main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    That picture was so funny I loved it, maybe if they tossed Jabba overboard they wouldn't sink?

I love the Han and Leia art, Leia beats Rose any time

2. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Yeah, it's a great pic.

HSP is down again. And not just the board, the whole site. ?[face_plain]

3. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I like it. One question or maybe two. Where is Luke? Is he dueling Vader? Or am I just blind?

4. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    He's dueling Vader by the propellers.

5. TreskImnel

TreskImnel Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Leela, Yanksfan, I'm really sorry to hear about your mothers' health troubles. :( I hope all goes well for them both. :)

BTW, I don't know if anyone's interested, but I started a lit forum speculation thread on possible pre-ANH novels about Leia. :) I'm new to TFN, are we allowed to link our threads in other forums, or is that considered spamming?

6. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
  7. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Couldn't stand to see this on the fifth page.

Where is everybody?

8. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I don't know if anyone's still around, but...

Happy birthday to Harrison, who turns 62 today (July 13th).

9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm here....now.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing this thread revived. I really wouldn't. I miss having a place to vent my Han/Leia angst.

Not that I really have 'angst' anymore. Being EU-free for over two years pretty much cures one of that.

But here I am, crying out into the void.....can anyone hear me?

10. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hi! This is my first post here. I used to post on HSP before its tragic demise, and I'm all for reviving this thread.

11. solonet

solonet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey guys, I just wanna say I missed you all, and I hope everyone is doing fine!
    Are you guys ready for the OT DVDs? I've beeb saving up since last year! :D

12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oooh, people!!

Yes, am most excited for DVDs. Me and my fellow fan friends have played lots of SW trivial pursuit, but never seen movies together. We plan on locking ourselves in apartment that weekend and gorging ourselves on them. Oh, yeah. Giddy up.

13. solonet

solonet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    lol, excellent~
    boy I wish I had someone to share my obsession with. ;)

14. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I haven't posted in a long, long time. I haven't been keeping up with what's going on in the SW fandom because I think that I got a little burnt out during the NJO years, but I had this familar itch flare up, and found that I suddenly had an urge to scratch it, after identifying the source of the rash as being my love for Han and Leia, I returned to here.

I just checked out the fan fiction section and found a lot over there to cure my ailment. My goodness, the H/L fan fiction writers have been busy! It's going to take me a while to catch up. I'm going to start with what looks like a very promising, and a very long story written by Ivylore. It's good to be back. :)

15. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey! I feel like I haven't been here in FOREVER! Sorry about that. :p

Update on my Mum - she just finished all her cancer treatment and is bouncing back brilliantly.

So what's new in the world of SW or, more importantly, H&L? I've been too excited with, and absorbed by Harry Potter fandom to pay SW much attention I'm afraid. [face_blush]

16. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey! I feel like I haven't been here in FOREVER! Sorry about that.

Update on my Mum - she just finished all her cancer treatment and is bouncing back brilliantly.

So what's new in the world of SW or, more importantly, H&L? I've been too excited with, and absorbed by Harry Potter fandom to pay SW much attention I'm afraid.

Hi Leela. That's very good news about your mum, so glad to hear it. :)

I've been out of the loop too, I've been off playing in another playground and have no idea what has been going on in Star Wars.

I noticed that a lot of the Han and Leia sites have gone by the wayside. That's a shame. I was surfing though and found an excellent Harrison Ford site, I think that I found it before but had forgotten about it. It's really very nice, and has an excellent forum where people post video clips.

If anyone is interested, here is the link.

HF

17. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    It's been a while since I visited this thread too. I'm afraid the NJO burned me out on SW as well. I've been suffering from a bad case of H/L withdrawal lately so I have been searching for some good H/L fan fiction. I've become very selective as to what I'll read, though. I absolutely refuse to read anything having to do with the NJO timeframe. :(

Leela, I'm so glad to hear that your mother is doing well. That's certainly great news! :)

I am excited about the release of the OT DVD's though. The day is fast approaching and that's one set of DVD's I can't wait until Christmas to receive. ;)

18. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Hi Sologal,

I found a lot of stories that look promising, but I've only started reading one of them so far, and I would highly recommend it. It's by ivylore and takes place right after the battle of Endor. Reading it is just like watching Han and Leia from the movies.

Here's the link

Return to the Corporate Sector

19. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Thanks for the link, Ginger. I did find Ivylore's story and am up to date on it. It's an excellent story! I've been anxiously waiting for Ivylore's return for the next installment. I've also found a number of other stories that look promising and am looking forward to reading them. :)

According to a thread on the Literature board, the Troy Denning post NJO trilogy now has a title. Apparently it is titled Star Wars/Dark Nest with the individual titles of The Joiner King, The Unseen Queen and The Swarm War. I haven't seen any official announcement so I don't know where the information came from. All of the survivors from the NJO are said to appear.

20. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Hey, just droping by... I was reading some pages, I read this on page 1...

Realizing that he was in love with her, which would scare the hell of of him since it was pretty obvious in ANH he had no plans to get emotionally attached to *anyone*.

Just had to commet on this one.. ;)

The day before he had just learned of Bria's suicide, which makes his attitude make sense in the movie towards her... ;)

Personally, I adore H/L.. Most other romances in Star Wars just kinda bore me, their's doesn't...

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, it's cool to see this thread active again. I haven't been here in a long, LONG time. Maybe I should stick around this time.

Anyway, I have to agree with all the H/L fan fiction lately. I've been having a field day going around and reading all of them. ;)

Most other romances in Star Wars just kinda bore me, their's doesn't...

I have to agree with you. No offense to Anakin/Padme fans, but I just don't believe their romance. In fact, it's the butt of a lot of jokes between me and my friends. Give me Han and Leia anyday! :D

22. drumher

drumher Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2003
    It's good to see everybody again. I'm not a frequent poster but I do drop by on occasion to see what everybody's talking about and chime in when I feel I can contribute. I don't know what inspired me to surf in today but I'm glad I did! Imagine letting all this activity pass me by. Course, I had a bit of a brain fart when it came to remembering my login info but I got that figured out so I'm good to go.

I haven't read any H/L fanfic lately so I'll have to spend some serious time catching up. I am looking forward to Denning's trilogy, as I feel he writes H/L well. I know they won't be the main focus but as long as they get equal time with L/M, it's all good.

I have mixed feelings about the OT DVD due out this year. Yes, I want to own them since my tapes are slowly disentegrating, but, I'm rather annoyed at George for only releasing the revamped versions. IMO, no amount of special effects could improve on the original classics. What's with that new music video scene in Jabba's Palace anyway? Surely there must have been some deleted scenes with major characters that would've fleshed out the story better than this lame musical interlude.

Sorry for the rant. Don't even get me started on the Prequels...

Sandy

23. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001

:)

I like the prequels. Han and Leia are still my favorite, but I like A/P too; I think their tragic romance provides a nice contrast to Han and Leia's happy romance. Both H/L and A/P are light years above any EU romance.

Bria does not fit into continuity, as far as I'm concerned. When we first meet Han, he isn't in the least heartbroken. As for him being suspicious of women, him cannoodling with "Jenny" sure doesn't indicate it.

I'd love for Lucas to put the "Jenny" bit back into the cantina scene for the OT DVDs. But I'm happy with whatever version we get. There are some SE changes I don't care for, but then there are some things about the pre-SE versions of the movies that I don't care for as well.

24. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    I like Bria, and no Han's not the type to be heart broken, and I think she and her death fits perfectly with his cold attitude towards Leia at first in ANH...

A/P just doesn't give me the same happy feelings that they do(Maybe because I dislike Anakin)..

25. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I don't think Han was cold at all toward Leia. If anything, their relationship started out setting off white-hot sparks. Plus there's the hug in the trash compactor, him winking at her in the medal ceremony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.