main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thought I better post the key paragraphs or everyone might freak with just my post and the link.

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  3. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Last Leg did a mention of Carrie at the end, along with well wishes the line was:

EDIT: LM posted this over in the Social thread, it's headline is fitting for here too:

[​IMG]

JediFett10, Claire1976 and unicorn like this.
  5. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Various media are now reporting her as in a "stable" condition, at least according to her brother Todd who has visited her at the hospital. He also said she's "out of emergency".

Fingers crossed, everyone.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yay! Thanks for posting that.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  7. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, (insert expletive of choice here)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Unfortunately even if she has been stabilized that doesn't mean she's still not in critical condition. I'm afraid she has a long way to go to a full recovery if that's even possible considering how long she was without a pulse. All we can do is hope for the best.

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

Jedi Jessy and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  11. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Wow, reading that makes that fight her and Harrison had while filming the carbonite scene make more sense now. Carrie was really the more talented of the two with her writing ability, but she felt left out that Harrison and Kershner changed the scene without consulting her.

Debbie Reynolds posted an update saying that Carrie is now in stable condition. Let's hope we hear some good news today.

Christmas commercial using Han and Leia's romance from Star Wars:

Going to say this again, but if Disney is continuing to profit from using Han and Leia's iconic romance in commercials, they should really treat them better in the canon material.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Posted over in JCC by someone else but it did give me a laugh:

[​IMG]

ekrolo2, PCCViking, spicer and 4 others like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    2016, you total waste o' space ****er.

So sad over this.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I don't usually cry over a celebrity's death but this one feels personal. So here I sit in a Wendy's, shamelessly sobbing into my bake potato.

15. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    It certainly is a sad day for all of the SW fandom, but certainly more so for fans of Carrie. She was much too young.=((

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    2016 sure wasn't the best year, but the whole "2016 is the worst meme" does not feel appropriate. Every year horrible things happen. I can think of other years that more people, especially those younger then 60 have died in.

Anyways RIP Carrie.

And I hope the character of Leia does not die in Episode 9.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's easy to invoke other years: 1666 was a real bastard for London but if you were elsewhere, you wouldn't have cared because you probably wouldn't have known about it.

Part of the difference now is we know and feel more than we did in years before - that's the double-edge of modern comms tech. Part of it is that there's been a whole lot of celeb deaths, with Bowie at the start of the year. The other element is there's been a lot of very crappy developments, the consequences of which will be felt for years or decades, so no, I don't think it is that hyperbolic. Peope just feel very battered by the events of 2016 - there's been no real let-up in bad things happening.

Also, it's either blame 2016 or random chance - on an irrational level, having a focus beyond pure chance helps a little, thus blame 2016.

Endor_boy likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I posted this in another thread..

I have never cried at a celebrity death before. Ever. Yes, I've felt a bit sad, but never cried. Oh, boy, have those tears been flowing tonight. And just when I stop blubbing I read someone's tribute and start bawling all over again.

I feel honoured to have met Carrie at the past two Celebrations. She was the sweetest lady, and she painted my nails with glitter.

I've loved and admired her since I was 4 years old. She was my first childhood hero, my idol. I'm absolutely heartbroken that she's left us. Too soon. This planet will be a much darker place without her light in it.

RIP Carrie, thank you for everything. Love you always xx May the Force be with you.

19. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
  20. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I miss Carrie so much :(

21. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Me too. I can't believe she's gone :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jedi Jessy, Ginger and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    [​IMG] "goodbye, with love"

Ginger, JediFett10, Jedi Ben and 3 others like this.
  23. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    It hasn't gotten any easier. I can't believe how long I'm feeling totally heartbroken.

Marvel is planning a tribute to Carrie Fisher in upcoming Poe Dameron comic book issue
    http://nerdist.com/marvels-star-wars-comics-to-honor-carrie-fisher/

Because of Fisher’s sudden passing, Marvel’s Poe Dameron writer Charles Soule announced on Twitter that he has plans to reshape a scene in an upcoming issue to recognize the Star Wars legend. In his tweet, Soule said, “There’s a funeral in Poe Dameron #14, and Leia’s present – writing that scene today. Wasn’t originally about her, but now it will be.”

Drawing by Phil Noto

[​IMG]

A pretty funny mock movie trailer about 2016 the movie. Our princess wasn't left out.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I posted that one in the Carrie thread here and in Classic Trilogy; I love it. So spot-on.

unicorn and Jedi Ben like this.