main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Thanks boushh, I appreciate it.

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    About the show, who's being interviewed? I think Sweetheart already asked this, but I don't think anyone responded.

3. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Hmm did anyone else read CMinor's fic? Just wondering what you guys think of it... :)

4. leia393

Mar 24, 2001
    C_Minor the fanfic is starting out great. Good job! Sorry I can't think of any suggestions on where to take things from here. So I'll just offer positive encouragement. :)

5. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    leia393: I can't find if the show will be repeated, or who the guest will be... Do you know anyone with a VCR who gets the channel? :( I'll be taping it for sure, and I can try to remember enough to post a summary someplace...

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Sorry, with all that's been going on lately, I failed to comment on C Minor's fic. In a nutshell, I'd say it's off to a good start. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't have any good ideas as to where to take it and can only offer my encouragement. :)

7. leia393

Mar 24, 2001
    Thanks for trying boushh2187. The only TV that has cable is in the lounge and a VCR can't be hooked up to it. :( I appreciate the effort, though.

8. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    Aaahhh...feels good to be back. I've spent the weekend in NY with no internet, and now...I HAVE RETURNED. :D

Which CMinor fic are we talking about? Can someone gimmie a link?

9. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    mena_lyn -- I think the CMinor fic they are referring to is a couple pages back in this thread -- it's a beginning that's looking for a 'what happens next?'

CMinor: The beginning looks great! The only thing I can think of is for Han and Leia to go crawling through spacers bars on an information hunt - complete with bucketloads of UST of course ;) Oh, and Luke and Chewie were left guarding the Falcon. Conveniently. :D

10. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey mena! :D

Has anyone here read the fanfic at the Corellian Embassy? It had Han's thoughts right before he turned back on the Death Star. Interesting interpretation on why Han went back and stayed with the Rebellion...

11. leia393

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool sweetheart, what's the fanfic called?

12. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Here's the fanfic leia fanfic.

Martha Wilson's fanfics are back on the CE. I think her best fic is Secrets, where Leia betrays Han's trust.

Oh, and check out the official Star Wars site apparently you can win SBS by next week if you win...

I'm surprised they're doing this because of the problems Rebirth had last time with spoilers...

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oh, thanks for the info, sweetheart. :)

I might as well enter, as I've been pretty lucky lately. :D

~*~Bria

14. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been silent lately. Combination of having to be off line until we could update our Anti-virus to cope with this latest nasty, and some minor surgery. The General Anesthetic really knocked me this time though.

C-Minor - GREAT fic! :) Really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Birkendoc! Great to see you here too! Yes, I agree; the older I get, the less fondness I have for Jedi. And the more I appreciate good fanfic, ESPECIALLY AU :D

And all you other newbies I've forgotten the names of :p WELCOME :)

15. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    That "Mordred" fic was darn good! And I'm thrilled to see Martha's fics back at the Corellian Embassy. My favorite of hers would have to be "Resolutions". SOOOOOOOO good :)

16. Elektra

Mar 18, 2001
    I'm delighted to see Martha Well's stuff back up at the Embassy -- some really good stuff there! I love Trying Again, but I guess I'll just have to go and rediscover them all. Oh dear. :D

Leela - hope the surgery went ok!

17. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I've read that fic sweetheart. Interesting idea to say the least, but not one I'd agree with.

I'm sure I've probably read Martha Well's fics but I'll have to go back and read them again. I tend to forget what fics I've read after a while and have to review them before realizing I've read them. The curse of poor memory recall.

18. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I feel the same way Sologal. There's many, fanfics I read out there that I enjoy but I don't see happening so I just look at them as AU. Same with some pro-fic :p

Marth Wells is the only fanfic writer in SW I know of that's a professional writer too. (I think Dianora has some published stuff too though...) I was delighted to see her fics back up; I heard she had left the fandom due to a fight a few years ago.

I can't remember if I read Resolution, is that up on the CE?

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Scans of Infinities #3 for those interested. :)

Infinities #3

I hope you enjoy. :)

~*~Bria

20. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Thanks Bria for the scans, it seems like Han still cares deeply for Leia. Aww what a guy :)

And this is on page two so up :)

21. Leela

Jan 17, 2001
    I think 'Resolutions' is still available in zine-form, so I don't think it'll be online for a little while.

It really is a brilliant read though. Han accompanies/taxis Leia to a meeting of diplomats, but the planet it's being held on demands them to be married. And the fun goes from there :D There's a lot of stuff with Chewie that is totally hysterical.

22. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Ah! I think I read that fic Leela. Or at least I read something similar. I remember the basic idea behind it anyway, but alas my memory fails me at the moment as to the details.

23. Elektra

Mar 18, 2001
    Ah -- now I remember! The zine is still in print as far as I know, and is available from Falcon Press. It's been on my 'to buy' list for years!

24. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I feel out of it...I hardly ever buy zines.

I just joined Zine Union and I am fascinated reading the wars between the zine editors and writers...Yikes..remind me never to start a zine.

It is a good place to read some intelligent, mature discussion though (I mean aside from the occasionaly wars)...The OZ has kind of been slacking in that area lately...In 1998 or so, OZ was really good for Leia discussion, but Zine Union is definitely the best for that now...

But speaking of zines did anyone get Kiss 1 and 2?

25. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.