main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjork_109

bjork_109 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    Puggy, Your site is very very well done! Nah...I don't think self-plugging is aginst the rules. And even if it is just pretend like nothing happened. ;)

Hmm...my favorite line? Oddly enough It'd have to be: "Why you scuffy looking...Nerf herder!" Which Han replies with: "Whose scuffy lookin'?"...while it's not exactly the most lovey line in the movies, it gives me a laugh and the satisfaction that while they pretend to loathe each other; it's all just a front. ;)

-Bjork.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have his autograph now!!!!

Really? How did you obtain that?

Just curious... [face_mischief]

3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Yeah, I'd like to know that too, Solojones. Just how did you get Harrison's autograph?

Nice site Puggy. I haven't had time to visit all the links yet, but from what I've seen so far it's rather impressive. :)

I guess my favorite line has already been mentioned, the 'we've haven't got time for anything else' line. And I just love the wicked look Han gives to Leia as he lifts her off his lap and her exasperated expression at having been baited by him. :)

4. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I think Leia punches the wall in anger after he's left. You can't see it, even in widescreen, but you can see her arm move and hear a "thump."

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Punching walls is a clear sign of sexual frustration.

Not that I'm blaming her.

6. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while.
    I was vacationing in Orlando.
    Hey Solojones, how did you get Harrison's autograph?!

7. Gilwen_O_Whiteleaf

Gilwen_O_Whiteleaf Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2002
    I dunno. It's this feeling you know. When you're so sure it's "those two"! You immediately know they'll be a great couple!

And my favorite scene is, unlike a lot of the others, places when they fight. I love the look on Han's face when Leia kisses Luke or when Han says "what a great smell you have discovered!" in NH. Or, or, or...wait... when Leia says her first dialouge in Han's precence and Han says,"he's the brain, sweetheart!"

8. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Here's some pics of our couple--we've probably all seen them, but I know I never get tired of looking at them:

Reunited, and it feels so good:

[image=http://www.neverbelievedinloveuntil.com/images/hanleia/photos/100.jpg]

I so want this cut scene to be put back in the ESB DVD (are you listening, George?):

[image=http://www.neverbelievedinloveuntil.com/images/hanleia/photos/105.jpg]

She just can't keep her hands off him!

[image=http://www.neverbelievedinloveuntil.com/images/hanleia/photos/109.jpg]

And he can't keep his hands off her either!

[image=http://www.publicidadvirtual.com/jose/grabs/Sw121.jpg]

At first I thought people were exaggerating when they talked about Han copping a feel. But I watched the scene in ROTJ; he definitely grabs her breast, and it looks like he pushes it back or something.

Naughty boy! 8-}

9. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Thanks for the pics, Shelley. Yeah, I definitely think Harrison's hand went a little wayward in that shot. I'm surprised that George allowed it to stay.

10. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I think it's hysterical that no one noticed it during editing and it made it into the finished film! It's even on the Magic Of SW CDrom! LMAO [face_laugh]

11. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Maybe they did notice it, but left it in because they thought it was funny.

Lucas can be fairly prudish about SW, but I think he got over some of his prudishness by ROTJ--Leia in the bikini, etc.

12. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Here's some nice fan art of the Falcon kiss:

Fan art

On the second row, second from the left.

13. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Oooh, that is good. Thanks for the link Shelley. I just might have to make that my new wallpaper. :)

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice! :)

I'm a big fan of fan art...keep it coming! :)
    I have some of my own I could share as well, if you wish...

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So yeah, I didn't get ot meet him... :( But my friend got me his autograph through some sources... it's very cool, it's from a Last Crusade pic :)

Does anyone here even remember who I am?

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, I remember you, solojones! :)

And that's cool about the autograph...too bad you didn't get to meet him though.

17. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Hehe... I wish I met Harrison Ford. But get this, no lie... My grandpa has met Harrison Ford. More than once.

I was in the car with my mom, uncle, and best friend... For some reason, I was rambling on Harrison Ford. All the sudden, my mom goes, "Did I ever tell you Grandpa Bob met Harrison Ford?" I started spazzing out, screaming "YOU ARE SO KIDDING ME!!" My best friend and uncle were cracking up at me... But I was like "How how how?" And my mom said that they met in Montana at an airport, you know, one of the little ones where private planes flew into! You see, my grandfather has a little airplane of his own, and Harrison Ford loves to fly, too! My grandpa told my mom he's really nice, and interesting to talk to. Apparently they've had more than one conversation.

Too bad this all happened BEFORE I started my Harrison obessesion. I just know that next time I see my grandpa, he is SO flying me to Montana, LMAO!

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm sure some of you have read about this before, and instead of starting an entirely new post, I thought it would be best to just do this here, on a Han/Leia fan thread. After all, this post primarily deals with Han and Leia's relationship, and who better to talk to this about than with Han/Leia fans? Heehee... Anywho, here goes; it's REALLY long, and I apologize... But I really have a lot to say sometimes, lol.

Harrison Ford never signed the contract Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher signed--One which entailed them to make all three Star Wars movies. It was unknown as to whether or not Ford would come back after A New Hope--Perhaps a reason for the simple, happyish ending? The ending of ANH, in my opinion, gives no real guarantee of the return of the character Han Solo.

I read that it was also indefinite as to whether or not Ford would make the final movie, Return of the Jedi, that he even threatened not to star in the 1983 film, and those threats are the reason Han Solo was placed into carbonite at the almost-end of TESB. If Ford refused to film ROTJ, Lucas had an explanation for the disappearance of the sexy scoundrel, and even, dare I say it, already had a ?replacement?: Lando Calrissian. Here we have a person with a past similar to Han?s, who has also gone pretty respectable. Lando is familiar with both Chewbacca and the Millennium Falcon, and is one of those guys you would never really expect to be much of a hero. Plus, both Han and Lando were sweet on the Princess (though I believe Lando was not really looking for a *relationship*, like Han was. Lando seemed to be looking more into, you know...). But, wait, Luke somewhat had a thing for Leia, at least once upon a time, right?

Luke! This is where he gets thrown in. First of all, I have nothing against Luke. I do not think what I have to say will imply I dislike the kid, but just to clarify, Luke has never bothered me (I just always have preferred Han). Anyway. Let us say Han Solo is forever encased in carbonite. There is no way he will ever come back. Maybe the Slave I crashed and burned, so now Han Solo?s nothing but a name, a memory. Pretty depressing, is it not? I read (lol I read a lot, every other sentence is "I read this, I read that...") that if in fact, the end of Solo was to be the carbonization incident, Princess Leia would end up falling in love with Luke Skywalker (which, in a way, would coincide with many stories--the main hero, ultimate good-guy basically always gets the girl. In this instance, he does not--Though he eventually marries the woman, who, for the sanity of some people around here, shall not be named.), and therefore, they would not be siblings. The Bespin telepathic connection would have just been a result of Luke?s strong Force powers, he being able to get into her mind type of thing; the ?there is another? issue would be cleared up, as well, somehow.

What I guess I am trying to get at is, how morally wrong would it have been had Leia ended up with Luke? Maybe ?morally wrong? is the incorrect word choice, but perhaps you understand where I am headed. After all Leia and Han go through--the initial tension, the sexual tension, the admittance of feelings, the slight awkwardness (ie: how Leia ran out after Han kissed her), the "I love you," "I know," Leia?s loss of her love--I cannot imagine Leia completely getting over Han and ?falling in love? with Luke. Personally, I do not think that would have been appropriate, whatsoever, not to mention entirely out of character. Leia does not seem like one to take love lightly; I have always believed (despite some fanfic I have read *and* written) that Han Solo was her first, TRUE love. If you ask me, I do not see how Leia could be completely in love with Han one minute, and once he dies, simply turn around and thrust herself into Luke?s arms.

Unless:
    (1) Maybe, in the instance that she ended up with Luke romantically, it would mean that (forgive me for saying this!) perhaps she never really loved Han; maybe it was lust or something? And when s

19. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    I agree with the second one Puggy.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very interesting, Puggy. The scary thing is, it could have happened...I mean by the time Han was encased in carbonite, Luke already had 3 kisses toward Leia. And then he adds one more to the count right after he's rescued. I'm pretty sure Leia didn't really have any true feelings when she did this...but it's obvious Luke sure did. So I guess Lucas could have easily written in a Leia/Luke relationship if Han wouldn't have returned.

*shutters just thinking about it* :p

21. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Here's a pic of the Falcon kiss that I've never seen before:

[image=http://www.solocommand.com/images/hanleia/han-leia-falcon-kiss.jpg]

I've seen a lot that look like it, but not this exact one.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the pic, Shelley!

And you're right. I've never seen that one before either. Their hands are in a different position and their lips aren't quite touching. ;)

23. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Hi Puggy! :)

Good discussion topic. I've also heard the rumor about Harrison not signing a contract, so he was put in carbonite in case he didn't come back. I actually heard he *didn't* want to come back at all, after he had made his success with Raiders. He thought doing Han Solo again would be like taking a step backwards, but he felt it was his duty out of an obligation to Lucas who had made his career, which may explain why he looks like he's sort of sleepwalking through the movie.

Leia and Luke? Definitely not by Jedi. If Han had died in carbonite, that would have only been about six months or so afterwards..It would have been very, very out of character for Leia to go, "Oh Han is dead..But Luke looks FINE!" you know? She's the type who when she loves, she does it passionately, like everything else in her life. Maybe if Jedi was like 5 - 10 years afterwards, I could buy it. However, I don't think it would have lasted, because Leia needs someone who can stand up to her like Han could. Luke would back down at every argument. He held her on a pedestal. Han treated her like a woman, not a princess, while Luke fell in love with the princess.

So, while I do see Leia maybe finding someone else several years after losing Han, I don't think it would be the same. Not the all-consuming sort of love she had for Han at any rate. Maybe someone she learned to deeply care for, and wanted to settle down with because she knows she can't pine away forever for Han, but I don't see her finding another love of her life.

With Han, though, I think if he lost Leia he wouldn't try to find anyone else..He's already a hardened cynic when he falls for her, I think losing her would crush the last bit of idealism of life in him left...

Puggy, have you visited the other H/L threads? I'm sure lots of people would be glad to discuss this in those threads too :)

Han and Leia's Clubhouse

Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

A protest thread for Han and Leia's romance in the EU (very long!)

24. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
    Very nice !
    And look how she's smiling !!!

25. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.