main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by boushh2187, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    I'm still so confused -- I looked on the board but I guess I didn't know what to look for. Is this a poll on the Community board?

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    set271, I think that poll is at the JC Elections board, but I think it's closed now anyway.

Unfortunately, it looks like I just may be out of the TG discussion on the Literature board this weekend. For some odd reason my computer at home will not let me post there. When I click on the 'Post Reply' button all I get is the banner and nothing else. Strange thing is, I can post okay on the Community board, Fan Fic and Movies. Being the computer illerature that I am, I have no idea why this is happening and how to correct it, but it seems to have started when they changed to the new banner and colors. Whoa is me, what am I going to do? :_| If anyone knows why this is happening and could advise me on how to solve the problem, I'd be very grateful.

I do have an idea, but I'll need a little help from my friends in here. I can still read the H/L literature thread, so I thought what I could do is post my comments in this thread, where they'd be very appropriate anyway, and then maybe someone could copy and paste them to the H/L thread in literature for me, you know, sort of like a tag team. ;) If anyone's willing to help me out, I'd certainly appreciate it. :)

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Leela - I can't believe I didn't notice that picture of Han was backwards! :eek:

* smacks self on head! *

Sometimes I can't believe I made it out of kindergarten... :p

I must say, although I've got about 80 pages left on TG...I'm of the minority. I was a bit disappointed. I still wouldn't pass up reading it, though. ;)

4. CorellianBlue

CorellianBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2001
    LadyPadme, it's nice to hear a different opinion on TG for a change.
    Although I haven't read it yet, I suspect I may feel the same way as you. I, for one, did not gush about the Valentine's Day comic. And I recall even enjoying COPL when I first read it. :)
    Still, it won't stop me buying or reading TG. As soon as I heard there was a whole novel with H&L in it, I was committed to buy it, even if it is EU... [face_plain]

5. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Lady Padme: I guess that I am of the minority also. I was a little dissappointed myself, but that is only due to having read such wonderful fanfic. I also would buy it again and will undoubtedly read it again.

I enjoyed it and was extremely pleased to see Han and Leia finally portrayed as we fans have always seen them.

I guess that all you great fanfic authors out there have spoiled me.

I know that I haven't posted in here in a while, but there is my two cents worth. :)

6. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    I know what you guys mean. I was disappointed, too. I loved all of the little moments (and some big moments, too!), but overall the book was a bit disappointing to me (probably because of super-high expectations), even though I still enjoyed it! :)

EDIT: I just saw that Tara helped you post on the other thread, Sologal. So consider me a second helper should the need arise. :)

7. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I'm sorry that some of you folks were disappointed in Tatooine Ghost. I thought my expectations were pretty high, but maybe they weren't as high as some of the rest of you had. Or maybe, I'm just so thrilled to have finally gotten a book with so much Han and Leia in it that I'm willing to overlook the disappointments. Maybe those will manifest themselves in the second read. ;) And I was just so happy to read one that wasn't so depressing and filled with violence and where I had to worry about Han and Leia surviving. :)

Thanks for you offer of help, set271. It's really weird. I can't figure out why I don't have trouble posting on the other boards I frequent, but can't post in Literature. Anyway, I asked for help in Communications and I'm hoping that an administrator will come up with a fix. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my web browser so I might just go around and upgrade that and see if that solves the problem. I haven't experienced this problem at work and my web browser there is a much newer version.

8. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    That's the weird thing about this book. I did thoroughly enjoy it, and at the same time, when I was finished, I didn't feel *completely* satisfied. I don't know why. Actually, maybe I do -- a more prolonged ending might have given me that sense of completion I guess I felt was missing. But like others have said, there's been some fanfic that's knocked my socks off, and I can't say TG did that. Well, maybe one sock. :)

9. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I definitely understand what you're saying about the ending set271. I can't say I was disappointed, but it certainly left me wanting for more. I'm hoping we'll get that in Never Trust a Squib.

And I totally agree about the fan fic. Han and Leia fans have definitely been spoiled in that regard. We're so lucky that so many talented writers are Han and Leia fans. :)

And just for the record, upgrading my web browser solved my problem in literature. I'm officially back in business. :)

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Just upping the thread. I guess we're all in Literature these days. ;)

11. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Helloooooo... I guess everyone's busy reading or rereading TG. Or going to great lengths to obtain a copy. :)

12. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    I'll just sing a song to pass the time...

I'm a teenager from outer space
    tryin' to make it in the human race
    Although I come from another world
    I'm really a very nice girl

And even though I dropped from the sky
    I would never steal another girl's guy
    Don't want all the girls to hate me
    I just want the guys to date me

I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit
    I want to find a boy that's really cute
    write love letters in the sand, and surf
    but it's hard
    when you're the new kid on Earth.

Obi-Wan Kenobi... Obi-Wan Kenobi...

There'll come a day and I hope it's soon
    When whether you come from the stars or moon
    It won't matter if you're green or blue
    you will find a boy that's right for you!

:D

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Still didn't get a chance to start TG, but I did pick it up Saturday night. :D

14. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Cute song, set271. :) I suppose that's supposed to be Leia who sings it. Well, we know she finally found someone to love her. ;)

HanSolo, I can't believe you've had TG since Saturday and haven't started reading it yet. You must have a lot of will power. :)

15. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Oh, that was just a bit from the classic Carrie Fisher SNL... :)

Yes, HanSolo29, you do have TG willpower! :) Look forward to hearing what you think! :)

16. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Yes, Carrie did sing that when she appeared on SNL. She also wore this outfit:

[image=http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/snl14.JPG]

Possible forerunner of the gold bikini in ROTJ?

17. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Okay, I remember that episode now. That was pretty funny. [face_laugh]

And thanks for the picture reminder, Shelley. :)

18. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    :) It's a cute picture.

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I've been crazily busy as of late and haven't had time to pop in here. I finished TG a bit ago and I adore the book. Almost like reading fanfic in that it was ALL Han and Leia. [face_love] :)

I also loved how the prequels were woven into it. Good job, Troy Denning. :)

20. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I wholeheartedly agree, Bria. Tatooine Ghost is a wonderful book and has become my all-time favorite SW book. :)

21. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Page THREE!!!

LP summons the Force to levitate thread back to page 1 where it belongs.

22. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Also posted in the Lit thread, but I'll just pop in here as well to apologize for my disappearance! :( Got stuck out of town. Baby with ear infection, couldn't fly... that's the short version. And just when I thought I'd have time to catch up with you guys this weekend, my in-laws tell me they're coming to visit. So now I must go into perfect wife mode and look like I have my house and my life together! Little do they know... :D

23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    No need to apologize, set271. Life has a way of throwing us unexpected curve balls. We don't have any choice but to go with the flow when that happens. And I hope all goes well with your in-laws. You do realize, of course, that with a toddler around, you have the perfect excuse for not having your house and life in perfect order. ;)

24. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Possible forerunner of the gold bikini in ROTJ?

Gosh, that's cute! Thanks for the pic, Shelley!

25. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Small children are a wonderful excuse for having a messy home! Now mine are too old for that excuse to work. As for TG - I thourorughly enjoyed it, a bit light on the Mush, that the fanfic does so well, but it was a lot of fun to not have the YV hanging over everything - it seemed full of promise and hope....IMHO
    Reb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.