main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    And apparently Norra Wexley from Aftermath was going by her maiden name, Susser, when she was in the Rebellion.

*raises hand as someone who didn't change her name when she got married*

2. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I would never change my name when I get married, too much work spent building up my degrees and career under my family name (though I don't think taking the name of your spouse means giving up your identity). Apparently some fans though when Han said "I used to be" when Rey asked "You're Han Solo?" meant he changed his name to Han Organa :p

I wish we could know whether Ben was Ben Organa Solo or Ben Solo though.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  3. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Damn, this link makes me sad now...I wish we could have seen Han and Leia as a happily married kick ass team together aka The Incredibles instead of the broken pair we got:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5791925/10-most-awesome-married-couples-in-science-fiction-and-fantasy

1) Leia Organa and Han Solo

In the Star Wars movies, they're a couple made immortal by the lines "I love you" and "I know." But in the Expanded Universe, they're an awesome married couple. He's a general who runs off saving the galaxy, she's a Jedi knight and a powerful New Republic diplomat. Their actual path to marriage is detailed in The Courtship
    of Princess Leia," a grade-A cracktastic book featuring Han abducting Leia, Force-wielding witches riding rancors, and an arranged marriage between Leia and a wealthy prince. Despite all of those obstacles, the two do manage to get married at the end of the book, a marriage which stands throughout the rest of the EU. But the true test of how awesome their marriage is comes not from how many times they have prevented death and destruction (and it's a lot), but the fact that their relationship manages to survive the death of one son and the turning of another to the Dark Side.

:_|

leiamoody and Sologal like this.
  4. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Mariana Bregieiro@maribfcosta 10 de mai
    @pablohidalgo is Rinnrivin trying to suggest that Han is still smuggling? Is he up to something?
    [​IMG]

Mariana Bregieiro ‏@maribfcosta 1 h
    @pablohidalgo answer this one, Pablo. Or should I go to @claudiagray?

Claudia Gray ‏@claudiagray 33 min
    @maribfcosta @pablohidalgo afaik, Rinnrivin is talking only about Han's past. Don't know what other Intel is out there!

Lia Organa-Solo ‏@Sorriso_gotik 31 min
    @claudiagray @maribfcosta @pablohidalgo "after a profound tragedy, Solo returned to his old life as a smuggler" probably after the massacre

GOOD [face_dancing]

5. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Thank God. Not that that will stop the Han/Leia haters from coming up with various reasons to justify Kylo's hatred of Han "He was smuggling all along and lying to Leia", "He had an illegitimate child with Jyn", "He had a long-term affair with Sana Solo while married to Leia", "He was a drug addict"....:rolleyes:

6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

"He was a drug addict" [face_rofl]

7. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001

LOL, the amount of speculative fan fiction I see masquerading as fact in this forum boggles my mind. Like one poster was saying after reading Bloodline it becomes clear why Ben felt abandoned by Han and Leia, because Bloodline establishes that Leia refused to mentor Ben in politics because he was Force sensitive and she wanted him to hide his Force powers, and Han refused to teach Ben how to pilot because he was Force sensitive so it would be considered cheating. I mean, whaaaa--? Huh? Did a different copy of Bloodline get released that other people are reading?

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Looks like it's "Ben Solo," if the Little Golden Book adaptation of TFA can be trusted enough.
    [​IMG]

Sologal, unicorn, iluvkoalas and 2 others like this.
  9. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Ben Solo is fine by me!

iluvkoalas likes this.
  10. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Yeah, I agree, Ben Solo is okay with me.

Not that I had any doubts, but it's nice to see it officially confirmed.

Jedi Jessy and iluvkoalas like this.
  11. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
  12. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    It looks really good, doesn't it? The artwork is some of the best of the Marvel series so far. Great likenesses. Nice to see the younger Han still looks like Harrison... And not some imposter!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
    LOL Claire1976 I was totally going to say the same thing!!!!!

What can I say? I like my luggage vintage... and sexy. [face_love]

14. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Han and Leia arguing in the ANH-ESB era is always gold to me!

15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Right. You can't beat it :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LoveThis and iluvkoalas like this.
  16. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    The Han Solo art work looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to this comic series.

LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  17. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Okay, speaking of people who clearly read a different book than me, WHAT. I just a review of Bloodline that it showed Leia as a deeply unbalanced woman who was jealous of the younger generation's good looks and showed Casterfo the video of her strangling Jabba because she wanted to brag about how pretty she was back then...Whaaa? I'm sure Claudia Gray (a woman in her 40s who said Princess Leia is her role model) would like a few words....

18. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I don't know where people come up with these crazy ideas. I read in another thread where Bloodline highly suggests that Leia is going dark. Go figure. Seriously, at this point nothing surprises me.

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

19. LoveThis

Apr 18, 2016
    LOL unicorn! Some people just like hitting the crack pipe a little too hard. Anyone who finished Bloodline and though that had to have been smoking too much of something at the time.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Did Leia even once mention being "jealous" of anything, let alone physical appearance? Because if so, I must have misses that. She did seem not ashamed to admit that she found Casterfo to be an attractive guy physically. But that's totally believable and understandable imo.

21. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Actually, I really appreciated that Claudia Gray never reduced Leia to some cliche of "I wish I still looked like that" when viewing herself strangling Jabba which a lesser author would have. Leia would never be vain or give a crap about that. It's like the first reference to Leia I've seen when she's in the slave outfit I've seen where her sex appeal is never mentioned.

22. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's more used to a. again highlight what a vile disgusting scumbag Jabba was, and b. show how bas*** Leia was for killing him. Heck even the ruthless crime boss respects her for that one.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, I'm not seeing where that particular now infamous interpretation comes from.

Changing tack and just in case....

The shot that Leia does at that point is described as nearly impossible, one in a thousand chance. So, is Leia really that good a sharpshooter or does she have an unconscous tap on her Force ability?

Nor are the two necessarily mutually exclusive - with the Force just upping the odds in Leia's favour, she still has to aim and fire under massive pressure.

I liked the subtlety of that sequence.

General_Leia_Organa likes this.
  24. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Perhaps, but then again Han pulled off the "shooting a Stormtrooper without even looking at him" thing in the movie, and Poe is an amazing pilot and can practically sharpshoot with an X-Wing, even when it's flying a near full-speed. So I don't know that it's 100% about FS, Leia just might be that freaking good.

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    After all, she was taught by none other than Giles "the Weapon Master" Durane. :D (Or, as he is known in canon, "Leia's instructor." -_- )

Iron_lord and LoveThis like this.