main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
    3 days !!!

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    This could use another up! :)

3. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Happy 46th birthday, Carrie!

4. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    To keep this thread going, a tidbit from Harrison:

"Han is full-blooded. More than any of the characters he's identifiable. You can see him on the streets of cities, an urban cowboy looking for love and a meaning to things. He's wise way in the ways of men but a sucker for a sacrificial end."

This quote comes from the book Once Upon A Galaxy: A Journal of The Making of The Empire Strikes Back by Alan Arnold.

I hope it's enlightening. :D

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Happy Birthday Carrie!!!!

does anyone know who was born first. Luke or Leia??

My bet is Leia. She has all the traits of a first born child. She is a leader and such.
    Luke has all the traits of youngest. A little spoiled, whines when he doesn't get the way, loves being center of attention.

(no offense to youngest born. I'm the youngest in my family. :D )

6. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Well, it's implied in the ROTJ novelization that Leia might be the oldest. I can't remember the exact reference, but I have the novelization on my bookshelf, and if I can find it, I'll type it out. :D

7. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Happy birthday Carrie! :)

I have no idea who was born first; although Leia does sound like a fairly good guess. Hopefully we shall find out in Episode III...Only around 3 years to go until that rolls around. :(

By the way, I haven't been posting on this thread much; although I have been lurking...but I changed my name from Bjork_109 to just Bjork...so a little heads up... ;)

-Bjork.

8. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I went to a band competition Saturday (too bad I have no musical talent--I'm colorguard, LOL!) at JMU, a university about two hours from where I live. After all the high schools performed, we got to watch JMU band and colorguard perform. THEIR THEME WAS STAR WARS! The sad part was, I recognized all the songs and could place them all in their places of the movie, lol. They played the main theme song, the Imperial March, the Cantina Song (don't know the proper title, but it's where Luke/Obi-Wan meet Han Solo), Princess Leia's Theme (such a purty song), and the Closing Credits. As soon as the band began playing the Main Theme, half the colorguard goes, "It's STAR WARS! Hayden Christiansen is hott!!" LMAO. I kind of wished they would have played Han Solo and the Princess (THE best SW song, IMHO) or the carbonization song (don't remember the title), which sounds similar to Han Solo and the Princess. Anyway! Here's a Han/Leia survey for you all.

The Questions:
    (1) When do you think Leia first was physically attracted to Han Solo?
    (2) Vice versa?
    (3) When do you think Leia first was emotionally attracted to/falling in lobe with Han Solo?
    (4) Vice versa?
    (5) When do you think Leia first *realized* and *accepted* (there's a difference between falling in love and realizing and accepting she's in love, if you ask me *shrug*) she was in LOVE with Han Solo?
    (6) And--you guessed it!--vice versa?

My Answers:
    (1) ANH--When she said, "He sure has courage." Just look at gleam in her eye and the smile on her face when she watched Han and Chewie 'trudge into battle' against the stormtroopers!
    (2) ANH--The garbage masher, if not the intial meeting. The whole way he *ahem* gropes her and tells her to "Get on top of it," is what makes me think Han's into her.
    (3) ANH--"Your friend is quite a mercenary. I wonder if he cares about anything--Or anyone!" She's completely frustrated with the way he talked to her, about how he was only interested in money. She seemed disappointed that the man she wanted to get to know better turned out the way he did. I think after that, Han was one thing always on Leia's mind. The line, "I knew there was more to you than money!" makes me believe she had a 'thing' for him before the destruction of the Death Star.
    (4) ANH-ESB--I think something happened in between these movies that made han realize she was something special, something to hold onto and pursue. She was probably the first woman he ever met that didn't leap into his arms and didn't worship him as some god.
    (5) ESB--"And then you're as good as gone, aren't you?" I just adore that scene, lol. I always thought that was the scene were Leia truly realized she didn't want to lose Han. Before, of course ("kiss a Wookiee") she knew losing Han would be hard, but I think it was at this moment, when he brought up leaving after they hadn't talked about in such a long time AND developed their romance, that it was when Leia truly felt hurt that Han might leave her. Just the *thought* of him leaving was enough to break her heart, y'know? And then of course, moments later, she expresses her true feelings...
    (6) ESB--Even though it's my question, I can't really answer it. I believe it was probably about the same time I thought it hit Leia that she was in love... He seems so upset when she comments on how he's going to leave, the way he drops his eyes and refuses to give a verbal response. He knows he's hurt her, and it in turn hurts him. I think that's true love, when you can't *stand* the fact that you've hurt somebody, but really, you didn't mean to, and there's nothing you can do. *shrug* JMO.

9. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    My bet is Leia. She has all the traits of a first born child. She is a leader and such.

Luke has all the traits of youngest. A little spoiled, whines when he doesn't get the way, loves being center of attention.

I don't think Luke is spoiled. He grew up poor on Tatooine, raised by a moisture farmer who expected him to do his chores and pull his weight. I don't think Owen and Beru spoiled him.

He whined once in ANH, once in ESB, not at all in ROTJ. And I don't see how he loves being the center of attention. He seems fairly self-effacing, actually.

In the ROTJ novelization, when Luke finds out Leia's his sister, it says something like: "The love he'd always felt for Leia, even from afar, now had a clear basis. He felt protective toward her, like an older brother, although for all he knew she could be his elder by several minutes."

Guess we'll have to wait until Episode III to find out for sure.

10. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    (1) When do you think Leia first was physically attracted to Han Solo?

When she smiled and said, "He certainly has courage," after he went running off after the stormtroopers, yelling like a lunatic.

(2) Vice versa?

In the garbage compacter. He can't keep his hands off her.

(3) When do you think Leia first was emotionally attracted to/falling in lobe with Han Solo?

Sometime between ANH and ESB.

(4) Vice versa?

Ditto.

(5) When do you think Leia first *realized* and *accepted* (there's a difference between falling in love and realizing and accepting she's in love, if you ask me *shrug*) she was in LOVE with Han Solo?

After their first kiss in ESB.

(6) And--you guessed it!--vice versa?

Before ESB. Their argument in the hallway shows me that he'd begun pursuing her quite some time ago, but she was resistant. He realized and accepted he was falling in love with her, or had fallen in love with her, wanted her to admit the same about him, and was extremely frustrated with her denial.

11. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Thank you Shelley, for posting that passage from the ROTJ novelization! That was what I was looking for! :D

I know that it's not dead-on, but I do take it to mean that Leia is the elder of the two. It's likely to be the only statement we'll ever get about the matter.

12. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    No problem. :)

I don't know...I think Luke is probably older. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a nice H/L kissing pic (can never have too many H/L kissing pics):

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/movies/loversdestiny/images/hanleia_kiss.jpg]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, this is kinda off topic, but I have to respond to Puggy's post about band. :p

Puggy: That's cool that you're in the band. So am I! :D That's awesome that you got to see a band with a Star Wars theme. Out of all my 4 years in marching band...we never did anything Star Wars. (well...there is this one part in our show this year that sounds exactly like the Rebel Fanfare) *sigh* Oh well...maybe I'll have one last chance in concert band. (my band director always picks a John Williams song every year...so I can only hope! :D )

14. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    I wish that Han and Leia had more scenes alone together after his rescue in ROTJ. In the radio drama verison they have this scene where Han is trying to say thank you. It a very touching scene.

15. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    NO WAY! That's so not fair. Is there anyway I could somehow get my hands on a radio drama? Grr... I would love to know how that scene went! Is there anything like it in the novelization? As soon as I finish The New Rebellion I plan to pick up the three novelizations in one book.. I've seen it before, and now I really want it...

16. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey Puggy, is The New Rebellion good? I was planning to read it.
    Great, now I have to find those raido dramas after what darkladyhannasolo said.
    Does anyone know where to get them?

17. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I've seen them in bookstores. You may have to special order them though.

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    recklessabandon: I'm actually REALLY enjoying The New Rebellion. Each group of people (you know how they're always separated into little groups) seem to have their own individual plot that has nothing to do with anything, but as I get more into the novel, it's all tying together really nicely; I'm excited to see how it ends. I think the best part is Han and Chewie's adventure... Han went back to Smuggler's Run, and he's got some hysterical scenes with his smuggling pals! There are some cute references to Courtship, even though I hated that book... LOL.

I also like the way the author writes Lando... It's been about 13 years, yet he still struggles with his guilt about the carbonization incident...

Han and Leia are together only for the beginning, but they have some really adorable, sweet moments... Here's my favorite dialogue:

"Don't you just wish that, just once, we could live calmly and comfortably like normal people?" Her voice was soft, almost a whisper.
    "No," he said. He stepped back just far enough so that he could see her face. "Because if we had been normal people, we would never have met. Your Highnessness."
    She laughed, and he kissed her. Deeply. Passionately.
    As if he would never be able to kiss her again.

AWW! So yeah, I'd say The New Rebellion is *definitely* worth a read! :D

19. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I liked TNR. I think Kristine Kathryn Rusch should be brought back to write some more EU books. She writes H/L well, and the rest of the characters well too.

20. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    Right now I'm rereading the New Rebellion!!! I love that book. I love the character Blue. My favorite part is after Han's butt get shot and she tries to feel it. I don't blame her one bit. :)

On the Radio Dramas try locate bookstores or possible Amazon they probably have it. You must also get ESB. It has a great scene of Luke and Han in the shelter. Mark, Anthony and Billy do their characters voice. The people who play Han/Leia do a great job. The chemistry between them is awesome. A must have for any Star Wars fan!!!!!

21. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    LOL I know, I LOVE Blue, she's soo funny--And I'm right with you and her! "Han, are you SURE you don't need me to rub on the cream? You're positive? 'Cause, you know, I wouldn't mind..."

One of my favorite lines with Blue (it's something like this):
    Blue: "Still make candlelit dinners for the wife?"
    Han: "It has its rewards, Blue."

I could just PICTURE Han saying that with his suggestive smirk.. Eeeheee...

LOL... Then when--I think--Nadresseon (sp, sorry) calls Han Leia's concubine.. I was in the car with my mom, and I was *this* close to going "Mom, what's a concubine?" but I re-read the line and figured it out by context. Good thing, too, since when I got home and looked it up I found out what the dictionary said, heh.

I also like the way KKR wrote Han and Leia. They still think of each other--Leia at least knows Han exists, which is a huge improvement from the last EU book I read, COPL. I love the way she wrote Lando... And Luke's in character, as well.

*Still wants radio drama of ROTJ* Does anyone have the dialogue? I really want to know what they say! LOL.

22. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
  23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    It's been a while since I read TNR. Is that the one where there's a reference to Han making love to Leia on a white rug or is that in another book? Curse my poor memory recall.

Speaking of the white rug reference, though, if anybody wants to read a great fic based on that, check out DantSolo's fic, "Too Soon, The Morning" availabe on her web site Tranquility Amongst the Stars. She also has some other great stories there as well.

Tranquility Amongst the Stars

EDIT: I removed the story link after I realized the fic I mentioned was rated R, so I thought maybe it's not such a good idea to provide the link here. If you're over 17 you can still access it through Dant's website though.

24. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Coming out of lurkdom to say that the white rug reference was in Planet of Twilight. :)

25. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey boushh, I wondered where you were. :) Thanks for setting me straight on that. I don't know how I could forget something as important as that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.