main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Han and Leia appreciation fan club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IamZam, Feb 11, 2016.

1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    The sequel that shall not be named. If they did that, they would have lost a huge part of their fan base. Thankfully we have Bloodline, to show that at least some of TPTB do get it. For spoilers check the EU thread, it has multiple glowing reviews. I hope we get more including some from Han's pov.

iluvkoalas and Claire1976 like this.
  2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11923363/1/Identity
    "A distress signal reaches Coruscant after the Empire's demise, claiming to be the beacon of Bail Organa.What would the reappearance of Leia's adoptive father mean for her life in a post ROTJ context? " BAIL [face_love]

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Heard a big rumor that it's RJ, not JJ or KK who wanted Rey 2 not be a Solo or Skywalker so JJ agreed to make her past vague.

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    That's an interesting rumor Darth Basin and it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true. Would have thought TPTB had this whole storyline planned out to begin with, but now I'm beginning to wonder if they're just making it as they go.

IamZam likes this.
  5. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Star Wars is famous for Retcon, most of it seems to be made up as they went along. It's like a tradition. Why should Disney break this tradition?

BigAl6ft6, iluvkoalas and Sologal like this.
  6. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

TPTB?

7. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Darth Basin The Powers That Be:)=Lucasfilm story group

IamZam likes this.
  8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Sologal likes this.
  9. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Sologal I think they had a plan, but they keep changing it and thus we keep getting conflicting information, not to mention false spoilers.

I don't believe anything until it's officially official, that is on the screen or in print. Even then they are famous for retconning After all it is a SW tradition, why would Disney want to break with that.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  10. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I recently purchased this book from Barnes&Noble. I better spend the whole weekend reading it.

11. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015

Not just that, but it's so hard for me to believe that Disney would endorse the breaking up of an iconic couple (This is Disney...) and the murder of a father by his son. Disney wants happy stories, not tragic ones.

IamZam likes this.
  12. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I don't see that happening, this is Disney not the Lifetime network. Even with the violence and death, they still want to keep it somewhat family friendly since much of their audience is kids, including both the books and the movies.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  13. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000

That's why I find it hard to believe that Disney would even allow something as horrible as patricide in a Disney movie.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  14. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    "Han and Leia fought all the time!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, memories.

16. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    That's because Disney didn't produce it...it was LucasFilm that did. Disney is the distribution company. It's the same as with Marvel. Disney doesn't dictate the story.

17. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Oh, Han and Leia...what a beautiful couple! [face_love]

18. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    I agree. I think Disney wanted to see how popular or unpopular the new characters turned out before they locked them into any specific family lineage.

Now that fans really seemed to gravitate to Rey, Finn, Poe they are probably rethinking them in a longer view possibly tying them into Episodes 10, 11, 12.

19. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I hope we'll see a novel about Ord Mantell mission. Looks like Han and Leia participated in this mission together:

Leia Organa: I thought you had decided to stay.
    Han Solo: Well the bounty hunter we ran into in Ord Mantell changed my mind.

20. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I'm not sure whether or not it was considered canon, but the Ord Mantell story was told on an record album many years ago. I used to have it but lent it to my brother and never got it back. It's been so long since I listened to it that I don't remember much about it though.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  21. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Cute Han/Leia fan film:

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I betcha dollars to donuts the Ord Mantel mission will be covered in the Marvel comics. In the most recent arc, Han & Leia have been separated but it's allowed some interesting moments of Leia trying to stop a crazy guy from killing a lot of people in her storyline and Han gets in a breezy, goofy quick interludes as he's taking Luke out on a smuggling mission. Decent read and while the Leia arc is really dark she still gets in some fun moments of badassery.

23. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    If they follow how SW normally works, they have a story outline in mind, and then keep tweaking it and changing it as they go along which sometimes leads to some interesting moments that look "interesting" and occasionally hilarious in retrospect. (kissing your brother anyone).​
    Even if LFL is no longer George's baby, I'm sure they will continue this tradition as the movies go along. I can somewhat understand it, after gauging audience reaction. Also, what may have sounded good at one time, may no longer work or may work better if they do it a different way.​

24. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Keep me updated on if there's any good Han/Leia moments in the comics. I don't usually read them but I'll pick up an issue if it's got some good Han/Leia moments. Love that one Breaking the Ice in the old EU.

As for Rey, I heard in George's original outline Kira/Rey was Han and Leia's daughter and the Jedi Killer was a non-Skywalker/Solo. How I wish they had gone with that instead, then we wouldn't have had Han and Leia being trashed constantly by Reylo fans. And it would have been awesome to see a GOOD Organa-Solo with both their parents best traits. (Really missing Jaina Solo in the old EU!)

25. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    So I guess fan reaction towards Rey determined the ultimate fate of her family?

Scenario 1: KK to RJ, "Geewiz, day hate her! RJ quick, make her a Skywalker!"

Scenario 2: "Day love her! We can make her more powerful than Luke! RJ, we can end the bloodline! "