Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's believable either way, that they waited a bit or that they married right away. I don't see them shackin' up--it's just too...middle-class :p.
  2. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    I think George Lucas didn't really like the Han/Leia relationship - look at the first script for ESB. TONS of love scenes between Han and Leia. Almost all of them were cut out by Lucas until only a few brief ones remained.

Besides, who cares what Lucas thought? I mean, he's not going to show a lot of things, doesn't mean they don't happen.

I don't know, I can see them living together. Han's not the most moral guy, and I can see him having a "bad influence" on Leia.

Great fic which describes their post-ROTJ relationship:
    http://www.crosswinds.net/~dge/dg2e/shadows.html

They're living together in this fic and very hot for each other. Mmmm.
  3. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can see them getting married soon after ROTJ if you go by the fairytale aspect of the movies...if you go by the real life aspect of it, I see them waiting. I guess it depends on which way you look at it, and all a matter of oppinion. :)
  4. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I guess I just like the fairytale aspect of it.

I mean it is a fairytale according to GL the inventor of the whole thing! Right? ;-)

So I don't know. Just like I said when Ep II and III are done, we will have a clearer picture on love and marriage in the GFFA.

It just seems so mundane of them to say "I love you. Let's date."

I just think that in stories like SW "I love you." in a romantic sense, is NOT a casual thing to say like it is in real life. It is not just thrown around so easily.

Seriously, what was your gut instinct when you saw ROTJ? Age regardless.

Anyways enough of this for now. On to the next thing...

Where were we?
  5. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember asking my mom if they got married, and she said yes because the sequels were about their kids, as Lucas said.

We can discuss more when we're finished with the movies and done ROTJ....then we'll be going in chronological order.

We were at the wink...Han's first flirty sign with Leia. Leia smiles shyly back.
    Oh, did anyone notice that Han "peeks" at Leia while she's putting the medal over him?
  6. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    No I didn't know that!!

O.k. Let's skip ahead to what happened on Ord Mandell. I mean basically nothing happened between ANH and then, except that their relationship began to build. I imagine that he helped her with her grief over Alderran. They probably traveled around trying to find new bases. Eventually ending up on Hoth.

Now when they went to Ord Mandell(Mantell??)what happened? First of all why were they there to begin with? What type of mission. Was Luke with them? I have seem some fanfics
    that say he was and that is when he and Han got some kind of "Healing" bond. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Han was shot.
    But then that doesn't really go with the "That's two you owe me junior."

Let's say Luke wasn't there.

Let's make up a story, like a pass around type thing. Somebody else start it, because I am lousy at starting stories.
  7. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey jelwlmc you're going too fast!! At this rate we'll be done this scenes in a week!

There's LOTS we can cover between ANH and Hoth. Let's start going in chronological order - what do you think happened right after the medal ceremony?
  8. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    Probably they had a party.

The booze was flowing..

Hmmmmm

I had an idea for a scene between them here. They both leave the celebration to go for a walk by themselves. They meet up accidentally, and they talk. They find out each other's name. I will post the whole thing sometime tommorow or the next day.

I'll just give a little bit of the dialouge now.

"Hey, I never got your name." Han asked

"You're the Princess of .." He paused almost afraid to say the name of her destroyed planet. ".. Alderran.. but what is your name." He grinned at her. " What do your friends call you. Not that I expect you to think of me as a friend but-

"Leia." She said simply, trying not to be affected by his georgeous smile.

"Leia.. that's a very beautiful name." He was embarrased it wasn't often he said things like that honestly, and did not quite know how to act now. "uh... want to know mine?"

*WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??* He chided himself. *Of all the stupid things to say !*

Leia almost laughed but checked herself in time. This "mercenary" was not exactly what he seemed to be. She wondered just how wrong her original assesment of him had been.

"Sure, I am kind of curious. Maybe I have heard of you."

"Han Solo."

"Han.." That name seemed strange for him. To ... soft, she decided. But then looking at that boyish face.. she didn't know what to think. Then all of a sudden recognition struck her.

"Did you say Han SOLO??"

"Yeah"

"I have heard of you." Indeed stories of the pirate had reached her before. She heard he was brave, arrogant, Cocky (all proven true) but also that he was extremely selfish. While it seemed that way a few hours ago. He had proven that to be false.

"I am famous huh."

"More like infamous."

**********************************************************************************************

I will post the rest later. What do you think?

9. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    It's good jewlmc!
    Han/Leia fic is always welcome here.

BTW - I sent my Han/Leia fic to 3 people in parts, did I miss anyone who wants it? Or did anyone get one part but not the rest?

I have two fics - one of an extended reconciliation scene in Balance Point (mostly mush fic), and another of Leia's temptation in Jedi Eclipse (angst fic)
  10. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jewlmc: That fic was good. Can't wait to read the rest. :)

ariel: I got one part of the fic you sent...there was more you said?
  11. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah there's two more parts. And I have the first part of another fic I'm writing. PM me if you want them =)
  12. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah..keep it going!

But...not to nitpick here. Don't want to be annoying but Leia would have know Han's name by then. Atleast his first name. Remember in ANH when Han is loading up the falcon to leave and then Luke comes over and asks him to stay and fight. He refuses and then Luke walks off sulking. Then Luke runs into the Princess and she's like "What's wrong?" And Luke goes "Oh, it's Han..." Sooo.....but besides that it's a fun start! I definitely like them having a quiet moment during the Yavin celebration.

And to answer that healing bond thing. I like carolyn G's stories a lot, but I don't see that actually happening in the real SW timeline. It's an interesting idea, I agree. But you're right, the movies kinda contradict it.
  13. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah! I forgot Luke said that.

Well maybe she forgot. Or it didn't really register. I mean sometimes it takes more than one mention for a name to sink in.
  14. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I found the pics:
    Here's Han's wink:
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dunes/3131/anh/han62.jpg

Here's Leia's reaction:
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/1860/anh/leia54.jpg

Major flirting I think!
    What do you guys think it means?

As for after the medal ceremony, what I see happening is that Leia would break down after holding the grief from Alderaan this whole time. I would think Han (maybe Luke but I prefer Han =) would be there to hold her while she cried, and when he found out what happened to her in the Death Star he would become incredibly protective of her.
  15. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh hey we forgot one REALLY important scene!
    Leia ran inbetween Han and Luke and hugged them after the Death Star blew up. Then Luke suddenly got all worried about R2 and went away to look for him. What do you think Han and Leia were doing during that time (it isn't shown on film).
    Discuss!
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, I have to say that that scene is interesting.... very interesting...

BTW, we were talking about what happened between ANH and ESB and I have a fanfic coming out soon discussing an event during that time... If oyu guys like it, there will be more

17. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    ariel: In that reunion scene in ANH, while Luke is checking on R2, if you have the LBX version, you can see Han and Leia kind of like walking away without Luke. He joins in but they were getting pretty far away from him... Wonder where Han was gonna take her? ;)
  18. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm interesting! I'll have to watch the movies again once I get home for Christmas.

So does he have his arms still around her? I imagine it would be pretty awkward - she rushes between Luke and Han and hugs them in a "group hug", then Luke leaves, and she's left alone with Han, the man who's riled her since she met him who's got her arms around her. ;)
  19. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh check out this page!
    http://fan.starwars.com/Fuschia/Romance.html

What a beautiful way to sum up Han and Leia's love.

BTW, anyone here know how to make a website? I really want to make one but have no clue how.
  20. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    That is a great site Ariel!!!
  21. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Jewlmc you want to help me make a website? It can be ALL Han and Leia NO EU CRAP kinda thing...it'll be fun!

I know nothing about webpages so I need someone to help me badly...

Oh you want the third part of my fanfic?

Isn't urn on the Soul of the Jedi kinda hypersensitive? I mean how did I OFFEND her or whatever by saying I would pick Han Solo over Luke? How is that offensive?! And she got so mad at me and all.

Ah well. Oh this is just supposed to be for jewlmc...but if anyone else wants to help with the website PLEASE TELL ME! The more help the better.
  22. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    I would LOVE to help.

Unfortunately I know very little... in fact that is a lie. I know nothing about making websites. :)

But Jedi Bratzilla who made SOTJ is good at it.

Ask her, and I would love to help with what I can.

23. Ken_Benobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ariel + Jewlmc
    You don't know me i don't think - i have posted on a couple of the same threads - any pointers u need let me know re: websites - i work in this area.
    ;-)
  24. ariel Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Ken Benobi!

Yeah we definetly need pointers - since both of us know nothing about websites. So any info you have would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
  25. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    That was a great site! I loved all the pics. See looking at those photos is just a reminder of just HOW MUCH hotter Han is compared to Luke. Come on, there's no contest!

Hey solojones--lemme know when you finish that fic you are working on. Ariel can tell you, I love reading people's stories!

Ariel-that web site sounds fun. I would love to lend a hand, but unfortuntaely I am sooo computer illiterate that it's not even funny. So I guess if you ever get it launched I'll just be a freuqent guest. :)

Okay, so where were we in the discussion? When Han and Leia walked off and Luke went to check on R2? Hmmm..that *is* a good question..where DID they go? I mean was there an instant victory party? Did they have to report to headquarters and give a birefing or something? Maybe they just went off and had some drinks to celebrate.

Gee, now you know why I *READ* stories and don't WRITE them. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.