main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Alone: H/L post-ROTJ AU, COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Brilliant, Knight Ander! Very tense there! I loved R2's point of view, and the way everything worked out. *happy sigh* And Mara's cameo was great! This is a nice Mara, right? No Hand working to kill Lukie. That'd be bad. *tries to frown intimidatingly*

"Well this is the fastest ship ever redesigned."

Hehe, too true!

"And how successful have we been in capturing it?"

The captain's answer was shamed-silence.

It seems they're finally learning something.

What a great story, Knight Ander. One of the only ones I actually keep up with around here. You have great characterizations. I look forward to the sequel. :)

Tae

But... what happened to Wedge?! :confused:

2. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    You did NOT just kill Wedge . . . right? :eek:

I love the ending. Very cute. [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see a sequel! :D

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great endind.

I liked how Piett is realistic about their chances of actualy catching the Falcon, but feel like he has to make an effort anyways. :)

What about Wedge and the Death Star? Clearly the mission to destroy it from inside failed. What will the Alliance do now to blow it up? I certainly hope Wedge didn't get killed for nothing.

4. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Story-I loved the ending!

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Thank you for this wonderful story you have created.:) But what are we to do now on Wednesday without our weekly update. :( Please continue this story in some fashion.

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    She stepped forward and put a hand around the back of his head to kiss him for the first time in over five years.

They didn't see the blaster bolt coming.

VERY dramatic! I was so afraid that one of them would be killed, just when they finally got back together.

Leia must be a fast talker, to get that whole beginning speech in, in less than 60 seconds.

So Vader choked Wedge to death? And he came to the docking bay only to duel with Luke? And Luke killed him?

And the biggie -- Somehow Mara is a doctor with the Rebellion? That was a surprise, but a pleasant one. Looking forward to the sequel.

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    you just had to leave some questions unanswered didn't you? Is Wedge really dead? How did Luke get injured?
    Lots of frantic action there. This was quite a unique story. I'm sure the sequel will be just as unique.

8. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I was | | that close to just stopping right there and not reading the rest. I thought you'd killed them in their moment of reunion. You woulda had one very pissed off pyro on your hands had you done that. Lovely end, btw. I'm pleased that Leia is back to the light and with Han. That's all I cared about. lol

9. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I was in the same boat there with Sticksy, LOL! I was sure you'd gone and killed off Han and/or Leia.

Excellent ending, Knight-Ander. I like the way you left things somewhat vague with Wedge; I was more or less convinced he'd died, until I read some of these other responses. The bit with Luke and Mara in the end was great, too.

But the best part, of course, was the reunion of Han and Leia. I'm so happy they had a happy ending, hehe.

Again, awesome story KA. I'm so glad I stuck around during all the confusion you had in the beginning... :) Oh, and I hope to see more Han/Leia fics from you! You write them both very well!

10. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow! I knew I should have started answering replies earlier! :D

Now, everybody is asking, Is Wedge alive or dead? You'll have to wait for the sequel to find out the answer.

Sabe - I'll be eagerly waiting for your comments.

Tribun - Welcome and thank you. :) Yep, you're going to have to wait a few months for the sequel.

NETTY - I tried to be as sneaky and dramatic as I could with that last post. Glad you liked it.

Moonbeam - This story has been lovely from start to finish.

[face_blush]
    :)
    :D
    ;)

In other words, thank you.

Tae - This is a nice Mara, right? No Hand working to kill Lukie. That'd be bad.

Yes, that would be bad, wouldn't it? [face_devil]

It seems they're finally learning something.

Piett is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. ;)

What a great story... One of the only ones I actually keep up with around here.

Thank you. Yeah, it's tough to read other stories when you're writing something as epic as this.

talkingbanana - I love the ending. Very cute.

Thanks! Just trying to bring a little light to a usually dark story. :)

TorontoJM - Glad you liked the ending.

I liked how Piett is realistic about their chances of actualy catching the Falcon...

The ole admiral knows his limitations, that's for sure. ;)

Kab730 - Thank you! :D

hanna - Your welcome! :D

But what are we to do now on Wednesday without our weekly update?

[shrugs] Guess I'll have to think of something. :p

Jedi-2B - Leia must be a fast talker, to get that whole beginning speech in, in less than 60 seconds.

You know the saying, "Time stands still for no man."? Well it does for Princess Leia. ;)

And he came to the docking bay only to duel with Luke?

Actually, what Luke said was that Vader did not go to the hanger as Luke thought he would.

Mom - you just had to leave some questions unanswered didn't you?

Well, it just wouldn't fit into the story if there weren't any unanswered questions at the end of the post. ;)

Sticks - Whew! I can tell the fire department to go home now that you have decided to spare mine. :D Glad you liked how it ended.

Puggy - I was sure you'd gone and killed off Han and/or Leia.

If I hadn't decided to make that my final post for this story, I would have ended this week's post right there. [face_devil] Thankfully, for everyone's sake as well as mine, I didn't. ;)

I'm so glad I stuck around during all the confusion you had in the beginning...

I'm glad you and everyone else stuck around, too. Thank you very much. :D

Oh, and I hope to see more Han/Leia fics from you!

That's right. There's the latest challenge I have to take care of before time runs out. [face_blush]

11. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, since that was the last post, I am gonna give this reply some serious attention.....

Lando did a double take when a movement outside the transparentsteel viewport caught his attention. "Then why is he catching a ride on that X-wing?"

I could just see that, very funny and typical R2.

The idea of Lady D not being allowed to live up to her potential in the Empire was kinda cool in a way. Like a 'glass ceiling' of Sith or something. Lucky for us that Palpy didn't recoginize what the Empire had in Leia, unless he realized that Leia would never really get over her love for Han. Hm.

I - like the others - was just plain frightened by that line. I said some very un-JC correct curses. ;)

Darth Vader plied the Force like a blacksmith with white-hot steel.

That is quite an image. Forceful imagery! (no pun initially intended, but, since it works... pun eventually intended)

Hey, Artoo told me he was going to get the door."

LOL! Oh, sure! Blame the droid. Everyone wants to blame the droid, but who do they call when they want something done? The droid, that's who! ;) Sorry, I just couldn't resist that.

Wedge ?[face_plain] I never knew how much I really liked Wedge until this fic. And now his fate is unknown and I feel even worse. I can't wait to see what you are planning for him in the sequel.

Admiral Piett shrugged as the two ships made the jump to lightspeed seconds before a dozen TIE fighters could intercept them. "Typical."

LOL! Loved that and the whole Piett scene just before it. How wonderful to see him using his brain. Hm, no wonder he has lasted this long. I wish I saw more Imperial exchanges like that in fics.

Death Star made it out alive in this fic, too. Huh? Imagine that! I'm surprised.

The epilogue was a fun read, too. I like the light tone to it after the heavy stuff. A yummy satisfying dessert to put me in a good mood and hold me until the sequel.

I like the way that you don't assume your readers are stupid and feel the need to explain every little thing you mention. Also, I like that you leave things open and unended.

I will be waiting for a sequel as patiently as possible. Mind you, patience is a concept I have always meant to learn one day. Today, is not that day. ;)

Excellent! Brilliant! Daring! Why?

"It just is!" ;)

Thank you for posting this fic, Knight-Ander

J_Girl

12. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Great posty! :-D

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    What a rollicking finish! Fantastic! :D :D

I must admit that although I would have liked a few more answers, well, this is just a far more appropriate ending. :p ;)

I'm very glad you'll be writing a sequel -- I wonder how the Rebels will do now? :cool: Assuming Mara doesn't kill Luke in the first chapter of the next story! LOL! (Actually, I really expected going into this final chapter that Luke was going to somehow be trapped behind on the Death Star... Making the sequel "Luke Alone." :eek: But I guess not... :p)

I hope you allow Han and Robo-Leia a chance at some happiness before you inflict whatever mischief you have planned in the sequel. :D

Great story! Be sure to let me know when you start the sequel!

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Well, of course, must chime in my question of whether Wedge is alive or not...

And man...what hatred Leia/Disast had to keep her going all those years. I suppose if I lived in such a male-oriented galaxy where every man was more important than Leia no matter what she did I'd be pretty bitter, too. I'm glad that you had them get back together, although it seemed kind of quick...five years of agony and then...boom! Back in Han's arms. (LP reflects on this, and then figures she'd just fall into Han's arms in mere nanoseconds, too :p )

...and can I say I LOVED Dr. Mara Jade! Woohoo! Here I was, reading along, and thinking, "It's a shame that K_A never put Mara into this story. Where was she?" and then lo and behold..."Dr Jade". I almost burst out laughing--I was so excited.

Lovely, lovely fic all around. You are really a master of plot twists and turns, you evil genius, you. Can't wait to see how you get us spinning again for the sequel.

Great story!

15. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    LOL at Luke and Dr Jade. Would she be called that though, if she was never found by the Palpster?

Can't wait for a sequel! *hint, nudge, hint*

16. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    KA... I love you. I truly do. It was a HAPPY ending with no character death! Han and Leia and Luke and Lando and Winter are all ALIVE! And Leia is TALL! And she's LEIA again and not Distast! And Luke's got a GIRLFRIEND.

Let me tell you, my friend, you had me very worried when you almost killed Han and Leia, but you pulled through.

This fic was FANTASTIC, KA. We need a sequel!

17. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll come out of hiding and chime in with my 2 cents.

Awesome story!! Two thumbs up!! :D

Lady Disast identity was quite the mystery to me for awhile, then I figured it out by by her eyes. So are Leia's eyes brown again and what was the purpose of the visor? Just curious.

I've never seen a story that had made Leia a cyborg like Daddy Vader, so it was interesting to see that angle.

I'm glad to see that H/L are back together and that Leia is back with Luke too, albeit a little taller now. :p

Can't wait to read the sequel and where you'll take that. Especially since Palpy & Vader and the infamous Death Star is still around, and how will Han/Leia/Luke deal with all the things Leia/Disast did. Probably won't be easy at times.

Again great job, and I'm looking forward to the sequel whenever you get around to writing it.

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Very, very cool, Knight-Ander. Well done. I love the way you cut between scenes. And of course I loved Mara's appearance. :D But I still want to know what happened to Wedge! *sighs* Well, maybe we'll figure it out in the sequel. :D

19. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    It's the end?? *sniff* All good things must come to an end I suppose... Oh, by thw way Knight-Ander, I nominated this for several categories in Summer 2003 FF Awards! :D *counts them off on her fingers*

Best AU Story
    Best Novel (along with Dance with the Stars)
    Best Interpretation of a Canon Character- Han
    Most Imaginative Story (along with The Capture)

So good luck to you!!

This was an absolutely stunning story. Every little detail from the personalities of Twi'leks to legends about wookies (that was incredible by the way!) made it so complete and so rounded. It really was Star Wars! The ending I never suspected for a moment. What a wonderful surprise! Leia and Han back together, Winter with normal hair, everyone safe...and Luke and Mara!!! [face_laugh] That part was so sweet!! Congratualtions on keeping your readers on their toes and constantly begging for more!

20. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Why does Han always bump into entire legions of stormtroopers? You would have thought that his luck would change sometime! I sure hope Winter's a better shot than Lando. - LOL! Very cool the way Luke shut the bay doors. I--- I can't do that, Han," she said. - Sob! :( Leia's coming back! "Love," Princess Leia said. - Wonderful way to end that instalment.

How was I suppose to redirect all that hatred I had built against him when Luke, my closest friend since Alderaan, was telling me to turn it into love? - She has a point, Luke's revelation gave her so much to deal with and with the Rebellion crushed, Luke presumed dead and Han a prisoner, it is possible to see why she fell. I wonder if Anakin's fall will be for similar reasons?

"Somehow, I've always known. - Ok, completely gone now :(

AGHHH that was so mean of you! From Winter's reaction I thought that either Leia or Han had died.

Brave, brave Wedge. I'm assuming that Vader was force choking him? But I assume that I will have to wait for the sequel to find out.

Now I remember what I love about you, Han," Leia smirked. "You're so observant - ROTFL!

Admiral Piett shrugged as the two ships made the jump to lightspeed seconds before a dozen TIE fighters could intercept them. "Typical - ROTFL! Poor Piet, he must dread the Falcon appearing!

Excellent ending. I did wonder if Dr Jade was Mara.

Bravo KA! Another brilliant story comes to an end. I shall miss my weekly confusion! I think this was the first OT fic I have read. The way you cut between events in the last few instalments, really raised the tension levels. I'm looking forward to getting some of the unanswered questions answered and getting even more confused (I hope!) in the sequel!

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks for your comments, everyone. :)

J Girl - The idea of Lady D not being allowed to live up to her potential in the Empire was kinda cool in a way. Like a 'glass ceiling' of Sith or something.

Good analysis. Very observant.

I - like the others - was just plain frightened by that line. I said some very un-JC correct curses.

I had the feeling that would happen. ;)

Loved that and the whole Piett scene just before it.

I haven't seen much of that, either. Glad you liked it.

I like the way that you don't assume your readers are stupid and feel the need to explain every little thing you mention.

I was afraid that my readers would be too smart for my story. ;)

Excellent! Brilliant! Daring! Why?

"It just is!"

You're darn right. :D

crystal - Thank you. :)

Lex - I must admit that although I would have liked a few more answers...

That's what sequels are for. :D

I really expected going into this final chapter that Luke was going to somehow be trapped behind on the Death Star... Making the sequel "Luke Alone."

I admit, I thought about it.

Be sure to let me know when you start the sequel!

Will do.

LP - I'm glad that you had them get back together, although it seemed kind of quick...five years of agony and then...boom!

What's wrong with five years of unrequited love, with the one Leia loves is within her grasp and she can't let him know because she has been holding that part of her back all that time because, in her eyes, love hurts, and she doesn't want to hurt anymore?

LP reflects on this, and then figures she'd just fall into Han's arms in mere nanoseconds, too.

Pent-up emotion, that's what it's all about. :p

You are really a master of plot twists and turns, you evil genius, you.

Thank you... I think.

SoDV - Dr Jade. Would she be called that though, if she was never found by the Palpster?

We'll findout who's side she's one in the sequel.

Sunshine - I love you. I truly do.

Gosh, thanks. [face_blush]

It was a HAPPY ending with no character death!

That's what sequels are for. ;)

And Luke's got a GIRLFRIEND.

Um... we'll see about that, it all depends on how she holds up against his advances.

Matt Windu - Thank you and welcome!

So are Leia's eyes brown again and what was the purpose of the visor? Just curious.

I'll remember to explain that in the Visual Dictionary to Han Alone.

I've never seen a story that had made Leia a cyborg like Daddy Vader, so it was interesting to see that angle.

I'm always trying to do the original thing.

Gabri Jade - You're welcome on bringing in Mara, something I just had to do eventually.

But I still want to know what happened to Wedge! *sighs* Well, maybe we'll figure it out in the sequel.

Correct.

Bellyup - Wow! :eek: Thanks for all the nominations. It looks like this summer's awards are going to be very competitive.

Every little detail from the personalities of Twi'leks to legends about wookies (that was incredible by the way!) made it so complete and so rounded. It really was Star Wars!

Can't ask for a better complement than that!

Sabe - Bravo KA! Another brilliant story comes to an end. I shall miss my weekly confusion!

And I shall miss writing it. :p

Once again, thank you everyone for reading. I appreciated it. :D

22. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    In the sequel, will we learn more about how the treaty between the Alliance and the Hutts is working out?

Although they have a common enemy, I do think they'd still have a lot of differences between them.

BTW, is there any chance Boba Fett somehow survived?

23. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    In the sequel, will we learn more about how the treaty between the Alliance and the Hutts is working out?

Although they have a common enemy, I do think they'd still have a lot of differences between them.

BTW, is there any chance Boba Fett somehow survived?

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Haven't planned that far, yet, TorontoJM, but I'll keep your comments in mind. :)

25. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    HOOwa. What a ride. Wow. :eek: :D

Glad I finally made it here, but let me tell you I had a really good and witty feedback post going and then my Explorer window froze up and died on me. :mad:

Anyways, what a great evening's entertainment for your friendly neighborhood insomniac padawan/handmaidenly reader. Onto to the feedback and whatnot:

First off let me say that the concept of this story is fantastic and unique, as far as I have seen in my fanfiction wanderings. I enjoyed the early sections with our focus solely on your lone Han as the years sped by. Much of the story, but that section in particular, was full of mystery and speculation. I enjoyed the twists and turns you gave the reader with this story, although I am very glad I didn't have to wait for each post by showing up after the story's completion. I caught onto the implications of the comments of Han's guards when they met him the first time in the detention block; the subtlety there was good (a usual trait of yours) and left it easy to overlook those details so that they would surprise many and just confirm the thoughts of a few when that particular mystery was resolved.

The use of the decoy plot with Winter was brilliant, unexpected and seeminly handmaiden-fic influenced. Has your RHS membership influenced you so? :D YAY. I had stronly felt that Lady D was Leia but the Winter deal was nicely confusing and made me wonder if Winter was a clone of Leia's. The inner struggle of Leia with her true self and Her Royal Darknessness was well-developed throughout. It is evident in the plot she created to draw out Luke, a brilliant and subtle plan that also spoke of her unresolved emotions surrounding the whole ordeal. However I am skeptical of the Emperor's seeming patience at letting this plot go on for three years before finally becoming Sir Grumpalot again, that is harder for me to swallow because it seems unlikely to me that he would be willing to wait so long. But you did make it work for you. Regardless, the development of the plot around Han (the deceit created by the Imperials, the exercise that showed him the building, the presence of Artoo and all that he observed, and the rescue of Han and the entire complexity of that plan) was excellent and fascinating to watch unfold. You orchestrated your plot expertly and mysteriously. Did you plan it all out ahead of time or were portions of it in limbo as you started posting?

Thoughts and questions and curiosities and whatnot that may or may not be answered by the sequel:

1. The fate of Wedge (who I feel could be alive and put to use, perhaps as a handy if unwilling tissue donor?)
    2. The fate of Fett
    3. The level of success or lack thereof the faked Imperial broadcast about Leia had with the public in light of the decoy plot created by the Alliance. The decoy obviously was successful to an extent (even if only within the Empire hierarchy) if the Imperial officers found reason to want to beat her likeness in the form of their human mistresses. But what did the public think?
    4. Was their any tertiary significance of the Twi'lek mistress and her observations of the beaten human Leia-lookalikes? Do those observations have any import in the next story? Or were they solely there to support and prove the success of the Rebellion's decoy plot with Winter to your readers?
    5. Do android's dream of electronic sheep?
    6. Why on earth did Luke steal those jewels? (Maybe this one sounds ridiculous but...) Did that have something to do with lightsabers?
    7. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

OK now I'm just getting silly.
    I truly enjoyed this story, it's mystery, it's twists, the unique originality of its concept, the darkness it started with, etc.

It felt strange to experience your version of the OT characters happy to an extent in your epilogue after such darkness, it almost felt like an abrupt change to light- heartedness, but it was an earned level of happiness for out heroes... and I like how the story isn't totally resolved even then in that they have a lot to do still. Whic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.