main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia: An EU Fan's Haven

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DantSolo, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Dant-yeah, you're right. I don't think they jumped into marriage right then either. But all I meant is that if you were to look at ROTJ Han and then hear that later him and the princess get married, it doesn't seem like a stretch in the least. :)

Stoned Rose :D

2. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    ariel, Tigerwallah is just trying to provoke a reaction from the Han/Leia fans. Don't waste your time responding to someone like that. And I'm with you, Stoned Rose! :D

3. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I believe that Tigerwallah is expressing respect and maturity. She just has a different point of view. ;)

4. Tigerwallah

Tigerwallah Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2001
    Well, let's just say that this was innocent bantering between Dant and I. As for maturity, well, I never thought expressing ones opinions was immature. In fact, quite the oposite. This is the United States where freedom of speech reins supreme. Maybe you should consider this before you get your hackles up and tell someone to leave.

5. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    StonedRose: Exactly.....I knew I liked you for a reason;) :)

To all: Why don't we call it a night, huh??:)

6. ariel

ariel Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I never said you should leave. I just meant, I didn't see what people could get about saying why Han and Leia should break up in a Han/Leia fanclub. Just like why I refrained from bashing the EU in fanclub that was for EU fans. And expressing differing opinions is in no ways immature, but there fanclubs come with a definite point of view, much like the MJFC, so it makes little sense to me why someone would try to argue against the POV of a fanclub like this. To me, it would be immature and disrespectful for me to go into the MJFC and say I want Mara Jade and Luke to break up, or that I want Mara Jade to die. But then, some people have different perspectives of maturity and respect than others. But let's leave it at that, I don't want to indulge in petty bickering over the threads, as that's pointless.

sweetheart - good advice. :D

Night all :)

7. Tigerwallah

Mar 2, 2001
    Night Dant. :D

8. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Hehe you should have taken my advice ariel. And I agree with you on the respect and maturity thing. There's a time and place for everyone's opinions. Let's drop the whole thing, hmm?

Good night :)

9. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Tigerwallah: Sweet Dreams of Isolder. ;) I'll keep EU Han, thanks. :)

10. Tigerwallah

Mar 2, 2001
    Lol. I think I'm dreaming about Gilligan tonight. night :D

11. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh how I love it when people are reasonable....and dropping it sounds good to me, sweetheart;)

Night :D

12. ariel

ariel Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Good idea sweetheart :) I shouldn't be wasting my time :)

good night all :D

13. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    That's the spirit ariel! I'm here to discuss Han and Leia and sidetracking and petty arguments are pointless and inane :) Let's get back to the REAL discussion! :D

14. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    ::Hoping we can return to some semblance of normalcy::

Morning all! :D

15. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good morning all.

On the topic of whether or not Han changed from ANH to ROJ, I don't think it was as much a matter of changing but rather Han hiding his true self. If you remember in AC Crispin's PS, Han's dream is to become a respectable person with a military career and a loving wife and family. Something he had never had. As the years passed and he failed to realize his dream of respectability, he became more cynical and became to believe that he would never achieve that goal. And do I dare mention that fiasco with Bria. After she broke his heart for the second time, he probably swore off on ever putting himself in the possession of having his heart broken yet again. Then along comes Leia and suddenly he's starting to have feelings for her that he doesn't want to have, so he fights them. I just think it takes him awhile to trust his feelings as well as trust Leia. At least that is my take on things.;)

Well, I've got to run to a staff meeting (how boring :() so I better get off of here for now.

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Good morning Dant. You're up early. ;)

~*~Bria

17. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Good morning!

I totally agree with you, Sologal. I think Han's "true self" was there all along, just buried.

Hope you had fun at your staff meeting. :)

18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    *bites tongue until it falls off onto floor*

Mmph!..Mmmmph........!!

*takes breath*

Okay, uh...I agree that Han's willingness to settle down and all that was completely believable etc..... And, uh, I can say this based on what I saw in the three movies. Um, yeah...I'll just leave it at that.

Good mornin' all. :)

19. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Good morning Yanksfan!

I just love having three Han/Leia threads around! :D :D :D

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    HI:) I see we have lapsed back into civility :) Hooray!!

Bria: I'm on the east coast....I wasn't up *that* early ;)

Sologal: Excellent assessment, I'm with you :)

Yanksfan: I appreciate the tongue holding :D Again, PMs are an excellent place for "arguing" :D

Along the lines of what Sologal said, I think that Han's lack of a traditional childhood and family alone would make it difficult to trust, and especially to settle down and raise a family of his own. I can imagine him doubting his ability to even *be* a father....what does he know of fathers? He never had one. The concept of family is a foreign one to him, and I think it would be frightening. But these are simply his own fears, and as we see, he does an excellent job as a dad :)

21. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Yep, he's a good dad...

Speaking of which, do you guys have any favorite "Parenting" moments in the books? The Solo family isn't exactly the Brady Bunch, but they've had their moments...

I know Jaina's resentment of her mom is a touchy subject, but I enjoyed that aspect of BP. (I always like a lot of conflict between the characters for some reason!)

If this is off-topic or something, feel free to change the subject. :)

22. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    set271: Topic's fine :)

I'd have to say that I really enjoyed a couple of moments that were only mentioned, not shown. In BFC, when Leia wakes up, all stiff and exhausted because Anakin had climbed into bed with them, and had tossed and turned all night. And of course, Han had slept soundly through it all..LOL :) I liked that moment because it showed them as a typical family. It's such a *real* moment when you have kids.

I also liked (and I *believe* this was also from BFC, but I wouldn't stake my life on it) when Han thinks about the "force tantrum" that Anakin had, and how difficult that had been. As a parent of a *very* difficult child, my heart went out to him. If my daughter was able to use the force during a tantrum, I'm sure we'd need a new place to live. ;) LOL

Anyone else? :)

23. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Set271 - It was boring as usual but at least it was relatively short.:)

Dant - You expressed my thoughts exactly on Han's feeling about being a father. I think being a parent is a scary prospect for anyone, but when you don't even have a role model, it would be especially frightening.:(

I [face_love] these smiley faces. Don't they make one for frightened? They don't all seem to be working, however, unless I'm doing something wrong.

24. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    I think I figured out the wink, ;) ... but I think the standard happy face is about as experimental as I'm going to get. :)

Maybe you guys can help me remember this moment better... it's in a KJA book, of all places, and Han's running off to rescue Leia and he takes a second to look down at Jacen, and is struck by how much he looks like Leia. I can't really remember any more details, except that I really liked that moment...

25. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    set271: From DA: "We *are* good," Jacen answered with a touch of indignation. At that moment the little boy looked heart-wrenchingly like Leia.

This is before Han goes to get her after the attack on Mon Calamari.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.