main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There is all the difference in the world between a well-kept beard and not.

One of my bosses got a beard comb in secret santa a few years back, fairly certain he's used it too.

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    As a general rule I prefer clean shaven, but I have to admit the above picture of Harrison with a beard is really super hot. [face_love] Still, I have to agree with Claire1976 that what he's sporting now is much to be desired.

3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I think it depends on the man. Some men look great with beards, others just can't carry the look. I'm sure Han would totally rock a nice tidy beard.

Of course kissing men with beards is a whole other thing, lol. I wonder what Leia would think about that? I wonder if he was growing it during the little sublight run mentioned in Bloodline? ;)

Sologal and iluvkoalas like this.
  4. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Yeah, and that is why the vintage luggage will always be always sexier than new diminutive faux knock-offs. Would Han Solo ever have been as beloved a character if he didn't come with such packaging? There is a reason why that man is such a scene stealer...

Sologal, Claire1976 and iluvkoalas like this.
  5. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    So do you think Han knows Leia is pregnant or is he going to be surprised when they reunite? I really hope he found out beforehand otherwise he's in for quite the shock.

6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  7. MandrinaQ

MandrinaQ Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 19, 2016
    Hey, mods! The header still says Bloodline spoiler tags apply. Is that still a thing? If so, for how long? And I presume that all "spoilers" from Life Debt should be tagged...? What, if any, info is fair game to talk about on the thread (with or without spoiler tags) now and on release day? I know that everyone with ARCs has their own embargo rules, so that's a non-issue, but some of us get copies *a little bit* early and with the different excerpts that have been released, I want to make sure I don't say anything that's a no-no. :D

Look at me over here being lawful.... GrandAdmiralJello has been an influence on me, apparently.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I'll remove BL from the thread title and add LD. LD spoilers must be tagged. However, please note that standard board policy with regard to review copies (if there are any) applies -- references to leaks from review copies are not permitted. If someone gets the book early through legitimate means, then it's fair game but spoiler tags must be used until the book's been out for 2 weeks (e.g. 7/26).

Sologal, Jedi Jessy and MandrinaQ like this.
  9. MandrinaQ

Mar 19, 2016
    Thank you! You're still my favorite.

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Only 2 weeks? I think we used spoiler tags for Bloodline for months.;) Oh well, better to be safe then sorry I guess.:)

11. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    [video]

Awwww!

Ginger, iluvkoalas and Jedi Jessy like this.
  12. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Funny thing is that sounds a bit like the time between Ep2 and Ep3 (and obviously between Ep1 and Ep2, as well, since Anakin wasn't meant to see Padmé again before AOTC). You had an Obi-Wan book and an Anakin book, even though those two had to find pretty contrived reasons to keep their protagonists separated. And while the dynamic duo was together in the comics, Padmé was still absent, probably because nobody knew when to work the pregnancy in. I think the Destroy Malevolence episode on TCW was kind of mindblowing in using the prequels' big three along with the droids in a way that was suitably epic.

13. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I just came upon this:

http://www.swbooks.net/archive/news/2016/06/coming_soon_vaders_and_leias_backstories.htm

Backstories: Star Wars - Princess Leia Royal Rebel

Discover everything there is to know about Princess Leia in this in-depth biography, filled with illustrations, artifacts, and fast facts, part of the Backstories series of character biographies. Who is Princess Leia? How did a princess become a rebel leader? And what happened to her after the Empire was defeated? In this biography, complete with black-and-white illustrations, timelines, and character profiles, young readers will delight in learning the complete history of Star Wars' royal rebel. - Scheduled for release in August from Scholastic Books with a RRP of $5.99 each

It's for kids but we're all young at heart when it comes to Star Wars, right?

MandrinaQ, Sologal and Jedi Jessy like this.
  14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I just hope it will live up to what's announced and actually introduce new elements...

Ginger likes this.
  15. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000

That's interesting. I wonder if they're going to do backstories for Han and Luke as well. But didn't we get Vader's backstory in Eps. I-III and a lot of prequel era books (are they still canon)? I don't know what else there is to learn about him.

Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  16. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what more could be told about Vader's background since the movies pretty much covered his childhood, early adulthood, and final years.

I don't expect much from the Leia's background story since it's for ages 8 - 12 years, but it could still be cute. Hopefully we get some information about Leia in this new canon galaxy.

I would guess that we won't see a background story on Han until after the Han Solo movie comes out. Maybe we'll see something for Luke.

Sologal likes this.
  17. MandrinaQ

Mar 19, 2016
    I definitely look forward to the Leia book. I really liked the portrayal of her childhood in the old PL Comics and I want to see what gets kept and what gets changed. Also, I am hyper-aware of "Princess Culture" and am hoping that having Leia as part of the pantheon of Disney Princesses will have a positive effect on it. So the idea of an all-Leia, inclusive-of-the-palace book aimed at school age kids (read: little girls in sparkly dresses) could be absolutely perfect. Also, I'm that schmuck with disposable income who will buy anything with Leia on the cover.

Ginger likes this.
  18. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  19. MandrinaQ

Mar 19, 2016
    The article she's referring to there really was fantastic.... ;)

unicorn, Ginger, CooperTFN and 3 others like this.
  20. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Yes, I love it but I still don't understand why Kylo fans think that HanLeia was violent :(

21. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Hmm, who wrote that I wonder? ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 and Ginger like this.
  22. MandrinaQ

Mar 19, 2016
    Some vapid hot mess of a redheaded Han/Leia shipper from Germany, or so I'm told.

23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I had my suspicion s. ; )

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

Ginger and Jedi Jessy like this.
  24. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Jedi Jessy, I think it's from that line in TFA "No matter how much we fought I always hated seeing you leave." and Kylo's line about Han being a disappointing father. Like the article says, fans with a confirmation bias will take those lines as "proof" that Han was an abusive husband and father. Thankfully, Claudia Gray has debunked her book backing that theory up, which MANY fans insisted it did.

I kind of want to run around and go "In your face H/L hating Kylo fans!" but that would go against the spirit of the piece :p

Awesome work MandrinaQ!! You're uber talented!

25. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    It makes no difference whether Claudia "debunked" it or not. It's a clearly distorted interpretation driven by a transparent agenda that it's just going to go away if ignored completely.