main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Han and Leia appreciation fan club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IamZam, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I rather see Carrie Fisher's daughter play Leia in a prequel with brown hair. I know its unlikely to see this happen but, its a good idea after all.

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

But Pads genes where more dominant.
    Please no!

3. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    But it doesn't matter if the actress looks like Carrie Fisher. She just needs to play Leia convincingly. She also doesn't need to be petite, because movie magic will make us believe a 5'6" actress can look 5'1". Right? (LOL.)

Sologal likes this.
  4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    U know the guy who played Michael Jackson's dad in "The Jacksons" looked nothing like Joe Jackson.

5. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Lol, after casting a really short actor as lean and sexy Han, it would be hilarious if they cast a really tall actress as young Leia. Hey, maybe someone the same height as Gwendoline Christie. I mean, we wouldn't even notice!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iluvkoalas and Sologal like this.
  6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    You beat me to the punch Claire1976. I was going to say the same thing.

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

Claire1976 likes this.
  7. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

[​IMG]

8. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    That's just horrific!!! You can't unsee that.

9. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

The worst is that Justin Bieber is as Luke while Selena is Leia... And Justin/Selena dated... So [face_plain]

10. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    So whose face is on Han's body? At least the other two seem to be age appropriate, but there's something totally wrong about having such a young face on Han's more mature body.[face_plain]

11. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Zac Efron.

12. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    It is just an old meme

13. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds documentary Bright Lights joins New York Film Festival lineup

[​IMG]

14. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I read a really interesting analysis from a new fan who had never seen SW before TFA on how she absolutely hated Han and Leia, assumed they were abusive parents based on TFA because JJ basically writes them to be completely unsympathetic characters throughout. Then she watched the OT and got why people liked them. Do you think that this is the reason why a lot of new fans hate Han and Leia - because of how they were written in TFA? If that's the case, I do hope that the EU writes them in a way that presents them as a great characters they were in the OT instead of in an unsympathetic way. It can't be good for business to have a lot of fans hating the heroes of the OT that is going to focus on them presumably. Start with hiring fans of the OT who grew up and loved the characters instead of TFA fans?

Here's the analysis BTW, I think it's an interesting read of how a lot of TFA fans who never saw the OT feel about Han and Leia: http://millicentthecat.tumblr.com/post/142757076516/as-someone-who-empathises-with-kylo-a-lot-i-like

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  15. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Han and Leia are "unsympathetic"? To what? That their son is a psychopath? Aww, poor ickle Ben, it's not his fault he decided to become a mass murderer.

But seriously, why are they unsympathetic? I don't see this.How can this person say that they are portrayed as "abusers"? I see two people who are sad and broken by events in their past that we don't fully understand yet. Whatever happened with Ben has destroyed his parents, and they are clearly carrying around a lot of pain. Surely anyone can see that, even if they haven't seen the OT.

16. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

I guess this new fan is a 13 years old girl on Tumblr who ships you know what.

Jedi Jessy, LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  17. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    From what I've heard from the more moderate Kylo fans who are willing to listen and debate other people's opinions, they dislike Han and Leia because they were willing to blow up Starkiller Base with their son on it and Han planted the explosives which would have killed Kylo if he hadn't gotten off base in time. They also think Han saying "There was too much Vader in him" meant that Han was fearful of his son as a child and kept his distance because he thought he was too much like his grandfather.

I don't know, maybe we are also guilty of being biased because we grew up on the OT and see Han and Leia as heroes while JJ wants to present them as flawed people who made mistakes? If you take TFA just as itself without seeing the OT do you think JJ makes Han and Leia come off as unsympathetic?

MattOrgana likes this.
  18. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    #Jedifest Exchange ‘16!

Calling all Han/Leia fans! Sign-up to #Jedifest for a fun exchange!
    Open to all - participants can create: fanfic, fanart, gifsets, aesthetic moodboards/photosets, or playlists. They will be matched according to what they will/won’t create & what they want to receive. The minimum requirements are small. They will have 2 months to create something and the big reveal will take place in December.
    #Jedifest Exchange ‘16 Calendar:
    Sign-ups open: Sunday 28th of August
    Sign-ups close: 6pm GMT Saturday 17th September
    Assignments sent out: Saturday 24th September
    Drop out deadline: 6pm GMT Monday 5th of December
    Works due: 6pm GMT Wednesday 14th December
    Exchange reveal: 16th & 17th of December
    Interested? More info here!

Brought to you by the Jedifest Team!

iluvkoalas and unicorn like this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    MandrinaQ and Ginger like this.
  20. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  21. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
  22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

Yeah, Teaming Up is great too

LoveThis I'm reading Identity too (it's a fantastic AU!Bail Lives).

MandrinaQ and Ginger like this.
  23. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I know said blogger, and those assumptions are wrong on all counts. She actually ships Kylo with Hux. The endless villainisation of the shippers you refer to is quite old now - shipping Kylo with x and liking Han and Leia and thinking they were good parents aren't mutually exclusive.

24. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    It's not mutual exclusive but extremely common, well as wishing that Luke is a villain or a murderer. That way Kylo does not become too bad and redeemable.

25. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    In my experience, villainisation of Han and Leia was common early on, when we had limited resources to work with. This was especially the case because some of the actors' and director's comments could be interpreted as placing blame on Han and Leia for Ben's upbringing. Now that we have more information (particularly Bloodline), most of the people I interact with have stepped away from viewing Han and Leia as bad parents, and have adopted a more nuanced perspective. You do still find a few people who insist that Han and Leia were to blame, but they're very much in the minority.