main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    So apparently Carrie said at some thing she was at yesterday that "Han Solo is as good as he looks in bed".

So everything Carrie says is absolute canon, right? ;)

:D

2. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Well, we know she keeps referring to Han when she actually means Harrison and vice-versa.... :D

I have to agree though, Han/Harrison looks superb at it... *hides in shame*

3. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh crap, I meant to post that comment above in the Han and Leia appreciation thread. I got carried away and didn't realise I was in the EU thread. Sorry about that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LoveThis likes this.
  4. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Doesn't Carrie's book with her diaries during the filming of SW come out this month? I'm sure she's probably going to go into detail of her and Harrison's off-screen relationship.

So the three lead actresses who made it to the final testing for the female lead role in the Young Han Solo movie are all African-American, so a lot of people are speculating it's Sana. I still don't think they'll use an EU character as the lead role in a movie, but at least it's kind of cool Hollywood is becoming more open to interracial romances on screen. I'm fine with a love interest as long as it's not presented as a "she was the REAL love of Han's life" like Bria Tharen. A Salla Zend character would be cool.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/han-solo-movie-female-lead-tessa-thompson-zoe-kravitz-1201878975/

BigAl6ft6, LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  5. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    It could be Sana but as I'm sure there are plenty of other black ladies in the GFFA, she could just as likely be a brand new character. It would be interesting though if they did use an already established EU character as a lead in a film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    It would be cool, but since 99.99% of the general viewing audience don't read the EU, I think it'd be weird for them to put a character that they've never heard of and expect people to know her backstory. Plus it'd take the fun away from the people who do read the EU who knows how it ends up.

I'm thinking maybe she's a sister of Lando's and Han and her's love affair doesn't end well, leading to the falling out between Han and Lando until we see in ESB. "That was a long time ago...I'm sure he's forgotten about that."

BigAl6ft6, LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  7. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I originally thought Sana would end up being Lando's sister for that exact reason, that she was the cause of their big fall out. So I could totally see that with a different character being his sister.

8. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Apparently one of the actresses being considered is half-Indian, half-white, which makes me think it's not going to be Sana, who's clearly black. Or Lando's sister.

9. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

Well, some people already hate Leia saying that Han loves Luke. I like Sana Starros (Unfortunately many sites still call her Sana SOLO and that she is Han's wife)

10. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Han loves LUKE?

Um, what? Where are people getting that from?

iluvkoalas likes this.
  11. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

SkySolo (Luke/Han ship) is a popular ship on internet. Some shippers make negative comments about Leia and that she didn't deserve Han.

12. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh those crazy people, they used to be around years ago. Thought all that had died down nowadays.

Thought Finn/Poe was the hot new one ;)

13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I respect some Headcanons ships (especially LGBT ships) because unfortunately cinema doesn't have many gay couples. The problem is when they attack a female character because she's dating a character they would like to be with someone else (spock/kirk disrespecting Uhura, Draco/Harry doing it to Ginny, etc).

14. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah, that's been going on for like 30 years LOL. The SkySolo shippers don't bother me as much as the Reylo ones though because they seem to accept that their version of SW is an alternate one that will never be canon, while the Reylo shippers all seem convinced it will definitely become canon in Episode VIII and anyone who doesn't see it is unsophisticated or something.

I hope there's not shipping wars between Han/new love interest and Han/Leia fans though, that would be annoying. I remember there were some crazy Han/Bria vs. Han/Leia ones back in the day.

15. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh I hope not unicorn. Some of those Bria/Han shippers were really nasty to the H/L fans. They threw Leia under the bus at every opportunity.

16. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    I love how the casting bulletin mentions that casting for "young" Han was the most extensive since the search for the lead of 50 Shades of Grey. Um, Jamie Dornan was embarrased to be in that movie and kind of regrets it. Not a favorable film to be compared to!

17. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] OH MY GOD [face_laugh]

LoveThis and Claire1976 like this.
  18. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Wait, did she also say in that clip that Han and Leia were torn apart by their son and it happened because they were neglectful
    parents?

19. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Haaaaa! Oh that's funny. And I love how she's so quick to correct that jerk for suggesting that was the reason they broke up ;)

Wish we could hear everything she says though.

I don't think she said neglectful parents, but she did use the word neglect. Does anyone know what was actually said there?

iluvkoalas and Jedi Jessy like this.
  20. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

she just said something like "maybe we neglected him a bit" and said to kids to don't be Kylo's friends, that he is like Hitler

21. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah she said something about their son because we neglected him but as usual Carrie was just joking around. LOL at saying Han Solo was fantastic in bed though.

That video made me realize how annoying it must be to be a celebrity and be hounded like that every time you went out in public though.

22. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Poor Carrie, and to make it even worse she's being hounded with questions about her fictional character's fictional life. I can't understand why she keeps getting asked about what broke up Princess Leia and Han Solo when the movie had that clunky dialogue that explained it all. Unless people do it just to find out what crazy answer she'll come up with next. She looked great in that video though.

I get a kick out of people who think that Han and Sana actually got married. It's pretty clear who just looked at what was posted on the Internet and who actually read the complete story.

23. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Whilst Carrie's comments were good fun as always, that video made me angry. She hardly gets one foot outside the car and that Australian guy asks her such a ridiculous question. Wtf is wrong with these people? Why won't they just let it drop about what she said at Edmonton comic con? At least she tried to set them straight. You could tell at one stage she was getting annoyed, but I couldn't make out what was said. I heard someone ask a question that also had mention of Han in it, and Carrie's tone changes and she replies with "you can't keep asking me these questions" or words to that effect. Does anyone know what is actually said there? I've listened many times and can't make it out.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I know this is the Han & Leia appreciation thread but, damn, I would heartily vote for Tessa Thomspon to be Han's (probably tragically doomed) love interest in the Han Solo flick. That gal is great / heartbreaking.

25. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Tessa Thompson was in Selma right? She was great in that movie. I also really liked Zoe Kravitz in Divergent.

It'll be interesting to see if they kill her off like Bria or keep her around for potential sequels. Or they wrap up how their relationship ends in the EU.

Han Solo #4 came out today. Anyone here get it? Any good Han/Leia parts?