Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Oops! I'm so embarrassed...yes, I meant 48th.

*vaguely in the direction of Hollywood* Sorry, Carrie!
  3. Eagle888 Jedi Knight

star 1
    58?! Dang, Shelley, Carrie ain't that old! :p
  4. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Aquarius_1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    (looks around) Anybody home...?

While I'm bummed that I had to dig through something like seven pages of topics to find the best one (this one!) I'm glad I had the patience to get here eventually! I adore Han and Leia and never miss an opportunity to talk about them.

I've been reading the posts for several days. I tried to start at the beginning with the idea of getting caught up (I laughed when so many people thought this thread was "redundant"!). I hope that this is just a temporary lull and that not everybody has bailed from here. I already know some of the people who have been participating (Hi, Yanks!) and look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977 and a Han and Leia fan since the beginning. You can see some of the results of my devotion in the links in my sig line.

I hope you all come back soon. This looks like fun!
  6. Leela Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Aquarius_1977! I recognise you from Live Journal. :D
    Welcome to our Han/Leia thread. :)
  7. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Aquarius_1977! Wow! I clicked on the link in your sig and was treated to a feast. That's a great website. I now got it included on my list of bookmarks.
  8. Aquarius_1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Leela--glad I found you on lj; when HSP went down I was beside myself, wondering where I'd find your work!

Ginger--Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. Glad you like my place. Have I seen you recently at the Playground?
  9. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4
    You're very welcome, Aquarius. I just recently registered with the playground but I haven't posted there. I've been busy trying to catch up with the posts. I like how there's a section for Harrison and Carrie, and especially enjoyed reading the discussion on Carrie's latest book and her interview of Eddie Fisher.
  10. Aquarius_1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm so glad to hear it! We try hard to offer lots of different things to members. With so many boards out there, who wants the same old thing, you know?
  11. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Feast your eyes upon this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/forcefed73/SWVanityFULL2.jpg]

Look on the right...Carrie hugging Harrison. Squee!
  12. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

<h1>Where is everyone???</h1>

* echoes *
  13. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I was just over at Harrison Ford Heaven. They were talking about a new book out about Harrison, and the author dropped in. Apparently this guy is a huge Harrison Ford fan, and wrote a detail account of Ford's movie making career while straying away from Harrison's personal life.

Judging the book by the cover ;) it's looks pretty good.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0786420162.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
  14. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't visited this site in ages! I wasn't even sure I'd remember my password.

Yeah, LadyPadme, we did all seem to abandon this thread, didn't we? That's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer it. ;) Maybe when the first book in Troy Denning's new trilogy is released and have new H/L material to read, we'll all be motivated to come back. :)

Speaking of Troy Denning's trilogy, does anyone know when the first book is supposed to be released? I am under the impression that the first one would be released sometime in 2005 but I haven't heard an exact date.

Thanks for the HF info, Ginger. Next time I'm in a bookstore I'll have to check that one out. :D

EDIT: Strike question #2. I found a thread in literature with release dates. For those who have been out of the loop like me, the first book in Troy Denning's trilogy is scheduled for release on July 26. The book cover has already been released and it features our favorite scoundrel. :) To check it out, follow the link. (I hope I can remember how to do this. ;) )

book cover

Book number two is scheduled for release on September 26 and the third book sometime in December. No exact date given for that one.

Oh, and pardon any typing errors I may have not caught. I am so out of practice. My fingers don't seem to remember where all the right keys are. ;)
  15. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello? Can I join? *face begging*

PS... that book cover is really... hot...

Edit - I have read over at the literature threads (where all the young kids hang out) that they are hoping the Denning Trilogy is all about Jacen/Jaina/Ben!?/Tahiri.. etc. because all those 'grownups' like Han, Leia, Luke are too old! :eek: :eek:

(they never mention that Mara is too old to write about.... I wonder why?)
  16. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, geez. Ewan is so hot in that pic.... =P~
  17. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4
    Sologal, thanks so much for posting the book information. I too have been out of the loop and I was wondering when that book was coming. The cover grabbed my attention! I'll have to buy it for that alone. I know what you mean about being out of practice. I'm having trouble remembering the little tricks like how to do markup codes and links. It's really bizarre considering how this used to be second nature to me back in the days that we visited daily.

GreatOne, you are more than welcome. :)

With Han on the cover on the book and with Troy Denning writing it, I think it's a safe bet that there will be plenty of the 'old folks' in print. Writing the classic characters is supposed to be Troy's specialty.
  18. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    With Han on the cover on the book and with Troy Denning writing it, I think it's a safe bet that there will be plenty of the 'old folks' in print. Writing the classic characters is supposed to be Troy's specialty. - I hope so!!

(I do plan on thumbing through the book prior to plunking down my money, though!) ;) :p
  19. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't believe people have been posting in this thread and I didn't know it. My topic notification must not be working. :(

I certainly plan on checking out Troy Denning's trilogy. While I didn't particularly like his NJO book (the title escapes my memory), it wasn't because of his portrayal of Han and Leia. I thought he wrote them very well. And I was delighted with the way he wrote them in the Valentine short story and Tatooine Ghost. :) Mr. Denning has proven to me that he's quite capable of doing them justice. I just hope there's enough of Han and Leia in the trilogy to make it worth my while.

Thirteen days and counting! I've already pre-ordered my opening day ticket for Revenge of the Sith. I'm really starting to get excited about seeing this movie. :D

And speaking of Revenge of the Sith, I read something in a preview of the movie in Entertainment Weekly the other day that greatly disappointed me. According to what was said in this preview, an early draft of the script called for a 10 year old Han Solo to have a small but important role. It has always been my dream that a young Han would appear in the third movie, but alas it is not to be. :(

20. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4
    And speaking of Revenge of the Sith, I read something in a preview of the movie in Entertainment Weekly the other day that greatly disappointed me. According to what was said in this preview, an early draft of the script called for a 10 year old Han Solo to have a small but important role. It has always been my dream that a young Han would appear in the third movie, but alas it is not to be.

I read that too, and it made me go, "Awww, shucks."

I would have loved to seen Han as a boy in the movies. Oh, well. At least we'll have old Han in the upcoming Denning novel.
  21. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    What is it they say, "Old Han is better than no Han at all!"

I, for one, was not too upset at the thought of not having a 10 year old Han in Episode III. Haven't we had enough "cutesy" kid in TPM? Yucch! There just would have been no point to it. It's a huge galaxy out there, and we don't need to see all the parts before they connect. It would be inconceivable that everyone in that galaxy knew each other before ANH.
  22. SomeoneWhoLovesYou Force Ghost

star 1
    Words cannot describe how much I love the relationship between Han and Leia. But I can't deny how much I love the relationship between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, from Pride and Prejudice.

As I was watching the new Pride and Prejudice Trailer, the first one. Keira Knightley says "From the first moment I met you, Your arrogance made me realize you were the last man in the world, I could ever marry." He makes a move to her face, like he's going to kiss her.

For some reason, I'm like, "I can see Leia saying those words, and Han doing that!"

I have the A&E Pride and Prejudice on DVD with Colin Firth, and by watching that, I don't know why I never put two and two together. Obviously the bickering between the couples are the same.

It's kind of twisted around, at certain times... Leia being the like Mr. Darcy: Dignified ("rich" is kind of the word I'm looking for) and of course stubborn. Han being like Elizabeth, strong willed and stubborn also, not coming from a "rich" background.

The trailer to the new movie is all I can go on, but at the end of it, he says "You have bewitched me, body and soul." From the fan fictions about Han and Leia, that's exactly what happens. The ones I read anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
  23. PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    *waves* Hello again! This thread deserves to be at the top!

I think I already replied to this on LP's site, but I definitely see resemblances between Leia and Han and Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Leia is very strong-willed and spirited, like Elizabeth, and also has misconceptions about Han (thus, prejudices) as Lizzy does with Darcy. Darcy seems to be constantly going after Lizzy in lieu of her cold behavior toward him, as is true with Han. These resemblances definitely made my experience reading the book much more fun, and I can't wait until the movie comes out!

As for the new Denning book, I think that might actually be one that I pick up. I'll probably wait to see how other H/L fans react to it first, though. ;) If there's realistic Han and Leia interaction I'm willing to break from my anti-EUness, if only for a bit.
  24. drumher Jedi Padawan

It's been a long while since I've posted and for that, I apologize, but there really hasn't been much in the way of new Han and Leia stuff to chat about. However, I'm halfway through the new Denning book, The Joiner King, and I am happy to say that it's very balanced in regards to the characters. If anything, Han and Leia seem to have more stuff going on than the others, and that's ok by me. Their banter is as fun as ever and they spend all their time together. Another bonus is the fact that Luke and Mara aren't hanging all over each other! Even more amazing is that Mara actually shows concern for someone other than herself or her farmboy. That's not to say that I like her any better but at least this book isn't making me dislike her more.

Here's a little sample of one of my favorite scenes:

""Very good." Leia leaned across and kissed his cheek. "You win the reward."
    "That's my reward?" Han complained. "I get that every day."
    "That could change, flyboy."

Go get the book and enjoy.
  25. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been a while since I've posted here myself.

Hey drumher, I have to say I agree with your assessment of The Joiner King. So far I've been very pleased with it. The interaction between Han and Leia is right on the money and there's so much of them in it you don't have to go more than a few pages before they show up again. And like you I actually find Mara to be a more likeable character. Like you say, she seems to actually be concerned for those other then Luke and Ben. And speaking of Ben, one of my favorite things in the book is the fact that 8 year old Ben Skywalker wants to be like his Uncle Han and do things the hard way. ;) :) The one thing about it that disturbs me though, is I get the feeling they're setting Han up with a new co-pilot so Leia can take a more active role in the rebuilding of the Galactic Alliance. I hope not. I really like the two of them working so close together.

I guess that's all I've got to say about it for now. I still have half the book to read so I'm sure I'll have something to add later.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.