main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Han and Leia appreciation fan club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IamZam, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Come on Jedi Jessy. Leia could of easily of said, "You're so busy being a scoundrel, you haven't learned how to be a man". And we will all be praising Leia.

I'll show you what's sexist.

"Hey (some guy at a party not caring the women he sees is wearing an engagement ring) baby doll! Bring that fine *** over here and poor me a drink!"

Now that's sexist.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  2. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Ehhh, I don't know. I'm glad that scene isn't in there. It makes Han look like a douche. And it does sound sexist in 2016. Perhaps in the 80s stuff like that would fly, but nowadays not so much! I prefer the movie without the deleted scenes, as Han's frustration with Leia's emotional withholding and her denial of her feelings for him are the main point of contention between them, but she's not doing it because she's some ice queen that needs to be "melted" by the right "man" (Ew! Gross!) Leia's story arc is powerful because she realizes on her own terms that she loves Han, not because he gives her some creepy expository lesson on how she's missing out on being a woman because she's not having sex with him! (Ew! Gross!) "I could have helped you." (Ew! Gross!) It makes Han's interest in Leia much more overtly sexual and presumptuous, rather than what we currently have with Han just being kind of hopelessly in love and almost hysterical because he knows she likes him but won't admit it!

3. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Sorry for the accident of triple posting.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  4. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Carrie Fisher Edmonton Expo 2016

5. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    I love her! She's so hilarious!

6. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  7. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    LoveThis likes this.
  8. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    iluvkoalas likes this.
  9. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  10. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Can I just say these two are definitely the best couple in SW.

12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah well compared to the horror that was "AniDalia" or the clearly "can't kiss in front of the kiddies HeraCan", H&L are the best by lightyears.

LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  13. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    What a pity they got shafted by Disney :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iluvkoalas, LoveThis and Darth Basin like this.
  14. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    LoveThis likes this.
  15. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    I went to the comic book store today and perused Force Awakens #5.

It did NOT have the last Han/Leia scene in it. Very disappointed.

16. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    What? No! And yet they had that cute little hand holding thing in the last issue. So how do they say goodbye before Han goes to Starkiller Base? There must be SOMETHING.

17. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    The goodbye was attached onto their 2nd scene at the base. Yes, there's a hand hold, but I was really looking forward to the last scene being in print. I didn't buy it.

18. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Interesting quote I never heard of before from Harrison Ford during the filming of ANH:

"I always knew I couldn't get the girl. Han knows if he gets the girl, it would just be a one night stand."

What do you make of it? Does he mean Han couldn't stick around and commit, or Leia wouldn't be interested in anything other than a one-night stand because she's a Princess?

iluvkoalas likes this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Well, in ANH they hardly knew each other. Maybe he was starting to be interested but not like in ESB, Han changes a lot after ANH (he is closer to Leia and becomes a big brother to Luke)

Darth Basin likes this.
  20. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Leia changed him. She's exactly what he wanted/needed. That's why he committed.

MattOrgana, Jedi Jessy and Claire1976 like this.
  21. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    So do you guys think if Leia had had a lapse in judgment and hooked up with Han right after ANH, would he have not been so intrigued by her? Was the fact that she played hard to get and refused to be impressed by him one of the reasons he was so attracted to her?

22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Yes.

23. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Yeah. I mean, he probably was used to girls chasing him (That's what we do when we're young & like a guy, at least I did in the past) because he was so handsome. The fact that Leia wasn't initially impressed with him was a turn on to him. Plus, he seems to like strong women, and Leia embodied that strength.

MattOrgana likes this.
  24. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah but WAS she impressed with him early on? Maybe she was and of course didn't want to admit it. I think she was fighting feelings for him for a long time.

Ginger, MattOrgana and iluvkoalas like this.
  25. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I think it's a developing more realistic of a relationship than "I just meet you 5 minutes ago but I love you". They began to be interested each other but didn't know what could happen (plus Han thought that he needed pay Jabba while Leia had her own problems because she suffered torture and lose her planet and family). Gradually they began to flirt and fall in love.

"Ziggy‏@mrjafri
    #ItsOnlyTrueLoveIf you already know...
    [​IMG]