main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Han and Leia appreciation fan club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IamZam, Feb 11, 2016.

1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    If they take the dark path, than we will always have FF.N and Mandy to keep us happy. As long as they have writers like Claudia Grey I have some confidence in the AU if not the movies. If not I will reject their canon and substitute my own.

I agree with you as I've been disappointed many times ever since Disney jumped in the mix, so I'm not holding my breathe, but I may place a very small bet.

iluvkoalas and Jedi Jessy like this.
  2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Special Father's day! Good fics about dad Han:

A Father's Day Story by Zyra M
    Father's Day is a bit more meaningful as Han wakes up in his own bed for the first time after a prolonged recovery. Missing moment from after the EU book "Tyrant's Test."​
    The Threepio Analogy by Madame.Alexandra
    Leia is worried about her mothering skills when it comes to newborn baby Ben, and Han eventually offers up an explanation for what might be wrong. Follows TFA canon (even though my heart rejects some TFA canon!). Han/Leia.​
    Klutz
    "Han is being a slightly inattentive parent, but that's not why Leia's mad at him. H/L baby Ben. TFA canon".​
    Ben Solo and the Terrible Plague
    "It's really important for Leia's sanity that her husband learn what the actual definition of a fever is. {H/L; TFA canon - kind of a joke}"​
    Of Vegetables And Diplomatic Art By: SleevedWhiteSnow
    "Han's parenting methods were sometimes questionable. This time, however, certain drastic measures were called for. [EU Legend]"​
    Raising Solo By: Zolo77
    "Parenting, according to Han Solo. Cute, funny and heartwarming short stories featuring Han & his children. Please R&R. AN: some stories featured have appeared in my Time & Time Again series. Please enjoy. (Legend EU)"​
    Imagine the Future in the Night by MandyQ
    "MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU! Unauthorized bonus content based on Claudia Gray's BLOODLINE. This is an extension of the flashback scene in Chapter One. Han and Leia talk about their future as parents of newborn Ben."​
    Tales from The Millennium Falcon by MandyQ
    "A series of otherwise-unrelated vignettes that all take place aboard Han Solo's beloved YT-1300. Missing moments from the films we love and gaps filled in of the years in between. Featuring Han and Leia, Chewie, Finn, Rey, little Ben, Luke, and others. Rated K-M. T-M rated chapters will be labeled. Open-ended, Chapter suggestions welcome. I love reviews and reviewers!"​
    The Favorite Gift by Zyra M
    Just a sweet little story about Anakin Solo and his favorite present his father gave him that reminds Leia of something from her childhood.​
    Almost Thirteen by StatsGrandma57
    Jaina's had a horrible day at school. Han knows how to make her feel better.​
    just some stories from a life that used to trouble me by philthestone
    "It's really very difficult not to develop a Helping People Thing when half your family members used to be slaves and the other half (said halves not being mutually exclusive, either) fought in a war to re-establish galactic freedom and peace and - well, all that stuff.​
    Especially, Jacen thinks, because the whole freedom and peace gig didn't quite solve the galaxy's Bad Guy Problem." (Implied/Referenced Child Abuse)​

kick the monsters back under the bed by philthestone
    "It's 'cause there's two of you in the bed," Nik tells his father sleepily, head pillowed in the crook of Han's neck. "That's why you and Mommy sleep together. Bad dreams get scared when there's more'n one person in one place, Daddy."​
    the one where they saved the world by nspx
    “Why would he say something like that about our Dad?” he asks quietly, like he’s verging on tears but not really, because he needs to be strong now and besides, this is silly, this Horm man doesn’t matter anyway, because Dad is the bestest and they all know it.
    Nik, who was very sleepy before, looks wide awake now. “D’you – d’you remember when we said we’d help everyone in the galaxy?” he furrows his eyebrows.
    “When we said nobody should ever get hurt.”
    “Yeah,” says Jaina. “’course I remember.”
    “I think,” Nik continues, looking alarmingly like their Mom when he’s speaking like this, all slow and calm, like there’s a storm brewing inside his head and he’s about to say something brilliant. “I think we should start with Dad, and I know just how to do it.”
    Solobrat shenanigans ensue.
    Intervention by mosymoseys
    The Skywalker-Solos stage an intervention on Han’s wardrobe. Humor verging on crack.​
    Badass Lady and Some Smirking by Idiotashisfriendly
    PROMPT: How about some Daddy Han (I see him as a sort of stay-at-home dad while Leia is off trying to liberate the galaxy)?​
    Dad Bail + Han/Leia:
    Identity
    A distress signal reaches Coruscant after the Empire's demise, claiming to be the beacon of Bail Organa. What would the reappearance of Leia's adoptive father mean for her life in a post ROTJ context? What would he think of Han Solo, and what could he tell her about the dark shadow of her heritage? H/L; AU.​

IamZam, Ginger, iluvkoalas and 2 others like this.
  3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Jedi Jessy, thanks for linking all of these dad Han fics! I've always enjoyed reading about Han interacting with his kids.:)

iluvkoalas, LoveThis and Jedi Jessy like this.
  4. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    @Jedi Jessy Thanks for putting together that wonderfully themed list of stories for father's day. What a great idea!

Jedi Jessy, iluvkoalas and LoveThis like this.
  5. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    I've read all of these before, but it's so good going back to old fic. Aw... thanks for sharing.

6. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I've been working my way through some of the above fics, but I have to confess I'm still unable to read any with Ben. It's heartbreaking knowing how it all turns out.=(( I'm not even sure how I'm going to manage the profic. :confused:[face_plain]

7. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I think we're kind of going through a dry spell. We desperately need some new H/L, H/C news to discuss.

One thing has been on my mind, lately. Whenever I happen into a toy department and pass by the SW related toys, I don't ever see any new Han figures. So, did Lucasfilm not come out with a TFA Han figure (who wants to buy a dead Han doll?) or are they so popular stores can't keep them in stock? Since I'm not into collecting and don't keep up with toy news I'm really curious about this. Anyway, to get to the point, I'm afraid that any new Han figures are going to be in the likeness of what's his face (can't remember his name). I may be willing to go see the Han Solo movie, but I'll never accept anyone else in that role and I certainly don't like the idea of another man's likeness being passed off as Han Solo.

LoveThis and IamZam like this.
  8. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Hallmark Card Company in the USA is coming out with TFA Han Solo and a ANH Princess Leia/ Darth Vader ornaments just in time for Christmas. I will post the link to the website to show you what it looks like. star wars hallmark 2016 - Google Search

IamZam and Sologal like this.
  9. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Sologal there are definitely TFA Han toys available, don't worry. I've seen them on sale several times. However, I haven't as yet seen a Leia TFA figure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sologal likes this.
  10. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    IamZam and Jedi Jessy like this.
  11. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015

The Disney store had one in a set of 5 along with Han, Rey, etc.

12. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Claire1976 and @iluvkoals, it's nice to know that Han hasn't been ignored in the new line of toys. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention.;)

Thanks for the blog piece, Ginger. It seems there was a lot more to that scene then I ever realized. Since I go to movies for the sole purpose of being entertained I've never really paid much attention to all the tricks of the trade.

Ginger, iluvkoalas and Jedi Jessy like this.
  13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Sologal and Ginger like this.
  14. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I would definitely buy that, I hope the PTB are listening (or reading). Those tend to the only AU that I read any more, I've lost interest in a lot of the other characters as far as my AU budget. I just skim (speed read) at my local B&N.

15. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  16. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Lego Han and Lego Leia's reunion is adorable. [face_love]

I'm with you. I like to get lost in the magic of the storytelling and not be too concern how it's created. It's still amazing how much detail goes into setting up a scene.

Jedi Jessy, IamZam and Sologal like this.
  17. IamZam

May 19, 2002
  18. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    I just inquired about buying the Kiss 1 and 2 fanzines. There are very few prints of Kiss 2 left, and none for Kiss 1. If Sue gets enough requests for Kiss 1 she'll have more printed. There's still copies of Kiss 3 available for purchase.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1006488966052426/

I'm also looking forward to reading Life Debt!

Sologal and IamZam like this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  20. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Tough choice, I can't just say all of them. I guess the Carbon Freeze Scene, It makes me teary every time, but yet also kind of happy since I know that it will have a happy ending eventually (at least until the brat grows up).

LoveThis and Sologal like this.
  21. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I love the scene where Leia tells Han "He's my brother". Then Han & Leia hug at "the party". Everyone was [face_party]but unfortunately I think it was the night the "Brat" was created.

LoveThis, Sologal and iluvkoalas like this.
  22. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Wow, tough choice and hard to choose just one, but maybe their first kiss in the circuitry bay. :confused: After all, that's were it all began. [face_love]

IamZam and Darth Basin like this.
  23. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Toss up between the carbonite scene and the "Don't get excited" bit in the cockpit :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sologal, IamZam and Jedi Jessy like this.
  24. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    According to Bloodlines she got pregnant during a sublight trip sometime after Endor. She is pregnant in Life Debt, so we should have a timeline for Baby Ben finally

There are so many scenes to pick from I guess my second favorite would be the first kiss scene, as well as the scene on Bespin where she admits she is scared because he is leaving. I can't say there isn't a scene I don't like.

Now if July 12 would just get here.

Sologal, LoveThis and Jedi Jessy like this.
  25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    After :luke: tells her there siblings & :vader: is her father. She haves that little argument with :han:, :leia: simply says "Hold me".

It's quite a moment. I love that[:D]at the end, the mist on Endor, the shadow & light. And of course Williams music!