main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I don't have a problem with Han having previous girlfriends at all, just as long as Leia remains the love of his life. It's unrealistic to think there was no one before Leia. Of course there was. But she needs to be the most important one ;)

Legends authors they could bring back? Well I'd love to see Troy Denning tackling a good Han and Leia story again. I know he wasn't popular with some fans, but you can't deny that he totally "got" our fav couple, and Tatooine Ghost was like Han and Leia heaven for me. Would love to read more from him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'd be careful with any Leia allusions in the Han movie that might imply he thinks the little princess is cute... I think their age difference of 10 years still stands, so she'll probably be a literal child. But I'd love, love, LOVE something like what Matt mentioned from the Han Solo trilogy. Or maybe Leia goes to Corellia with Bail for some political reason and they catch each other's eyes for a brief moment or something.

3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Pablo said that Han didn't have a canon age

4. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I can see something along the lines of "someday she's going to make some poor guy crazy" or something like that, as their age difference would make her seriously underage. He's a lot of things, but definitely not a perv. I always assumed the characters were roughly the same age as the actors.

As for JJ he reminds of a fanboy living out his 13 year old self's fantasies.

He probably would have given Han some young arm candy if didn't think he'd have a riot on his hand.

5. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Yes, but in The Princess, the Scoundrel and the Farmboy Luke says Han is about ten years older than him. We don't know exactly how old he is in the new canon, but he still is a bit older than Luke and Leia, enough for Leia being just a child while he's in his late teens.

We'd run after him with pitchforks and torches.

[​IMG]

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I think Pablo said Han's only going to be about 20 in the Young Han Solo movie so Leia would only be about 10. Anything on him commenting that she's cute would be creepy.

Claire1976, IamZam and Jedi Jessy like this.
  7. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    So he's 29 in ANH?

8. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I hope there's a glimpse of kid Han as well (Jacob Tremblay, pls?)

9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Here are the passages that MattOrgana mentioned earlier:
    and later

10. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Ginger, MattOrgana and Claire1976 like this.
  11. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Wow, didn't realise he'd said that. I honestly thought he was 10 years older than Leia and that was still canon.

IamZam likes this.
  12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well...
    (From A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy, which is canon.)

Ginger, Jedi Jessy and MattOrgana like this.
  13. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000

That's interesting Jedi Jessy. This comment makes it sound like they're going to follow the old canon backstory of Han being orphaned or abandoned. Still, you'd think he'd have a general idea of how old he is within a year or so, but would not know his actual birthdate. I'd think that would be frustrating not knowing exactly when you were born.

The old EU timeline was very clear about the difference in the ages of Han and Leia, which is 11 years. According to the old Star Wars Encyclopedia, Han was listed as born 29 year before the Battle of Yavin and Luke and Leia 18 years before said battle. I just assumed this would stay the same.

14. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Didn't they change Leia's age to 19 in ANH later on, making the age gap 10 years?

Jedi Jessy and IamZam like this.
  15. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

I'd say yes.

And it fits with hole symbolism with characters ages Star Wars loves. We know every Skywalker has done something incredible at 19 (and I'm looking at you as well, Rey), even though Leia was probably doing incredible things from the crib. And I'm sure we'll eventually read about the adventures of a 19 years old Padawan Ben Solo.

And Han at 29, made a decision that changed his life forever, when he went back to help Luke. At 29, Kylo Ren killed his father, a decision that I'm sure will change his life forever (though I don't if it's for better or worse).

The age gap was of 10 years. Han was 29, while Luke and Leia were 19 in ANH.

Han's Legends page on Wookieepedia says he was born on 29 BBY.

While Leia's says she and Luke were born on 19 BBY.

In the new canon, Leia remains being 19 in ANH.

Ginger, Sologal and IamZam like this.
  16. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

Yes, Han just calls Luke "kid" because Luke was an ingenuous boy to Han (and ends up becoming like a younger brother). Plus Han has a "cowboy" style, every cowboy character likes to call someone "kid" or "darling" (I think that last is too cheesy) lol

"Pablo Hidalgo ‏@pablohidalgo 4 de jan
    @TheSchridler Luke and Leia would be around 53 [in TFA]. I don't think we've ever known Han's definitive age."

Sologal, Ginger and MattOrgana like this.
  17. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    That is what I thought. Even if there is no established age, he is clearly older than she is. He calls Luke kid, and Luke is the same age as Leia. Given the actors 13 year age difference, if he was in his 20's she would have been a tween at most.

If would make more sense for her to comment on him.

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I find it rather weird that they've decided all of a sudden that we don't know Han's age. We've always known it, and Alexandra Bracken's canon retelling of ANH uses the traditional (i.e. Legends) age gap.

Sologal, IamZam and Jedi Jessy like this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    "Pablo Hidalgo ‏@pablohidalgo
    If you want a real headscratcher, Leia changes the way she pronounces Han through the course of ESB."

I have the same headcanon lol

Claire1976 and IamZam like this.
  20. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Look at us, discussing fiction characters ages. I love this fanbase. :han::leia:

Sologal, Ginger, Claire1976 and 2 others like this.
  21. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000

Hmmmm.....then there is conflicting information out there or they later revised it. The resource I referenced was written by Stephen J. Sansweet and published by The Ballantine Publishing Group and copyrighted by Lucasfilm, Ltd. in 1998. But hey, what difference does 1 year make.;) Considering Han spent a significant amount of time in deep freeze then I'd say he's a year closer in age to Leia anyway, whatever it may be.;)

22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Juste because it's cute, I'm leaving it here:
    [​IMG]

(From the recent Little Golden Book I am a Princess.)

Sologal, iluvkoalas, Ginger and 5 others like this.
  23. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    awwww!!

24. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  25. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Haa, I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that! ;)

IamZam likes this.