main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia: An EU Fan's Haven

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DantSolo, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Falling out of bed, falling out of chairs, lol. :p See what you do to us Lando? ;)

Post 900!!! Looks like we could hit 1000 before the one month anniversary of this thread rolls around. :)

~*~Bria

2. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    ::looks around with furrowed brow:: Oh, I don't think I like this......

And I really need to read The Hutt Gambit again......I'm lost. Yanksfan, now I know how you feel. ;) (LOL, J/K)

3. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    I need to read it again, too, Dant. Boushh, I loved that scene with Lando/Han/Boba Fett too!

[Going back to re-read]

I assume you guys have gone to the official site today -- isn't that great?? I just loved it.

:)

4. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    ::lamenting the lack of time to reread, due to this BP fic::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Thanks set271, I hadn't seen that!!! Could there be better news in this world????

5. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Dant: Just go by memory. ;)

And the official site is just hysterical! I wonder how long it's going to stay like that? :)

What is the deal with the JC? Is it just messed up or do they wanna go for the black and white look?

6. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    boushh2187: Memory? Memory? Where?

7. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

I need to go back and review Hutt Gambit myself. I know that there are some good stuff in it, I just can't remember what.

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, everybody go to the official site and vote for Han and Leia. *Luke* and Leia are winning as a couple at the moment. :mad:

~*~Bria

9. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I voted already... I bet Luke and Leia started out ahead before anyone even got to vote. Just because of the timeframe of the site. :) They would want to keep it consistent with what people's views must have been like. Though I still would have voted for Han and Leia...

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    My favorite part of Hutt Gambit so far? I loved how Han christened the ship 'Bria', and then later described it as being a 'pain-in-the-ass'.

Bwahahahahahaha!!! :D

Dant-and yeah, I used to dislike Lando. I mean he betrayed Han Solo! I'm not as forgiving as Han and Leia are about those kind of things, I guess. :)

11. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Dant-and yeah, I used to dislike Lando. I mean he betrayed Han Solo! I'm not as forgiving as Han and Leia are about those kind of things, I guess. :)

:eek: Hmmm... would you like me to pm you a scene I'm writing Yanksfan? It takes place right before the Leia/Bria mess hall scene in LLaF. It's about Bespin, from Lando's POV. That is, if you're interested in my prespective of what happened there. If not, it's cool. :)

I loved the bits with Chewie at the beginning of the Hutt Gambit. Totally awesome. You go wookiee. :D

~*~Bria

12. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    That "poll" on the official site is a j-o-k-e...all part of the April Fool's Day fun :). You see, pre-1980, a time I remember well whenever I take my ginko supplements, *everybody* thought Luke was going to end up with the princess. In fact I recall being somewhat surprised (though not unpleasantly) that Leia ended up with...gasp...Han! Didn't see that coming!

13. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    One of the things I loved most about THG is that we get to see the beginning of what developed into a long lasting, loyal and loving relationship between Han and Chewie. I loved the way Han tried to get rid of Chewie at first then changed his tune when Chewie saved him from the Barabel and then later on agrees to take him on as a partner. As the book progresses you can see how what started out as a life debt develops into a friendship based on respect and trust in one another. :)

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I know the poll is a joke, I was just hoping we could turn the tide. Probably doesn't even take votes anyway. :p

I agree, Shallamar was a piece of work. I don't think this is the last we've seen of her. Good thing Chewie was around. ;)

Stars! I know it's most likely only for today, but I'll enjoy it while I can! ;)

Stars in your multitudes,
    Scare to be counted,
    Filling the darkness
    With order and light.
    You are the sentinels,
    Silent and sure,
    Keeping watch in the night.
    Keeping watch in the night.
    ~ "Stars," sung by Javert in
    Les Misearbles

~*~Bria

15. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Miss Padme: I must chime in and say that I had every belief that Han would get the princess back then. I bet a whole dime on it with my friend (a Luke fan)- that was a big bet back then for us preadolescents. ;)

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I too thought H and L all the way.

I'll admit, I didn't see Star Wars until 1995 or so, and didn't see the sequels until the SEs in '97, but I did not know *anything* about ESB or ROTJ with the exception of Vader being Luke's father. Somehow I knew that one. But as far as Han ending up with Leia, and Leia being Luke's sister? I had no idea for sure. ;)

~*~Bria

17. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah... I knew the official site thing was a joke... And a very funny one at that. :) But the one at TFN is better. Click on the CNN thing about Eps 7,8,9 ;)

18. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    From the moment I saw the way Leia looked at Han in ANH, I knew they would end up together. [face_love] She never looked at Luke that way. :)

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Aye. None of their kisses *meant* anything either. ;)

So, anyway... back to The Hutt Gambit and Han, Chewie, Lando, and Boba Fett.

I really enjoyed how Han asked Lando not to tell Chewie about the Boba Fett thing because Chewie would have said that he should've been there, and went on to say that there are times he doesn't want to be with Chewie. Lando understood that of course. ;)

~*~Bria

20. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    1995, Bria??? Wow.

I dug out THG last night and realized that the whole time we were talking about the THG cover, I was picturing the "Rebel Dawn" cover. D'OH!

I'm rereading now... I just love the very first sentence of the book:

"Han Solo, formal Imperial officer, sat despondently at a sticky table in a dingy bar on Devaron, sipping an inferior Alderaanian ale and wishing he were alone."

Hee hee!! Promises great things to come.

:)

21. Bria

May 15, 1999
    1995, Bria??? Wow.

Yeah, I know. And even then, I had no idea what life was until January of 1997. :p

Hehehe...

~*~Bria

22. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Normally I'd just edit my previous post, but not today, since this is post 921. Wahoo!!! :cool: I love that number. ;)

Oh, before I forget about the covers. Yes, Rebel Dawn is a great cover too. I think Paradise Snare is the best of the bunch, but then I just might be the tad bit biased. ;) Out of THG and RD, I can't really say which I like better. I found it odd though that neither Chewie nor Lando showed up on THG. Perhaps it was done that way so that the introduction of Chewie and Lando came as a surprise?

~*~Bria

23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    It's very appropriate that you got post 921, Bria. It took me a moment to remember the significance of that number, however. :)

I think one reason I'm partial to the cover of THG is because blue is my favorite color. I liked the other two as well. Ok, I confess, I like any cover that features Han. ;)

24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Sologal. :)

I agree totally. *Any* cover with Han is fine by me. And the bigger he is, the better. ;)

~*~Bria

25. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Just ran across this funny scene in THG with Han and a very old Twi?lek woman:

<<She was watching him, her little orange-red eyes bright in her wrinkled countenance. ?Pilot handsome,? she said, giving her best approximation of a coy smile. The effect, with her teeth, was hideous. ?Oodonnaa old, but lots of life yet. Pilot interested?? The tip of one head-tail lifted off her shriveled shoulder and twitched invitingly at the Corellian.

Han?s eyes widened. *Minions of Xendor, she?s propositioning me!* The tip of her head-tail made a beckoning motion. Han backed away, shaking his head, feeling his cheeks grow warm. ?Uh, no thanks, madam,? he said stiffly. ?I?m honored, but, uh? I?ve taken a? vow. Of abstinence. Yeah. A vow.?>>

A vow, yeah, that?s it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.