main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

You can definitely tell who has read the source material and who hasn't. I generally don't even waste my time debating with them.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Han Solo #4??

I wonder how many times Leia punches him this time?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iluvkoalas likes this.
  3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Leia doesn't appear in Han Solo #4 she was just mentioned

4. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015

I actually can understand Poe and Finn, though. But Han and Luke? Come on, folks...

Good. Better than them being physically abusive to each other.

5. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Any cute thoughts of Han thinking about her or anything?

6. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Is the Thrwan Trilogy good for H/L? Is there a lot of them? I'm thinking about picking it up.

7. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

Not exactly, but I can understand (Han had a lot of things to worry in #4). I'm sure that she will show up in #5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unicorn likes this.
  8. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    StarWars #24 preview

[​IMG]

I hope it doesn't have physical assault, but I like that "I want you!... As helmsman. I want you as helmsman"

unicorn, Ginger and iluvkoalas like this.
  9. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    I like the exchange, but the artistry is terrible.

Ginger likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    See, that's what happens when you start with Cassaday and Immonen on art - the only way after that is down.

Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  11. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Derived from the index (included in sample pages) for Princess Leia, Royal Rebel, a breakdown of H/L content (and son)

[​IMG]
    It's been a while since I read the Thrawn Trilogy, but they're well-written and contain good stories. If I remember right though, this trilogy is pretty typical of the SW books of the 90s where Han and Leia are rarely in the same place at the same time, and when they're together they don't act like lovers that have been apart. A quick hug is what we usually got.
    Despite the sucker punch in the 1st issue, I'm really enjoying the Han Solo mini-series. Issue 4 was really, really good IMO. I'll hate to see the end of this.

unicorn and Jedi Jessy like this.
  12. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015

That last panel of Han really looks like Harrison Ford.

Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    HanLeia in Star Wars #23
    [​IMG]

HanLeia in Han Solo Comics
    [​IMG]

Ginger and unicorn like this.
  14. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    When does Princess Leia Royal Rebel come out? I'm interested to see what it says about Han and Leia's marriage and them as parents.

Will this finally end the Rey Solo theory if the book never mentions another child? :p

The Thrawn Trilogy is great for Han and Leia's characterizations, it's one of the few Bantam books where I could picture Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher saying all their dialogue. Zahn isn't great at romance, so there's not much of that. But the scene of Jacen and Jaina being born is really cute.

You have to get to Tatooine Ghost and the post NJO books before you really see books where Han and Leia act like a married couple.

Some of the commentary for TFA is already starting to come out. Nothing on the Han/Leia front, except that in the Han Kylo scene apparently Kylo was considering coming home with Han (which I did not get at all from that scene). I'm dreading what JJ Abrams is going to say about the Han/Leia scenes...I picture something like:"Han and Leia was a great war-time love story. But after the war is over, reality sets in. They always had clashing ideals and goals - Han wanted to wander the galaxy instead of being a stable husband and father, Leia wanted to save the galaxy." Yuck.

15. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm expecting JJ to say also, unicorn.

Anyone who has extracts from Royal Rebel or any further info on the Han and Leia mentions please post them... In spoiler tags of course ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iluvkoalas, Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  16. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Princess Leia Royal Rebel will be released on November 29 in the US. On the US Amazon page you can click on the picture of the book to see some sample pages. It's a short book written for children but still looks very interesting. There's some cute illustrations! The sample pages are from prior to Han being in Leia's life other than he's in the family, friends, and foes section at the beginning.

https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Lei...3383&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=leia+royal+rebel

iluvkoalas, Jedi Jessy and Claire1976 like this.
  17. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015

The page with Han's bio on it states that he married Leia.

18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Interesting that in those preview pages there's like a timeline and it mentions that Leia and Han had a son "Ben Solo". I believe that's the first time in canon that his full name has been given. I never expected him to be called anything else, but I know that some people argued that until we got canon evidence that he actually had the last name Solo, that we can't just assume that was his name. They argued that he might have been called Ben Organa or even Ben Skywalker!! But OF COURSE he's Ben Solo, and there is the proof :)

iluvkoalas, Jedi Jessy and LoveThis like this.
  19. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015

There's chunks of stuff missing in the timeline, too between the marriage and the fall of Ben.

20. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    This will simultaneously break your heart and piss you off. Another page was leaked from the kids biography that's releasing soon.

[​IMG]
    what is she wearing

LelalMekha and Ginger like this.
  21. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Oh for crying out loud. Are we going to see a BS "Ben turned to the Dark Side because he had a working mother?"

Not sure how Senator of a non-existent planet would require an 100 hour work week. She was Chief of State of the entire galaxy in the old Legends and still had time for her family.

Adorable pic though.

Ginger, iluvkoalas and Jedi Jessy like this.
  22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

where did you find it?

23. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    tumblr. They said they got it from the amazon preview but I haven't been able to see it on my end. Might be a country specific thing.

Ginger and iluvkoalas like this.
  24. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I tried to find on Tumblr but I find nothing (I saw some anti-Leia posts ugh). Anyway, she is a busy woman and that's okay (I'm trying hard to keep me calm because I already have depression, I don't need more sadness lol).

Busy parents in Star Wars Universe:
    -Literally every parents in Star Wars Universe

Ginger and iluvkoalas like this.
  25. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    The drawing is adorable and shows happy, proud parents, the idea behind it is really, really dumb and detrimental to promoting females as leaders. I'm really disappointed in LFL.

Jedi Ben, Jedi Jessy and iluvkoalas like this.