main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I have that book, harraps, and it is a nice pic. I love the way that book describes Han as her 'lover' in the defrosting scene. [face_love]

2. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
    This book - it is completely unavailable by now according to amazon or other internet bookshops. I looked for it a long time and guess where I hunted it down a few weeks ago: In a small bookstore in Göteborg in Sweden - and it was the last one. Once in my life I was lucky :).
    Only ANH is still missing - but I don't think I get it without paying heaps of money.
    As this is the official script I'm very astonished that most of the kisses, especially in ROTJ, are not mentioned, only embracings ... ?[face_plain]

3. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    What?? :eek: *Leela grabs book off shelf and rapidly hunts through it for kissing references...*

EeGads! You're right! Quelle Horreur! Each time they kiss it's described as embracing! :mad: Yet accompanied by a 'kissing pic', which I guess is the most important factor since it is a photonovel, but...

And they left out the defrosting kiss completely! :_| Bad book! :mad:

But it does have lots of lovely photos. :)

I was very lucky to get all three books and find them invaluable as references for my fic writing or illustrating.

4. harraps

Aug 23, 2002
    Defrosting scene fan - huh ? Thought it, looking at the pic you chose ... ;)

5. harraps

Aug 23, 2002
    Good evening lonely thread !
    How are you ?

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, cool...this thread is still around!

About that book you are talking about...do they have one of all 3 movies or just ROTJ? And one last question...are all the pics in the book hand-drawn illustrations or photographs? I'm going to major in illustration and would love to check these out. :)

7. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey there HanSolo29! :)

There is one book for each of the OT films (Special Edition versions) and they are packed FULL of movie stills.

Not the ones you're used to seeing either! It's like they take the pics from either side of the still you're used to seeing.

And the text is the script.

Certainly worth having, and a SW illustrator's DREAM! [face_love]

8. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    All of Han and Leia's kissing scenes are good, but the defrosting scene just makes me melt (no pun intended). Han's blind and helpless and shaking while Leia tries to comfort him as best she can without revealing herself. Then she finally relents when he feels at her mask and asks, "Who are you?"

Leia takes off her helmet, says, "Someone who loves you," and he barely has time to say "Leia!" before she grabs his face and plants one on him.

*sigh*

9. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    I can't believe I found this thread so late!
    I gotta say, you guys are my kinda people.

10. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Hi reclessabandon, please join us.

I need to look for those books. I think harraps told me about them at the TOS, and I was going to hunt them down. But then I got busy with real life and forgot. Dang it.

My favorite kiss is the carbon freezing kiss. They're so desperate for that one last contact. So sad, yet so passionate.

11. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
    The carbon freezing kiss is my favorite too.
    I need to know,where did you find those books?

12. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I have two of those books. I have ANH and TESB, but I never found the one for ROTJ. They are really great books with lots of original sketches to go along with the complete scripts. Definitely a worthwhile find for any SW fan.

I can't decide whether my favorite kiss is the "scoundrel" kiss or the carbon freezing kiss. They're both so full of emotion. I think the carbon freezing one is the most heartwrenching.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...the more you talk about them, the more I seem to remember these books. Were they, by any chance, on sale in the Jawa Trader at one point? I remember seeing something similar in there. Also, I think I saw the ESB one in the bookstore a few years back.

EDIT: Bah, I hate spelling!

14. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    No, no, no. There are no original sketches in these books. They are photonovels only.
    Sologal, I think you might be thinking of the "Art of Star Wars" books. (also very good)

These ones came out after the Special Editions, so they're relatively recent. I chanced across a copy of the ROTJ one locally and got the other two through Amazon UK.

15. harraps

Aug 23, 2002
    It's interesting that they didn't chose the picture where the actors look best ... .
    Sometimes it's more like snapshots.

The kisses in ROTJ are not mentioned in the script (only embraces) - this leads to the question: did they do them on their own intention - or what ???

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alrighty then, they must have been the same books I saw if they were only released after the SE came out.

It is quite possible that they did do them on their own intention...but I'm not sure. But I do remember reading somewhere that Carrie did have feelings for Harrison.

17. DarthBratwurst

DarthBratwurst Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Princess Leia is so smokin, freak nasty hot in that slave dancers outfit! Solo gets all the breaks!

18. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    That reminds me...

How do you think Han reacted when he realized Leia had been forced to wear that bikini? He was blind when he and Luke were brought before Jabba in the throne room, so he didn't see her then, but presumably he found out at some time or other after they fled the barge.

Myself, I think he'd be majorly p.o.ed to think of Leia put on display for the scum of Tatooine like that.

19. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I don't think he would have liked the idea. It was probably a good thing he couldn't see her chained up in that outfit.

20. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Yeah, Leela, I realized later we were talking about two different sets of books. I never got a chance to look at the ones you're talking about. :(

Hmm . . . I think Han was probably extremely upset when he found out that Jabba put Leia on display in that outfit. Jabba should probably consider himself lucky he was already dead. Still, I'm sure Han enjoyed the view. ;) Considering his protective and jealous nature though, he wouldn't want to share that view with anybody else.

21. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm sure Han was really upset when he found out Jabba put Leia on display like that. Although, I agree with Sologal, he did enjoy the view. ;)

22. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
  23. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Leia in that Bikini, oh I used to love the Topps card of that scene ;)

24. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    no man could ressist
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/6998/plo9.jpg]

25. harraps

Aug 23, 2002
    Where is my icon ?! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.