main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by boushh2187, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Hey, I have a favour to ask...

I want to put up a picture of the Valentine Comic panel where Han and Leia are just about to kiss on my website, but I have no scanner or any access to one at the time. Could anyone be so kind as to send me a scan of this? I would be eternally grateful. Thank you... :)

2. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Tara, if nobody has offered already, I'll be happy to do the scan for you. Just let me know. :)

Solo_Skywalker, I agree that HF was at his absolute yummiest during the late 70s/early 80s. :D

3. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    I don't have much to say except... Happy Friday, everyone! :)

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I see from TFN front page that Harrison is going to be in my state in July to serve as Master of Ceremonies for the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Very interesting. I'd be tempted to go, but I can't afford the $150.00 a plate dinner. :( I wonder if he'll visit the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum while he's there? Maybe I could conveniently bump into him there. ;)

5. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Give him our regards, Sologal! :D

Do we know if everyone has been able to read TG by now? As much as I want to start rereading, I figure I'll wait until more people have finished. :)

6. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I'd think everyone would have had a chance to read Tatooine Ghost by now. Well, except for poor Yanksfan. ;) Unfortunately, though, it seems that most of the Han and Leia fans have disappeared for one reason or another. I've been extremely busy myself, but I'm hoping things will slow down soon because I'd really like to continue our discussion. I'm slowing plodding my way through a re-read, but I know there are some really good parts coming up that I'd love to talk about. :)

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    sologal: :mad:

Just because I don't have a computer, doesn't mean I don't see things....

Yanksfan is like the all powerful force that way.

8. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Sorry Yanksfan. I couldn't resist. [face_devil]

9. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Hey! Just up-ing this thread!!! :D

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Think this could use another up. :)

11. imnotacommittee

imnotacommittee Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    I know this has probably been discussed before, but since people want to bump the thread up, how about this question:
    How do you think the NJO (or any of the EU) would have turned out if Han and Leia made different choices regarding their family? Personally, I always disliked Leia becomming so involved in politics. I'm not saying she could NOT have done both (career/domestic), but it would have been nice to see her not regret her choices years later.

12. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    That's a good question. I never really liked the idea of Leia getting so involved in politics either, although I suppose it was a natural progression for her. I do think, however, that she could have been involved to a lesser degree, maybe working as an ambassador or something along those lines that didn't keep her so tied down all of the time. Like you, it's not that I think she couldn't juggle both career and family, in fact I think she did a pretty good job at that, but personally I just think she was a more interesting character in warrior mode.

I'm not sure how this would have affected their family life or how it would have made the EU or NJO different. As far as their children are concerned, I think their destinies were already pretty much cast in stone. I'd say that had Leia been able to spend more time with her children, then maybe Jaina wouldn't have been so resentful, but since that storyline seemed to come out of nowhere anyway, I'm not sure that's even a valid comment. Maybe there wouldn't have been a need to send the kids away for the first two years of their lives if they'd had both parents around to protect them. But then again, the reason they were sent away in the first place was to shield them from dark side forces, so that probably wouldn't have made any difference. Then, of course, they spent the bigger part of their young lives at Luke's academy. Here again, I can't see how any other choices Han and Leia made would have changed this. The fact that their children were all born force-sensitive pretty much pre-determined the role they'd play in life.

Just as a side note, if I could have picked a career, so to speak, for Han and Leia I'd have them doing covert work. Some of my favorite moments with them have been when they've gone undercover on information gathering missions. That's something that Han is very good at considering his underworld experience and contacts. Leia has the diplomatic abilities that balance out Han's gruffer means of retrieving information. They make a wonderful, accomplished team and I would have liked to see them work together more often. And I've personally felt that Han's talents were being wasted in the role that he's played throughout much of the EU, although I liked the times he served as Leia's bodyguard. That's something else he's good at. :)

13. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Oh my goodness, it's been awhile! :)

Sorry about my most recent disappearance. April was REALLY busy. I was out of town much of the time and unable to get online. Visiting the folks... who will apparently never ever have a reliable internet connection. :)

But in case anyone's still around... great topic/great comments, imnotacommittee and Sologal! :)

I would actually expect her to go into politics, but I wish she'd have been written as a bit more attentive to Han and her family. I know she's unfailingly devoted to the Republic as she was the Rebellion, but I guess I thought she'd learned a lesson or two about priorities in ESB. :)

And Sologal, I totally agree about Han's talents being wasted in much of the EU. Way back in HTTE, I think the whole thing started with him acting as somewhat of a ambassador to the smugglers (if I remember correctly), and I thought that was a great role for him -- it had dramatic possibilities and suited his particular talents. But that was just a temporary thing, I guess, and like you said his role hasn't been that clear for awhile.

Anyway, great comments, and as I said on the other thread I'll try not to be a stranger this month. :)

14. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Up! Almost time for the next NJO book. Thus far I've been pretty happy with how Han and Leia have been written in the previous two FH books. :)

I'm off to a book event at a local Barnes and Noble. Mathew Woodring Stover, the author who wrote Traitor and the clone wars Shatterpoint novel, is in town. I don't own Shatterpoint, but I'll have him sign my copy of Traitor. :) I also want to inquire whether all three visions of Anakin that Jacen has in Traitor are just Vergere, or if he ever really does appear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.