while before it's posted. I got a few other stories to finish first.

talkingbanana - Hey, I'm honored to be your first time. ;)

I'm gonna go back and re-read it, see if I can pick up on all the little clues I apparently missed.

Smart thinking. I have to do that some times, myself. :D

SoDV - More about Luke's facial hair later.

Sabe - You'll have a lot more to comment on after this last post, I guarantee it. ;)

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Chapter Nine: Impact
    part: two

"Star Destroyer Sander, this is Death Star Control. You will be free of our tractor beam in sixty seconds."

"Sixty seconds!" Lando shouted from the bridge of the Millennium Falcon. "Is Blue Box sure the hyperdrive is plugged-in?" If the Falcon wasn't out of the docking bay in sixty seconds, the Death Star's tractor beams would be recharged, and the freighter's escape would be very short.

"Yeah," Winter said, rushing back into the cockpit and taking her place in the co-pilot's chair. "He's sure."

Lando did a double take when a movement outside the transparentsteel viewport caught his attention. "Then why is he catching a ride on that X-wing?"

"I tried so hard not to love you, Han. I thought I had learn the truth about love after Endor; that, in my life, my love would only hurt others and eventually come back to hurt me. My love of my fath--- Bail Organa, and all my friends devastated me when I watched Alderaan's destruction from the bridge of the first Death Star. I was hurt when Luke told me that the man I hated the most, Darth Vader, was really my father. How was I suppose to redirect all that hatred I had built against him when Luke, my closest friend since Alderaan, was telling me to turn it into love?

"Then there was you, Han. You were always instigating my anger and frustration, but I just... couldn't... hate you for it. I, somehow, enjoyed every minute I was around you no matter how annoying you could be. Everything changed with us at Cloud City. I didn't want to admit my love, I didn't want my love for someone to come back and hurt me, again. But when I was already hurting because of love, I knew I had to admit it out loud, to let you know that it wasn't your fault my heart was breaking, it was my love coming back to hurt me.

"And that's what I learned as Darth Vader's apprentice. I learned to transfer my love into hate. Hate of my mother for dying and abandoning me as a child, hate for Bail Organa who took me in and trained me to become a senator and to fight the Empire, hate for Luke Skywalker for rescuing me at a time when I just wanted to die, for telling me the truth about my history, for abandoning me after telling me that I was not only his sister, but that Darth Vader was our father.

"And then there was the hate Lady Disast had for both of you. She hated Luke because he was still alive, but her masters thought he would be more valuable to their Empire than she was. That they wouldn't allow her the chance to show how valuable she could be to the administration without having to spend all her time on the Death Star putting down insurrections and hunting down the person they wanted more than anything. The person hiding from them and making the Sith rulers look like fools. It was the same for you, Han. They found more value in a hot-shot smuggler than they did in her. She was the designated Sith apprentice until Luke could be found to take her place while Han Solo would repopulate their Imperial Navy with clones of the best pilot in the galaxy, throwing as many as they can at the Rebels because they still could harvest tissue from the original source. As long as Han Solo was around, as long as he was alive, the Empire would dominate, and Lady Disast would be nothing but a girl with a laser-sword."

The roar of the Millennium Falcon's engines echoed through out the hanger. "It's time to change that, Leia," Han told her offering his hand for her to take. "The people who truely love you no matter what you feel about them are here, and there's no way you're going to get rid of them." Han had holstered his blaster long ago, his open-handed plea being the rarest of cards he had ever delt. "It's time for us to go, Princess. It's time to redeem ourselves because there is no way we can go on living like what we've become. It'll be tough, be we can help each other," he finished, attempting to flash his old devil-may-care grin, noticing he was less than an arm's length away from he

22. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I need to reread this in the morning to get all my comments straight but wanted to leave some feedback tonight! BRILLIANT!!!!!! :)

23. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Oh boy!

The Death Star don't go boom! And you killed Wedge, and it looks like that Vader choked him!
    Let's wait for the sequel!

24. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Sneaky Sneaky there Knight-Ander.... Keep Han alive not for love but they wanted to Clone the "Smugler". That would have been interesting... Again great action and writing!!! Dr. Jade helping Luke was funny too. Wedge, poor poor Wedge. Now you'll just have to write a part II!!! Keep up the good work. :)

25. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Wedge... :_|

Han and Leia... [face_love]

Luke and Mara... [face_laugh]

SEQUEL?! :D

Really, the faces say it all. This story has been lovely from start to finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.