main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Welcome to the thread for all Han and Leia fans.

Here, everyone and all opinions are welcome to discuss Fanfic, Fanart, Profic, Proart, the movies, and anything else we can think of.

So climb the ladder up to the Club House and join in the fun :D

2. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    *said like Mr. Burns* Ex-cel-lent.

So this is basically a Han and Leia free for all, right? Nice!

*cracks knuckles in anticipation* All right, let the Han and Leia discussion begin.

Um, as master of ceremonies, Leela, would you like to start us off? :D

3. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    free for all within reason, yes. Flaming will not be tolerated.

Ok, topic for discussion -

When do you think Han fell for Leia? And when do you think he realised he had fallen for her?

4. FanboyHolocaust

FanboyHolocaust Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    I think he fell for her in the trash compactor, definately.

5. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I have arrived :D

Great thread, Leela! So it's like an all and everything Han/Leia thread, right for all opinions? Awesome :D

I'd say Han fell for Leia shortly before ESB. I'm thinking at Ord Mantell maybe her life was put in danger and he realized what it would be like to lose her (which made him decide to leave to pay off his debt.). Realizing that he was in love with her, which would scare the hell of of him since it was pretty obvious in ANH he had no plans to get emotionally attached to *anyone*. But I think he *really* knew how much she meant to him was sometime during ESB after kiss. I think it affected both of them more than they had ever imaged. By the time he saw "I know" he was totally gone [face_love]

There was definitely an attraction right from the beginning, and it came to a boiling point in ESB, I think :)

6. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I think Han fell for Leia at the end of ANH, when they return from the Battle of Yavin. Of course, there's an instant attraction between them during the Death Star escape but it's sorta masked in both of them by their little facades.

I think by the start of ESB Han has realised he's fallen for her because he's actively pursuing her, albeit in a light-hearted kinda way. :)

7. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    I think he fell for her gradually over the 3 years between ANH and ESB, only realising it sometime towards the end of that period. Which probably scared the hell out of him, I figure Ord Mantell works just as well for the turnaround point -- before them I see him pursuing her more as a way of riling her, making her drop the royalty facade rather than because he had to be with her.

I don't think that makes any sense, but if you read Luke's Girl by XF Scully, that's what I think happened ;)

Great thread Leela!

8. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks Elektra! XF Scully's "Luke's Girl" is one of my favorite fics too. :)

9. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Oooooh! Another Han and Leia thread. Count me in. I don't have time at the moment to add my comments but will do so later. :)

10. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I'd say it was somewhere between ANH and ESB. Though there was some major sparks flying in the first film, I don't think he actually fell for her there...

11. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Okay, to answer the question. I think Han fell for Leia at some point in ANH. Not sure exactly when, the sparks were flying almost from the get go. I think he realized he had fallen for her around the time of the ESB when he knew he had to leave and probably couldn't figure out why he was dragging his feet.

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I think Han fell for Leia sometime between ANH and ESB.

There are sparks between the two in ANH, to be sure [face_love], but I don't think either fell for the other in it...

Since my first viewing of ANH in 1995 it seemed to me as if they both had emotional baggage and/or issues to deal with before either was really willing to be open with one another... and even then, there's that love/hate relationship I so adore. [face_love]

When I saw ESB for the first time, this feeling was reinforced by the fact that they were still in pretty much the same place as they were at the end of ANH. Nothing in terms of a relationship had changed. In ESB though, Han, and then Leia, finally admit to the other (and probably themselves! ;)) that they have feelings that aren't based solely on friendship, but romance. [face_love]

That's MHO, at least. ;)

~*~Bria

13. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

There can never be too many H/L threads, that's what I'm alway saying anyhow.

I also thought that Han first fell for Leia in the trash compactor. I don't think he was ready to admit it to even himself until ESB.

14. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, trash compactor. Or, right outside it actually. You know, when they were shooting at the stormies.

When he knew? That's anyone's guess, but I'd say right before ESB. Come on, when he's telling her 'looks like this is it...' he was already planning out the honeymoon. Well maybe not, but you know..

15. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    LOL, Yanksfan.

Yeah, there was definitely *something* at the beginning. And Han was interested in her, maybe not as a *soulmate* but as something significent. You know, when he says the "You think a Princess and a guy like me?" and winks at her, he's got a thing for her at least whether he wants to admit that or not ;) But Leia wasn't ready, Alderaan and all, and so she didn't really give him any encouragement, which is *why* I think it took him so long to get up the courage to kiss her. If she rejected him, he knew how much it would hurt him and he didn't want to risk it.

That's my incoherent take on it anyways :)

16. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I think since it wasnt really scripted for Leia and Han to fall for each other in ANH, all we see in the movie is good old-fashioned flirting. So it probally had to be sometime after ANH that they fell in Love with each other.

17. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I think maybe at first it was more the challenge then anything that spurred Han's interest. Particularly after Luke's reaction to his comment about "a Princess and a guy like me". But over time, as he came to know her better, I think he actually began to wonder if it was possible for such different people to have a relationship. So by the time the ESB takes place, he knows he's feeling something for her, although maybe he's not quite sure what, and their conversation in the South passage was his attempt at trying to determine exactly what she felt for him. :)

18. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ahhhh...the scene in the south passage. Sometimes I wish as a surprise element he would have just grabbed her by the shoulders and planted one on her lips. I bet deep down she was wishing he would too. ;)

19. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    If wishes were fishes...or something or other.

It could totally be possible that he liked her right away, but not not her liking him. She could've been put off by his "money money money" routine.

20. LovelyLeia

LovelyLeia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2001

I think that Han fell for Leia before she fell for him. She was attractive to him right from the first, but I think that she needed time to get to know who he really was before she fell in love with him. I would say that Han fell for her the moment he saw her. Leia fell in love some time inbetween ANH and ESB but tried hard to hide it.

21. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Very true Corran. It took awhile for Leia to see behind the mercenary facade that Han erected.

22. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I agree for a couple reasons, but the main one is that she was very goal oriented toward the Rebellian. It came first and she wasn't really looking for anything else. Han believed in it eventually, but in the beginning he did more out of feelings for his friends.

23. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    Ooooh! This is going really well! :D

I think he was definately interested in her by the end of ANH, and was in love with her by the start of ESB.

And, I agree, I think he fell for her before she fell for him. Neither wanted a relationship. They were both emotionally crippled by their past. Yet there was a compelling kinship between them because of that.

I too think something happened on or around the time of Ord Mantell.

24. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    All right, I gotta another question to pose: when did they tell Luke that something was going on?

Now, okay, before you all jump in with "right after ESB, of course!" keep this in mind: there was some reference in Truce at Bakura that Luke 'wasn't sure' what the deal was with them. I dunno if we take it his statement at face value, but it's something to chew on....so really, when did Luke find out about them?

25. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

Something must of happened for Han to have expected a different reaction from Leia when he said goodbye to her in the command center. Then there was that whole conversation in the South passage. That causes me to believe that they had gotten close inbetween the two movies. I don't think it got to the point where they were lovers, but something must of happened that gave Han the impression that they could become such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.