main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia: An EU Fan's Haven

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DantSolo, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    boushh2187: Yeah, I wasn't surprised about the lack of Han & Leia either. Of course, I had *hoped* they would at least have a cameo ijn Conquest, but I am forever the pessimist.

set271: I still have to reread THG too, and I doubt I will get to it anytime soon.

For anyone who is interested, I just posted my new story "Mission From Hell". Those who aren't interested, just let your eyes glaze over this post. ;)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2358443&start=2358443

2. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    set271: I tend to hang out in between optimism and pessimism... if there is such a middle. :) And it is kind of interesting to know that they are off on some mission presumably together... :) I wanna talk about Conquest but I can't yet. I'm not that far in! Give me a couple of days. Work has been too annoying lately. It won't let me read! :(

3. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Sologal, you have expressed my feeling about L/M exactly. I don't have Conquest yet and probably won't for quite awhile. I'll read it eventually but right now I have to much on my plate. If H/L were in it I would have rushed out to get it just to read their parts. I do like the ideal that they are together alone even if it is "off-screen".

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Sorry... I was being sarcastic. Sometimes I forget that it's hard to tell on-line. :p The blurb is from the Essential Guide to Aliens, and has a bit where Han writes about Chewie. Everybody knows he saved him, and was sworn a life debt, so there are no spoilers. I just thought it tied in with THG because that's when Chewie is introduced. :D

Personal log entry of Han Solo:

Although initially it was annoying, I'd say right now, it isn't much of a debt really. Now it's a true friendship. When I saved his life, I ruined my promising military career. The last thing I wanted at the time was a walking reminder of my dishonorable discharge following me around. Even though I'd realized at that point that the Empire wasn't the idea employer, somehow seeing Chewie all the time was like rubbing salt in an open wound.

But after a while, I came to depend on him. He was always there, out of some misbegotten duty to me- a man that really didn't deserve it. He was reliable and steadfast, unlike any friend I'd had. I soon became more indebted to him than he was to me. I needed him. Still do.

There you have it. Sad :(, but very true. :)

*sniff* How I love Han... [face_love]

~*~Bria

5. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Bria: Thank you for posting that!

Oh, how heartwrenching, in the face of the NJO. :(

6. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001

That was beautiful Bria. Thank you for sharing that.

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, that was nice I guess. But does anyone else find the whole concept of Han writing in a journal ridiculous? LOL!

I mean try to picture it...'dear diary, I'm so confused...'

Hee hee.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? It's funny!

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    You're welcome. Yes, heartbreaking. :_| Though it does put me in the mood to write some stuff in the AU fanfic I'm working on...

I think there was one other bit by Han in th EGtAS.... If I find it again and it isn't chalked full of spoilers, I'll put it up. And if it is... you can pm me and request it (I'd specify to which books the spoilers are too). :)

~*~Bria

9. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Yanksfan: Yes, I'll admit, Han doesn't seem like the "dear diary" type. Hmmm.....maybe he was talking aloud and someone recorded him??

Ok, bad idea, I admit it......now *I'm* getting the weird stares, Yanksfan. You're not alone! :D

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, Han isn't really the diary type, but I guess the occasion blurb here and there is cool, IMHO. I won't be turning it into a fanfic series though, as I did with Obi-Wan.

~*~Bria

11. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    No, Yanksfan, I think it's a little weird, too! :) I can't quite picture him bearing his soul, either, but it is nicely written...

Remember some of that alternate ESB dialogue? (This is from memory, folks, so don't get mad if it's slightly off):

HAN: Let me check my logs.

LEIA: You keep logs? My, how organized.

HAN: Well, sometimes.

Of course, he was referring to his logs regarding the Anoat system, not "journal entries" per se, but I just thought a log's a log, so I thought I'd bring it up...

Sorry. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :)

12. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    LOL, set271! I always thought that Leia teasing Han about the logs was adorable, especially at that moment when things are confusing between them. It's too bad it was omitted. :(

13. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Oh, I thought so too!! I think she was described as being "more impressed by him by the minute" or something. I always liked that.

14. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Ginger - I agree with you and everyone else that has mentioned this. I like the idea that Han and Leia are off somewhere alone together as well. I can just imagine Han dodding (sp) over Leia like an overprotective parent. :)

Thanks so much, Bria, for posting that. It just brightened my day. :D

And no Yanksfan, I can't exactly see Han taking the time to write in a journal. :)

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I brightened your day Sologal? Cool. :cool: And here I thought I was just having some fun sharing something we haven't yet seen from Han. :)

Looks like we just make it to 1000 posts here by the 1 month date (which is tomorrow). :)

~*~Bria

16. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    You sure did Bria. Han's log made me smile even it it was a bit heartwrenching. I'm been a bit depressed today and needed something to cheer me up. :)

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Cool. :)

Anybody interested in the other Han entry? I found it, and it too ties in with the HST. No spoilers in it though. It's about Jabba the Hutt. :)

~*~Bria

18. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001

Bria, I'm interested in anything you got on Han. Please post.

19. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    By all means, Bria, please post it. :D

Just checking in to see if there are any new posts before I bury myself in Conquest. :)

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    *sigh* I just bombed a test. Majorly bombed. And after studying *so* hard for it... :(

Ok, here is the scene:

Personal log entry of Han Solo:

When we first met, I actually kind of liked Jabba, and he seemed to like me. I've always wondered if this was because of where he was in his life. I think it was the fact that he still liked me that he came in person to meet me at Mos Eisley.

Actually, that was the last personable conversation we had, and I know I must have crushed his ego. The next time I saw him, he power had grown to match his size. Plus he hated me.

With Hutts, size has a lot to do with attitude. After his growth spurt, Jabba changed. Oh, he was angry during our encounter at Mos Eisley, but once he really became the big boss, so to speak, he became obsessd with getting even.

I wonder; if Jabba hadn't grown so much, would he have let me out of the carbonite, given me a tongue-lashing, and then let me go?

There you have it. Han and Jabba. Straight from the man himself. ;)

I did come across another Han entry... I'll post it when we get to the Han Solo Adventure interludes of Rebel Dawn, because I believe it's from there. Just have to figure out which one (as I've only read Stars End).

~*~Bria

21. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I agree that it's pretty funny thinking of Han Solo jotting things down in a journal. ;) In the Star Wars Journal series he's at least he is sort of being interviewed and not making a journal. I thought he was pretty funny in that also, even though he does open up a bit too much to the monk man (big points to those who get that reference. :) ).

Bria: LOL about Han's thoughts on Jabba. Too funny. :) Post anything else you have on the man! :)

22. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Thanks for posting that Jabba entry, Bria. I second boushh's request for any additional entrys you may come across. I must check out this Essential Guide to Aliens. :)

Got more of Conquest read last night and have to say I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. Once I got past the first chapter or two it got easier to take. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much read as I would have liked to. Real life keeps calling and there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. I really, really, really wish that Han and Leia were in it though. I find them to be a motivational factor in getting a book read. I just can't express enough how disappointed I am that they do not even appear or are even barely mentioned. :(

23. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    I feel the same way, Sologal. (Finished it last night). Star Wars without Han and Leia ain't Star Wars... :) At least it's about their *son,* who's an interesting character (IMHO), so that's what kept my interest.

There were a *couple* of brief mentions of them... I'm dying to talk about it with you guys! :)

24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I'm glad you guys liked the scene with Jabba. I thought it was good. While I think there is only one more entry by Han, I will make sure, and post any by him, when we get to the right point for them. The next one will have to wait until the RD interludes.

You got farther than I did Sologal. I intended to read for a while when I got home, but I didn't make it to bed until 11, and I fell asleep about 1 page into Ch.2. [face_blush] Oh well. I'll read more today when I go to the dentist. I too find it sad that Han and Leia aren't in this :(, but there are other characters in it I like. :)

~*~Bria

25. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I wanna read more of Conquest! I wanna see what happens to Anakin and I wanna see all the brief mentions of Han and/or Leia... Real life keeps getting in the way for me too!! Darn it! I must read more tonight after Survivor... I must!

Back to THG for a second... (SPOILERS YANKSFAN) I'm not sure if I remember totally right but is this the book where Sala gets all into the marraige thing? And Han sort of just doesn't have the heart to tell her to her face that he doesn't want to get married?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.