main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by boushh2187, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Glad we all seem to agree on the facial hair, btw. ;)

Oh and Yanksfan: I'm sure he'll thank you next time! :D

Bria: That sounds like a lot of fun :) I don't really have any real life friends that read the novels or as into SW as I am. I know people who like them, but they aren't as into it as I am. I often end up giving updates on what's going on in the EU or with AotC. I don't have much time to participate in any of my local fan force's activities though. :(

I just bought the recent gamer but I haven't read the short story. Is it just "The Apprentice"? Anyway, I just caught a glimpse of what was going on in it, and it made me get a little freaked out. I haven't read many spoilers for DJ, so I know only a little. I did read the end of the story where it said that it takes place during DJ. This doesn't mean it's an excerpt, right? It would say if it was, I would think.

It will definitely be interesting to read the story and then read DJ and see where it will fall into place. I still haven't read "Red Sky Blue Flame" ?? the Jag Fel story in the previous gamer magazine. I'm wondering if I should read that first... Of course, that would involve digging it out of the pile of magazines... <sigh>

I don't think I'll be reading The Approaching Storm... I have too much on my plate as it is. I might cave and buy it, but I don't think I'll read it right away. I'm in the middle of reading Recovery again, and LOTR: The Two Towers. And of course there is fanfic... And real life... Not nearly enough hours in the day... :(

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Not enough time. Tell me about it. Work, school, friends, surfing time, etc. How many times a day do I think that I should sit down and write this H/L songfic that is floating in my head? :p One of these days I will, once I figure out how to do it and make it fit between ESB and ROTJ. :) [face_love]

The Apprentice (I think that's the only short story in it, but there could be others... if there are, I haven't read them)... it takes place during DJ, but I don't think it was an excerpt, though after reading it I really must wonder how it can't be one... This is going to be a hard read, that's for sure. :( I haven't the JagFel short, but I should. :)

I have reserved The Approaching Storm from my local library (the first person to do so :) )who has it on order. I figure if ppl advise me not to read it, I can always return it. I will not buy it, I know that for sure. The *only* hardcovers I'll buy from now on are the movie novelizations and the NJO hardcover, oh and if I ever see it on ebay or at a used book store, the hardcover HST (must have... :D). I did not like Rogue Planet, and regretted spending so much for it. I should've waited until the PB. Darth Maul, Shadow Hunter, which I also bought as a hardcover was good, but not worth the extra cost IMHO (also the PB had the DM ebook included...) Because of that I didn't buy The Cloak of Deception and I'm glad I made that decision. It wasn't a *bad* book, but much of the political stuff was dry (quite appropriate if you ask me ;) ). The Obi-Wan/Qui-Gong stuff was good, and it does give you a little more detail about the "baseless allegations of corruption" that were spoken of in TPM, so I'll gladly buy it in PB when it is released in June. Whether I read TAS now or after AOTC, I'll wait to buy it until it's out in PB. ;)

~*~Bria

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    HI! So glad I finally made it in here. Warning: those lightsabers are not for use inside the house I tell you. I can't stay any longer to explain that, but suffice it to say I am now having surge issues and must protect my laptop from severe injury. Please count me in on this discussion and I promise to get caught up. :) Yay! So happy to see everyone!

Dexgirl

4. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    DEXSTER!! Oh, Dexster, I was so worried about you!! THANK THE FORCE you're ok!!

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Hiya, J_girl! :)

BDW article in the latest SWI. Picked it up today. Wahoo!!!! [face_love] [face_love] Pardon me while stare at it dreamily. [face_love] [face_love]

Oh, and there is a bit on the trash compactor scene... that's about the extent of the H/L content in this issue...

*goes to drool over Lando's article and the art piece of him singing at the end (BDW did stage work in childhood and can sing).* [face_love]

~*~Bria

6. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Dexgirl! :) Glad to see you. You must be very careful of power surges. They are not fun. Computers don't like them. Take advice from someone who knows... unfortunately.

Bria: I saw the BDW article in the Insider and immediately thought of you. :) That comic strip thing at the end was just plain hysterical. :)

For anyone interested, Troy Denning has just talked a bit about H/L in his thread. He appears to have liked writing for them...

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, it was, wasn't it? :D Lando... [face_love] :D

I also found that the picture of someone I know is in the issue. On page 26, top picture, I've met the guy in the front in X-Wing gear (left side). :) He's not from around here but he knows the Midwests RSA (who is a member of the MN Fanforce) and attended a meeting of ours when he was visiting her. :)

Oh, and I *love* the Silver Anniversary Pin collection for sale on the next page. :D My only gripe? How could they have a pin of a *stormtrooper* when they didn't have one of *Lando*? Grrrr... :mad:

~*~Bria

8. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    That drawing of Lando at the end of Insider cracked me up, LOL!!

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    :D Yeah, me too. [face_laugh] I swear... if BDW goes to Celebration II and sings... (don't know why he would, but if he did... :p) I will be such a *lost cause* :D

I can't wait for the next issue of Insider. I like the mag, but right now it's mostly about the prequels, which is cool, except that I won't read the articles until after I see the movie. :p But in the next issue, it'll be the 25th anniversary issue of ANH, so I'm hoping it jamm-packed with OT stuff. ;)

~*~Bria

10. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, I hope the next Insider is awesome! :) The ESB anniversary issue had some great stuff and I'm really hoping that the next issue will have some stuff we haven't seen yet...

11. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Maybe he'll sing the Colt45 song. :D

12. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I don't know how the Colt45 song goes, but...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! :D

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    "Works Every Time"

That's all I know.

One of my Canadian friends got to see a tape in school that showed one of his old C45 commercials. What I wouldn't give to see one of them... *gets an idea* :D

Hey, I couldn't see Han or Leia in the piece on the new SW card game from Wizards of the Coast (Decipher lost it's license), I definately see a Lando card in there. I'd know that shot anywhere. :D

~*~Bria

14. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Gotta disagree on the facial hair people (come on... you knew I would! ;) )
    It's the only thing I can think of that he could use to hide that dreadful wattle!

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Phew. Thought I killed this thread there. :(

It's been pretty quiet around here... I take ppl found and have been reading Dark Journey?

So far I haven't found a copy. :(

Hopefully I will tomorrow. :)

~*~Bria

16. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Awww, he still looks good. :)

I still have to pick up Dark Journey as well.

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Wow, I actually have to agree with you, Leela. I'm not normally a facial hair person, but when I saw Harrison on that Biography special, I had to give a great big sigh of relief. He looked *better* and not as scary old as usual. Maybe it *was* the facial hair that did it.

Although, I do miss seeing that scar. :)

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    That's too bad, Dant. :( Although I'll confess to feeling better that others are in the same boat I am. Isn't that terrible? :D

Ah, how I love Harrison/Han's scar. [face_love]

Much of this weekend was a blur, but I'm thinking that there is something on tonight that I'm supposed to watch. Or am I thinking about the A&E GL biography that I missed last night? ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria

19. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I still have to disagree about the facial hair. I normally like facial hair on men, especially goatees (sp?) but for some reason I can't deal with it on Harrison. On the plus side to his interview, it looks like someone actually combed his hair. ;) So he looks good scruffy *and* when he's groomed. ;)

As for Dark Jouney... I tried to find it early. Of course, my luck is rather stinky so I just bought it today. First thing I noticed was Recovery being added into the timeline. The other thing I noticed was that Han's name was at the top of the list of characters. For a moment I thought that was odd and then I realized why he was at the top. I guess Anakin's death has just sunk in for me. :(

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    I always knew you were evil, Bria.

21. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Dant- You have no idea. [face_devil]

No DJ for me as of yet. :( I was going to stop by WalMart before school (and after if need be), but I woke up with a migrain and never went to school. I was able to make it to work this afternoon, but due to weather and homework, I decided to just wait until tomorrow to get it. Between B&N and WalMart, I should be able to find it. :)

Oh, I remembered in time last night what I was supposed to watch (ET). It's funny that Carrie hasn't seen that, as I certainly have.... can't recall on what though... ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria

22. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    So....um, when can we bust out with some "Dark Journey" discussion, huh?

*tries to be patient, but it doesn't work*

No, seriously. Are we gonna talk about it? Come on, kids, you know you want to.... :D

23. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    I'd love to but I'm not done with it yet. :) I'm liking it so far though, and I'm happy to see Han and Leia make an appearance. Good stuff for them so far too. :) For some reason though, I'm reading this book with a heavy heart. I guess it's the Anakin thing...

Have you gotten really far Yanksfan? I always seem to have a really hard time getting people to leave me alone to read. It ends up taking me forever to read these books nowadays. But we'll see. I hope I read this faster than I did SbS!

24. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Nah, I'm not terribly far. In the middle of Chapter Eleven. How much have you read so far? But yeah, I'm liking it so far too. Especially (of course) the Han and Leia stuff. They seem to be spot on and all that. But you're right, it's like good, but in a sad way. I dunno. I mean I was never a member of the Anakin Solo fanclub--far cry from actually--but I do feel bad for all the characters affected by it. But I am enjoying it. :)

25. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Yanksfan: You're way ahead of me I think. I'm probably in the fourth chapter. I'm gona go and read now actually. Hopefully I'll catch up to you by tomorrow. ;) Glad you agree on the sad thing even though you weren't an Anakin fan. Actually this is a good question for you... since you aren't a big fan of the Solo kids, how is it reading books that focus so hugely on them? I'm a fan of theirs myself, so I'd like to hear your take on it. :)

Anyone else snag a copy yet?

Aaand did anyone else catch Carrie interviewing George? :) It was a lot of fun and he looked so relaxed! I was amazed. Now if she could only convince Harrison to show up! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.