main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Hey, y'all. If you haven't already bought the OT DVD's it might be worth it to go get them, because on the "bonus materials" DVD there is a documentary called Empire of Dreams

It's worth getting the DVDs just for the widescreen digital Han hotness, as Yanks described it in her Live Journal. :D

Not to mention, the widescreen digital Han/Leia scenes. Their banter in ANH and the beginning of ESB made me smile all over again. The Falcon kiss made me swoon all over again. The carbon freezing scene broke my heart all over again. And their sweet devotion to each other in ROTJ made me misty-eyed all over again.

Though I can see why the Bespin scene was cut, it was still nice to see it played out rather than just pics of it.

2. solonet

solonet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    Widescreen digital Han hotness? finally something can fit in between my incoherent gibbering when asked what do I think of the DVDs. :p Haha, I coudn't have said it better than you Yanks. :D

Did you guys get a chance to look through the photo galleries on that bonus disc? There are plenty of Han hotness to be found, too bad only one caught my attention. ;)

3. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Well...I mean, the appeal of widescreen digital Han hotness can NOT be overstated. Am I right?

As for the cut scene: I'm sooo very happy they included that. Finally, to see what we've been speculating about and trying to piece together through movie stills. So, thanks, Bonus Disc LFL people for indulging us.

That said, I'm really glad that's the scene that didn't make it into the movie. I think what we were given was much better. I don't know, Leia just seemed to oome off as kinda indifferent and bitchy...and she should be past that by now. And Han? I dunno he seemed just...Hungry Like the Wolf. Although, I guess Han would be like that, so yeah....

"She should be past that by now..." Listen to me. Like I have a right to dictate to the LFL people how the H/L story arc should go.

I'm getting too big for my britches.

*dissolves into mist*

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    This place has been active lately!

I have to agree the deleted Han and Leia Bespin scene makes the DVD's worth the price. :) It's nice to finally see what we missed, but I have to concur that the way it ended up in the film is the best. Han did look a little predatory in the deleted scene. ;) I am disappointed, however, that the Special features DVD didn't include a segment on the other deleted scenes. I would love to see the 'Jenny' scene from ANH and the sand storm scene from ROTJ on something bigger then 17".

5. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    I guess that's the only way they can keep "Star Wars: Behind the Magic" on the market. ;)

6. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Pokes head out after being AWOL for, oh, two years. Been dabbling in the Buffy fandom, but the release of the OT has brought me back. Thought I'd say hi and start poking around again.

LEELA!!! Hugs, long lost friend! I miss seeing you on IM! don't be a stranger.

Hugs to Yanks and Sweetie too!!

7. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I was flipping through the ROTJ photo gallery on the extras DVD. My two favorite pics were the portrait of Carrie (in the bikini, but for once it's not a "cheesecake" photo) looking contemplative, and a shirtless Harrison catching some rays in the desert while filming the Jabba's barge scenes.

8. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    'doc, omigod!!! How you've been you ol' pirate, so good to see you!

And welcome back! Dude, you gotta stick around though. :p

You know, I'm beginning to think that I really need to check out those DVD stills. I just kinda ignored them. Hmph....seems like I'm missing out on stuff though.

9. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    Yep! That's the one Shelley! He's lookin' fine in that picture, and the ripped shirt? *hmmm, ripped....* :D

Is Tara's site back on? I suddenly have this urge to read H/L smut fics, lol.

10. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Yep! That's the one Shelley! He's lookin' fine in that picture, and the ripped shirt? *hmmm, ripped....*

Mmm...ripped shirt...and the ripped bod underneath it...

Something tells me Yanks will have to be physically restrained from attacking her TV screen while viewing the photo galleries. :D

The characterization in the deleted Bespin scene is weird and not consistent with what takes place between H/L before or after.

But that is one delicious kiss.

I can picture Carrie saying, "Um, Kersh...maybe we ought to film some more takes of that. Like about twenty takes."

11. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    So, I did my SW homework and checked out those image galleries on the DVDs. Yay, fun!!

I think my favorite was actually in the ESB batch. It's the one where (Han/Leia? Harrison/Carrie? Does anyone know who the hell they're supposed to be in that picture?) were standing on the boarding ramp. I just thought that was beyond the pale adorable for some reason.

Oh, and naturally I loved the pic of Harrison catching some rays in the desert. I mean, good god! I *finally* got my shirtless Han! Thanks DVDs!!!!!

But yeah, all those photos were fun to browse through. It seemed that there were a lot of pictures where both Carrie and Mark were laughing their asses off. It made me feel left out or something. Like, I was missing out. I wanted to be like "include me! include me! Let me in on the joke!!" Too fun.

Good stuff though. Definitely. :)

12. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    And the captions didn't help much either, "so and so share a private joke on the set"...and? what joke!? :p

I wouldn't mind seeing that kiss scene in the movie, although it's a bit to much for the typical on screen Star Wars romance. I remember Irvin Kershner said the falcon kiss is alomst equivalent to intercorse for the adults, lol.

13. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

Just dropping a note to say that a new Han/Leia Fanfic Index has been started on the Writer's Resource. 70 new fics have been added since last year!

14. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Is there anywhere I can see these new pics of Han and Leia from the DVDs? I can't afford them :'(

15. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Cat, try this link, which has a lot of stuff related to the Empire of Dreams special that aired on A&E. It doesn't have all the pics, but it has quite a bit of stuff on the website.

16. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

Dropping another note to say that a new message board has been set up for Han/Leia lovers. Princess and the Scoundrel

Please check it out and don't be bashful about joining and posting. Welcome all!!

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm so psyched that there's a new H/L fanfic index :D It managed to lead me back here. Well, I don't know if I've actually posted in this thread before. I'm all ghetto and old skool and have only posted at the Deli :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Comes in*

Hmmm, I am intrigued by this thread....

All female posters.....hmmmm....

Is this like the secret EU sleepover?

:D

Well, as a guy I thought Han and Leia's romance was very well done. The two are perfect for eachother, and how they overcame their obstacles is a very nice romantic tale....

I don't know, however, about "widescreen digital Han hotness"....

Interesting [face_thinking]

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, I have to agree - the deleted Han/Leia scene makes the DVDs worth it. I'm not too crazy about the set as a whole, but when that part came around on Empire of Dreams, I went nuts. It was really nice to see it.

And those are some damn fine pictures of Han in the photo galleries. He's so hot! [face_love]

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I do like the set, but I definitely agree about that scene. We've always been able to see a few pictures from it now and again, but actually seeing it's different. I do think I like the scene the way it is in the films, but it was nice to see the other fabled version anyway.

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

Thanks for the links to the index and the new H/L sites, those are cool.

22. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Pokes head out after being AWOL for, oh, two years. Been dabbling in the Buffy fandom, but the release of the OT has brought me back. Thought I'd say hi and start poking around again.
    LEELA!!! Hugs, long lost friend! I miss seeing you on IM! don't be a stranger.

DOC!!! *hugs back*
    I'm not in here as often as I should be either. *hangs head in shame* Spending most of my playtime in Harry Potter Land now. :p

Re the new DVDs... Still way behind. I did watch ANH. But... shirtless Han you say???! *wibble* Must find!
    As Yanks would say - "giddy up!" [face_devil] :D

23. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I love the DVD set. The picture is beautiful, the sound is great, and the extras disc has fascinating stuff on it.

24. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Today is Carrie Fisher's 58th birthday.

Happy birthday, Carrie!

25. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Wait....don't you mean 48th? Or am I having a brain fart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.