main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Alone: H/L post-ROTJ AU, COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks you, Padawan L. Your words and analysis are much appreciated, but you knew that already. ;)

Wahoo! and Yippee! Everyone's favorite tale has been nominated in 3 categories for the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards!

The categories are Best AU, Best Action, and Most Imaginative Story.

Thank you all for the nominations. I have to supply three excerpts by Sunday. Any suggestions?

2. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    For "Best AU," I'd suggest the post where Han is imprisoned and Lady Disast makes her appearance--the one that ends with her introduction as the Dark Lady of the Sith. It should raise some interesting questions, and it's obvious that Han isn't supposed to be imprisoned in the OT, so it brings up the AU bit, as well.

As for the action award, I'd pick one of the fight scenes near the end, but I'm not sure which one. I'm still thinking about the imaginative.

Good luck!

3. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    I'M BACK!!!! I made it through 2 weeks of not knowing the ending to this story! Congrats on the nominations! This is definitely one of the most imaginative stories I've ever seen! I loved the ending! This whole story has been amazing, and you kept me guessing through the entire thing! I think this story takes the prize for driving me to the point of insanity :p Wonderful job, and thanks for creating such an interesting alternate universe! :)

4. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm kicking this story up because it kicked @ss and I'm in the mood to be bumping things I liked back to the top.

5. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks, Sticks. :D This story is getting some more attention, which I'll comment on in a bit.

Thanks for all your praise, RP!

I think this story takes the prize for driving me to the point of insanity Wonderful job, and thanks for creating such an interesting alternate universe!

You're welcome, I think. :p ;)

Anyway, Lady Moonbeam has suggested I submit this to the archives, so can I get a couple of beta-readers? :D

A cover artist would be great, too!

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Up. just in time to save it from the locker!

*Derisa*

7. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks, Derisa. ;)

8. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I just finished reading the end of the story.
    Now I'm crying. This fic is the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thanks.

9. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    This fic is the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Thanks, Binder! You're making me blush. [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. How did you find it?

Now I'm crying.

I think there is a box of kleenex around here somewhere. :p

10. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Wow! This story was, is, absolutely amazing! I just found it today and I was practically unable to stop reading!

The characterizations were great, as were the inventive twists and cliff hangers. I am very glad there is to be a sequel, as I am quite anxious to find out what happens to Vader, Wedge, Palpy, Piett, Thrawn, and others. Your use of clones and Winter as a Leia double were very creative. I look forward to more!
    Great job!

PS I really hope you get it archived! Good luck!

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks, Imladris, I appreciate the comments! :D

Alas, the sequel has been put on hold, and I don't have any enthusiasm to get this particular story archived for now.

12. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Whoa....why haven't I read this before? What's going on here? How did I miss this??

Anyways, this was totally spectacular. Totally bent my brain around a pole and back again. All the twists and turns kept me guessing, and I was totally riveted. Seriously, in fact I started reading this late last night, and just could NOT stop. It was around page 16, with my eyes bleary and stinging from the computer screen, that my power finally went out and *forced me* to stop.

Seriously, that was was the only thing that could've stopped me. But just as well, because I was able to finish up this morning with a clear mind.

I totally loved this. I wish I read this from when you started posting it, because there were so many specific details that I just LOVED, that I would have loved to comment on them right after the post (for instance, I loved Han's imaginary conversations with Chewie. I thought that was a brilliant touch), but of course, I'm too disorganized in the brain to remember them all now.

Truly, truly, a fantastic story. I'm so glad I finally caught this. Thank you.

13. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    why haven't I read this before? What's going on here? How did I miss this??

Good question, Rose. o_O

Anyways, this was totally spectacular. Totally bent my brain around a pole and back again. All the twists and turns kept me guessing, and I was totally riveted. Seriously, in fact I started reading this late last night, and just could NOT stop. It was around page 16, with my eyes bleary and stinging from the computer screen, that my power finally went out and *forced me* to stop.

Maybe you should keep a bottle of Visine by your computer, just in case. :p It's pretty addictive, isn't it? Even I get caught-up reading it on occasion, and I wrote the thing! [face_laugh]

I wish I read this from when you started posting it

You missed all the fun! :D Makes me wonder if I should repost it in The Saga board. [face_thinking]

I would have loved to comment on them right after the post (for instance, I loved Han's imaginary conversations with Chewie. I thought that was a brilliant touch)

Thank you. I thought it was pretty clever myself. ;)

I'm so glad I finally caught this. Thank you.

You're welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.