Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by boushh2187, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the review, REBADAMS7! :)

Yes, I suppose I do have an excuse after all. The nice thing is that my inlaws took the little guy out for the afternoon, so now I have some time to reconnect with you guys! :)
  2. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    That was awlfully nice of your in-laws, set271. Grandparents do tend to be good about that though. They take the kid, spoil him rotten, then hand him back to you. ;)

Well, I'm having computer problems at home again. Now my browser won't even let me login in at TFN, so even though I can still read messages, I can't post anything. :( I'm completely baffled why this is suddenly happening and how to correct the problem, short of uninstalling my browser and then reinstalling it. Computers! They're great when they work right, but so frustrating when they don't. :(
  3. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cripes Ford looked old at the Oscars
  4. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Well, HF isn't really a spring chicken, is he?

5. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    I think he'd look better if he would just change his hair style. [face_plain]
  6. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh definately. He looked like a 50s B-Movie scientist :)

And about him being old. Jack Nicholson looked fine, and hes older. In fact, he looked so cool that if I stood next to him, people would find me cool, as his aura washed up on me :)
  7. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Good news:

Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning is now at #8 on the New York Times bestsellers list.
  8. Leela Jedi Master

star 4
    I said it in the Deli and I'll say it here - Harrison needs to grow a beard! Covers a multitude of sins! ;) Look at Sean Connery! What is he? 70 something? And he STILL looks dead sexy!!! (and distinguished) [face_mischief]
  9. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    The thing I don't get about Harrison is, you'd think he'd be trying to make himself look twenty years younger now that he has this young, sexy thing hanging all over him. He looks old enough to be her father! Wait . . . he is old enough to be her father. ;)
  10. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he's even old enough to be her grandfather! :)

I thought his hair wasn't too bad. At least it wasn't short and spiky -- I like it long and scruffy. :)

Whenever I see those two together, I just try to pretend she's not there. Then I go back and look at pictures of him from the 70s/early 80s and pretend they were taken this year. :D Hee hee.

I wish that had been true about that movie in which he'd play a cop chasing a younger version of himself. Of all the uses for digital imagery, I can't think of a better use for it than to recreate HF in his prime! :D
  11. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I said it in the Deli and I'll say it here - Harrison needs to grow a beard! Covers a multitude of sins! Look at Sean Connery! What is he? 70 something? And he STILL looks dead sexy!!! (and distinguished)

ICAM! He had a nice beard when he spoke on Lucas's Biography when it aired last year. It looked good on him and took several years off his face. His hair was combed back too, not all spiky like he often wears it.

I don't know what Sean Connery's secret is. He tanned, he smoked -- by all rights he should look like a prune, but he doesn't. He's still sexy as all get out!
  12. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. Sean Connery looks awesome. I think he looks better now that he did when he was young! :)
  13. Leela Jedi Master

star 4
    It's the beard I tell you! Consider how he looked when he shaved it off for the last James Bond he did (Never say Never?); he looked like a WUSS!!!
    Compare that to all his recent (bearded) stuff... Actually, Hollywood has a real thing against beards - it's amazing that they've allowed him to keep it on screen. He must be determined. :D I can respect that.
  14. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Whenever I see those two together, I just try to pretend she's not there.

You know set, I do the very same thing. ;)

Personally, I'm not big on facial hair but I do agree about Sean Connery. He is one of the few people I think looks better with it then without. As for Harrison, I definitely like him better clean shaven. Or Indy style scruffy. ;)
  15. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Found this on page 2. I think the first couple of SW deserves better then that. ;)
  16. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Definitely, Sologal. Sorry I haven't been around much. *sigh*

I'm going to start rereading TG soon. Hopefully I'll be more in discussion mode as I refresh my memory. :)

Has everyone gotten it by now? Or are people still waiting?
  17. Leela Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.harrisonfordmedia.com/pictures/movies/indy_chronicles1.jpg]

[image=http://www.harrisonfordmedia.com/pictures/movies/indy_chronicles2.jpg]

:D

18. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Bearded HF pics! He does indeed look good, Leela! :)

A man of many talents he is, too. :D
  19. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Mmmmmm...

Here's one of my favorite bearded Harrison pics:

[image=http://forums.soulofthejedi.net/main/attachments/hford.jpg]
  20. REBADAMS7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhhh that is a great shot! I remember his apperance in the Fugutive and when I saw him in one scene he looked awful - he was supposed to. I wish I had a way to post his photo with my son...any ideas on how to do that?
    Reb
  21. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooooh, Shelley, that IS one of the very best. :)

I'd love to see him with your son, rebadams7! I have no idea how to post, but hopefully someone else can help you! :)
  22. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I still say I like Harrison better without all the facial hair, although I admit he looks pretty hot in the picture Shelley posted. I don't like the ones of Indy sporting a full beard, though. Makes his face look too fat. ;)

Sorry I can't be of help Rebadams. I'm not very knowledgable about such things. I'd definitely like to see that picture, though, if you ever find a way. :)
  23. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Well, I still say I like Harrison better without all the facial hair, although I admit he looks pretty hot in the picture Shelley posted.

:eek: Wowsers! I sure have to agree with that, Sologal. [face_love]

:)
  24. set271 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hot hot hot! :)

I mentioned on the other thread that I saw the picture in the Insider Squibs story and immediately thought of Leela. I think the beard works for him! :)
  25. Solo_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mmmmm... He does look very nice, although I think I prefer him without the beard. Han Solo was HF looking his best I think!!! :D
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.