main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Han and Leia appreciation fan club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IamZam, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "If money is all that you love then that's what you'll recieve."

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jedi Jessy and Sologal like this.
  3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I read that comic. Typical power struggle between two alphas.;)

Should be receiving Kiss 3 before too long. That's something to look forward to.:)

IamZam likes this.
  4. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Something more? That can be a baby Ben retcon!

6. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    My Kiss 3 fanzine arrived today! :*[face_party]:D

IamZam likes this.
  7. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I got my copy today too.[face_dancing] The first thing I did was look at all the great art work.=D=

IamZam and iluvkoalas like this.
  8. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh, yes, the artwork is absolutely wonderful![face_love]

iluvkoalas likes this.
  9. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Stupid budget. YCUAGK is on my list of things to get, darn bills. maybe I should quit eating.

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    It's been quiet in here lately so I thought I'd pose a question for a little fun speculation: what kind of wedding do you think Han and Leia would have? Do you think they'd have a big, fancy affaire akin to a major state function or something small and more intimate with only their closest friends invited? I've pondered this question occasionally since the OEU was deemed Legend, wondering how the NEU will handle this major event in their lives. Hopefully, we will at least view this scene through Han or Leia's POV this time.

11. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    That's actually a good question. I get the feeling they would rather have a quiet private wedding (especially Han who isn't big on ceremony), but given her title and stature they would probably have to do something big as a state function (and probably as a celebration event also) .

I hope the NEU gives us this, preferably by Claudia

Sologal, Jedi Jessy and Claire1976 like this.
  12. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
  13. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Aw... I want to go with a small, quiet, private wedding. Or at least that would be my head canon!

Sologal, Jedi Jessy and IamZam like this.
  14. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Oh,well there's only fan-fiction to imagine.. what the wedding would be like in the world of Star Wars. I need to find some good fanfiction to read when I finish the Bloodline book in the future.

15. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Bumping up to keep this alive before it hits page 2.

I prefer the idea of a small private wedding with just their closest friends and whatever passed for a JOTP or minister.

I'm thinking it would probably be just Luke, Chewie and maybe the droids. That's all they need. But sadly given their status and her title I'm sure protocol would demand some sort of function.

Either that or a private wedding with some sort of more public reception, which is probably what they would compromise to.

Sologal likes this.
  16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I love the idea of a quiet, intimate wedding. Minimal fuss, just a couple of guests and the focus solely on them and not the event itself. I don't think they would want a big deal made of it, but as has already been said, the galaxy would expect a lavish wedding for the Princess of Alderaan and her rebel hero husband. After all they would be pretty big celebrities.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

17. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    “She looked him in the eye, all levity gone from her expression. "You're not going to go in there after him [Jacen]"
    "I might," he said. I am, he told himself.
    "Han, no. Listen to me." This was not Leia's voice of command; it was a plea. "You can't help him. If you go, I'll lose you, too."
    [...] Chilled by the tone in Leia's voice, Han shook his head. "Someone has to go."
    "Luke. Luke has to go. He has a chance. We don't." Leia seemed to deflate, as if the admission that she could offer no help, no comfort to her missing son had reduced her in volume. But she straightened again in a moment. "You can't help Jacen, but you can help me".

"How?"
    "With politics."
    "You know how I feel about politics. You know how good I am at it."
    Her smile returned. "The Resistance means it's time for new politics. The kind where, if the fellow smiling at you is planning to put a vibroblade in your back, instead of smiling in return, you shoot him."
    "Really?" He thought about it. "Shoot him just once, or as often as I want?"
    "As long as your blaster's batteries hold out."
    "Sounds wonderful. What's the catch?" Star Wars: The New Jedi Order - Enemy Lines

I prefer that version. "I miss our evil son but you can't help him now and I don't want to lose you!" :(

Sologal, IamZam and LoveThis like this.
  18. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Definitely an improvement of the version of the director who shall not be named. She wants her son back, but she doesn't want to lose anyone else in the process. I can totally understand thinking that Han might be able to reach Ben (still buried in Kylo), but that she also wouldn't want to lose another loved one. I imagine it a bit of a rock and hard place situation.

I am oddly glad that she may be in a coma for ep VIII, since I'm sure they would otherwise mishandle her character. I also imagine the guilt and anguish of losing her beloved husband to her son would be more than any woman who has already been thru multiple layers of hell could possibly handle. She's basically lost two of the people she loves the most, while her brother is MIA/AWOL.

Let's hope they do a better job with the old school characters in the next one. I would like to see at least some acknowledgement of Han and what he gave up for those he loved, and how much they loved him. I agree large funeral would not be something he would not want but I would think there would be some kind of private memorial or at least her wearing or having something of his. I'm sure Luke most likely would have felt something there also, he felt when Vader was torturing them.

19. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
    Going back to this wedding thing, in the Lit and EU thread unicorn did some sleuthing to find out Claudia Gray's fan fiction handle. It turns out IMXFScully, which was her handle (before it became Yahtzee) wrote her first SW fanfic about this very topic. It's kind of maddeningly incomplete (part one doesn't fully load.) Part one: http://web.archive.org/web/20091022050136/http://geocities.com/organa-zation/fanfic/1part1.txt, Part two: http://web.archive.org/web/20091022111523/http://geocities.com/organa-zation/fanfic/1part2.txt but to spoil the story, they're stuck planning a HUGE wedding but instead end up spontaneously marrying on Lando's ship before the actual ceremony, with only their good friends present. It's more Legends EU, but still I thought it was interesting in light of Claudia having written Bloodline, which gives us the most information we have so far about Han and Leia's life post ROTJ, and this conversation!

Sologal and IamZam like this.
  20. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I guess I should answer my own question. I believe that Han, in particular, would much prefer a small, intimate and private ceremony with only their closest friends in attendance.. As far as Leia's concerned, I believe, as she's never struck me as someone to stand on ceremony for herself, would also prefer it. But Leia was raised to serve her people and may feel compelled to bow to their wishes as I'm sure they would want to view the wedding of the last Princess of Alderaan. So maybe what they could do is the GFFA version of televising it. Then they could have a larger reception open to the Alliance military and political higher ups.

I very much prefer this version as well. Leia has to live with the knowledge that it was her plea that sent Han to his death and that has to weigh heavy on her. And how sad it is for her to just get him back only to lose him forever. That being said, I'm still not convinced it all had to end this way in the first place if only JJ had a better imagination.

21. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
    I am of the same opinion. I can accept TFA, but I don't like TFA, nor do I believe it was the most logical or creative outcome for these two!

IamZam and Claire1976 like this.
  22. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with this. I always said to myself that as long as they had a happy marriage up until the proverbial hit the fan, then I could learn to live with what happens in the film. So far so good, but it's still what they do with the back story that will ultimately make or break it for me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I don't think I'll ever come to completely accept the TFA. With Han being my most favorite character I feel a bit cheated that he was offed in the first place, but for him to die a miserable and broken man who was just reunited with the love of his life, is heart wrenching to me. And all because, by JJ's own admission, they couldn't find an important role for Han to play going forward. Like I say....lack of imagination. So my only hope is in the NEU and that it will treat both of these characters I love and their relationship with respect. Claudia Gray got us off to a good start and hopefully that trend will continue.

iluvkoalas, IamZam and Claire1976 like this.
  24. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Preaching to the choir on that one. I accept it as canon, but in my head I have a better EU canon. Where things weren't so crappy and depressing. I know they could have done much better by us old-schoolers while still keeping the new characters as they were since I have no problems with any of them, save for Kylo being such a whiney, entitled, neurotic, brat. Adults should not be throwing temper tantrums like a toddler.

It's too bad I doubt we will get any flashbacks in any of the new movies to happier times, but that's what we have the EU for. More Claudia please.

25. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
    Two words: SEXY LUGGAGE. I can't stop referring to Han as such nowadays, but how insulting to his character. I mean, yes, Han is sexy, but his character was much more than just that!

Edited to add: Kylo is a millennial Anakin. He can't help his genes. He's a whiny Skywalker. Plus he's a product of his generation. It's all about him and how the galaxy owes him something! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

One more edit: Han/Leia fanfic writers of the world I will gladly read and review other AU versions of what happens to Han and Leia in the future! Since TFA was such a downer for our ship, please have at it! I love reading Han and Leia fanfic, and there are some great AU stories floating out there post-ST.

Sologal and IamZam like this.