main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015

Hmm...Old school? I think that it was more of a young boy's view of them, not an adult man's.

2. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I'm the old school SW purist. I meant that JJ was the young overgrown fanboy living his middle school fantasies.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

unicorn likes this.
  3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

I think they didn't sleep together before ESB but they began to flirt and get close to a dating... So Ord Mantell mission changed everything:

"Princess Leia Organa: I thought you had decided to stay.
    Han Solo: Well the bounty hunter we ran into in Ord Mantell changed my mind." and when ESB started Leia was looking to that door waiting for him, I think she already knew that he's leaving.

ps: I love those idiots
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

unicorn, IamZam, Ginger and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
  5. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    from The Force Awakens comic issue #2 (Han remembering about their first kiss :_| )
    [​IMG]

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Awww! I was really disappointed the Alan Dean Foster novel didn't go much into Han's thoughts on Leia (ADF is a terrible writer IMO), it's nice to see it in visual form.

7. LoveThis

LoveThis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2016
    Waaaah! My heart is breaking all over again!

8. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Mine too=((. I haven't had much desire to read TFA comic adaptation but I do love the above posted panel. If only the movie could have shown us these images of what Han must be considering a happier time in his life.:(

Claire1976, Ginger and iluvkoalas like this.
  9. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  10. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I have these figure in my collection, though I bought them separately.

I also have Boushh Leia and Endor Leia (military outfit), Hoth Han, Bespin Han and carbonite Han.

Can't wait to have their TFA figures.

Ginger likes this.
  11. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015

Just a thought...I really wish that they would add a kiss between them in the comic after they embrace. They could do that if they wanted to.

IamZam, Sologal, Jedi Jessy and 2 others like this.
  12. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    IamZam, Sologal, unicorn and 2 others like this.
  13. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    this is the one thing i haven't like about the new canon feel they have butchered han and leia's relationship

IamZam and iluvkoalas like this.
  14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    The Force Awakens certainly did, but the new canon books and comics have some really good H/L bits so far. Hopefully this will continue.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iluvkoalas, Sologal, unicorn and 5 others like this.
  15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    this is the one thing i haven't like about the new canon feel they have butchered han and leia's relationship
    and luke's past 6 years or so have sucked too. there is nothing positive to look at in the recent history of the big three. very sad.​

iluvkoalas likes this.
  16. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Question about Life Debt:

I remember someone here said that the New Republic didn't approve of Leia's relationship with Han, but I don't recall reading anything of the sort. Anyone care to enlighten me?

17. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

Evaan “Please, Leia. I hear people whisper, I don’t know what Her Highness sees in that
    scoundrel. And I always respond: She’s a lot more scoundrel than you think. Maybe even
    more than he is. So, spit it out: What do you need from me?”

fortunately it's not too serious as in the Legends (where they tried to marry Leia with a prince). As in real life, some people like to judge others (as judged Han) but the new canon shows that their relationship was also accepted by many like Mon Mothma, Norra, Evaan, Antilles... Their friends.

Sologal and MattOrgana like this.
  18. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    There's also a quote of Leia being visibly pregnant and whispers that Han fled and left her when he found out she was pregnant but that Leia doesn't care what people think.

When Leia got elected Senator, do you think Han had to give a First Husband speech? That'd be adorable :)

19. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Imagine tabloids in Star Wars universe like The Sun with

"The husband of the last princess of Alderaan fled!!!!!!!! Learn more"
    *days later*
    "Han Solo, the husband of the last princess of Alderaan, is back and HE'S CAUGHT HUGGING A WOMAN"
    *hours later*
    "[...] Actually it's not a woman, is Chewbacca... Anyway, we have more photos of jedi Luke Skywalker drinking blue milk! And more, Mon Mothma is a natural redhead? Find it out now!"

20. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000

Thanks for the link, Ginger. I'm glad Han and Leia have Jen Heddle in their corner and looking out for their (and our) interests.:)

Claire1976 and Jedi Jessy like this.
  21. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I'm thinking their version of the National Enquirer would have a field day, just photoshopping and making stuff up. It's par for the course with their level of notoriety.

Exclusive nude honeymoon photos!!

Sologal, unicorn and Jedi Jessy like this.
  22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

a Han Solo naked in the newspapers [face_blush]

anakinfansince1983 and IamZam like this.
  23. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Lol! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Talking of nakedness, I keep thinking about the little sublight trip mentioned in Bloodline. You know, just the two of them cooped up on the Falcon...lots of sexy time...did they even need clothes? ;)

24. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Started with an argument and 9-10 months after making up along comes baby Ben. ;):p:D[face_blush]

You just know there are some great missing moments in there.

25. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey, I tried hunting down some of those juicy tabloid stories on Han and Leia’s steamier moments, but all I could find is this:

A National Enquirer Exclusive: Kylo Ren Opens Up About Growing Up Solo

I was an accidental pregnancy, which naturally means I was an unwanted and unloved baby. Yeah, mom and dad forgot to pack birth control for a long trip on the Falcon, and nine months later I popped out.
    [​IMG]
    I think it’s only because of me that they stuck it out together as long as they did, but if you ask me, we would have all been better off if they had just dropped me off on a desert planet as soon as I was able to fend for myself, like maybe at five, or something.

It was disturbing for a sweet, sensitive boy like myself--I mean living in that household, with those two. You see, my parents would always get into these loud shouting matches that lasted for hours and ended with objects flying and fists swinging,

[​IMG]
    I would sit alone in my bedroom feeling scared and insecure while they went at it. I wouldn’t dare leave my room until after I heard the front door slam. That would be dad leaving in a huff, like always. He’d stay gone for weeks, and sometimes months at a time, long enough for mother to miss him. That’s why he would leave--you know? It was his way of punishing mom for disagreeing with him.

[​IMG]
    I’d try to comfort mom but she would never even notice me. I needed comforting too… but she was too self-absorbed in herself, her career, and her volatile relationship with dad. She wasn’t fit to be a mother.

[​IMG]
    I wanted dad to teach me how to race spaceships like he used to, but he never did. He was always too busy hanging out with some other kids that he liked better than me.
    [​IMG]
    I tried to turn to mom for company, but she only like kids who reminded her of herself, or dad. Sort of like how she kept cooing over our neighbors’ two kids. They took after mom and dad, and even a bit like mom and her brother.
    [​IMG]
    People always think that dad has the biggest heart in the galaxy, but when it comes to me. his heart is as hard and cold as steel. He was always shouting out my name and barking out orders at me when I was a kid, ‘Ben! Take off that stupid cape! Ben! Stop pretending you asthmatic!’, you know, like that.
    [​IMG]
    Dad could never understand my ‘special needs’ as a Force sensitive child. He would ridicule my powers and tell me that I had too much Vader in me, whatever that meant?
    [​IMG]
    I mean, really, I was a cute baby. How could anyone had compared me to a dark lord?
    [​IMG]

As I grew older, Mom started looking at me strangely, like she was scared of me or something.
    [​IMG]
    Before I knew it she sent me packing to my Uncle’s boarding school for wayward Jedi children. I felt abandoned by the people I thought I was the closest too. Well, uncle was a stern and uncaring headmaster who never spared the rod. In fact, Uncle enjoyed beating his students into submission. Uncle always had a sadistic streak in him that’s been well hidden from most everyone. But I’m here now to tell the truth.
    [​IMG]
    I hated it at Uncle Luke’s school. The other Jedi teased and bullied me because that’s the way Jedi are. I also couldn’t stand by while Uncle Luke and the other Jedi committed horrible crimes against humanity. I felt that I had no choice but to stop the wicked Jedi and their evil Master. I did the galaxy a huge favor by wiping out the other Jedi, but society judges me harshly instead of being grateful.

Well, that’s my story, as you can see--the way things turned out--it’s not my fault.