main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks for the review! I have the book but I've only had time to read a few pages. So far I've been able to get through the non-H/L scenes and that's a very good sign.

2. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    That's good to hear. I think I'm going to enjoy this book.

3. drumher

drumher Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2003
    I'm glad to see that not all of the H/L fans haven't given up on the EU. I just finished the book today and I really liked it. I'm looking forward to the second book which I only have to wait another two months for! ARGH! Now, I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read it, but I'm excited to see how Leia progresses in the next two installments. All I'm gonna say is...it's about time, girl. I know Han will be there with her cause Denning knows better than to split them up. Don't know about the co-pilot issue.
    Interesting stuff going on with R2D2. Hmmmmmm. I wonder how much will be revealed to Luke and Leia. I just hope that it will be concluded in Denning's trilogy and not extended to the other 6 books that are being written. I don't think I could handle having to wait until the ninth book for the big payoff.
    I think young Ben has made an excellent choice of mentors in his uncle Han. The Jedi could use a little training in how to deal with things without relying on the force. I mean, how many times has the force deserted them due to a ysalmari being in the vicinity or some other big, bad dark side guy? Without it, they're useless! Han Solo could show them a thing or two about surviving by their wits with only a good blaster at your side.
    Jacen and Jaina are still question marks. Jacen seems to have figured out his place in the universe but he pretty much dropped out of the picture the last third of the book and Jaina's a...well, let's just say that she's changed.
    So, an excellent start and I'm looking forward to more. Huzzah for Mr Denning.

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I've finished The Joiner King and have to say I'm quite pleased with it. :D There certainly are some rather interesting developments in it and I can hardly wait until the next one. I felt this book was a return to the kind of Star Wars adventures that I love and was a breath of fresh air from the depressing storyline of the NJO saga. I'd like to say more but I'll have to save my thoughts for later since the harddrive crashed :( in mine and I'm having to use a library computer. Hopefully, I'll get mine back in the next day or two.

5. Silver_mane

Silver_mane Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Hello, Im a EU newbie and Han/Leia fanatic. So far I've read Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces Rising,Courtship, and Tatooine Ghost. I'm glad that most of these novels I've gone through offer many delicious moments for me to devour. Yum Yum!

I love the part in Courtship where Leia hums the Capt. Solo What a Man song. Pure gold.[face_laugh]

Edit: Athough I wish they didnt invent Isoldar(sp?), Bad writer *smacks him on the head*, Han's better than that Fabio wanna be any day. I thought Leia was OOC for even falling for the guy.

I plan on reading the Coreillian Trilogy next.

6. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome aboard Silver mame. COPL has some good moments in it, but I didn't care for Prince Fabio one bit.

7. Silver_mane

Jun 13, 2005
    Thanks Ginger, I'm getting closer to finishing The Thrawn trilogy and Coreillian Trilogy, any other Han/Leia books out there worth reading? Maybe more stories with with the both of them with thier children too. I find the kids rather likable in Coreillian series.

8. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Hi Silver mane, welcome to the clubhouse. :) A must read if you haven't already is a short story called Corphelion Interlude. It can be found in the paperback version of Tatooine Ghost. It's been a while since I've read them, but you might also try the Jedi Academy series, Jedi Academy, Dark Apprentice and Champions of the Force.

I've finished the second book in the Dark Nest series and I'm just as impressed with it as I was the first. My biggest complaint was the fact that Han and Leia are apart for most of the book, but they do think of each other occasionally. I did like that Han and Luke were working together. They make almost as great a team as Han and Leia. There is one major, major development that I find extremely exciting! It would definitely be considered spoiler information and since I can't find the correct color for hidden text, :( I'd better not post it. Troy Denning writes Han and Leia very well, but I thought he did an exceptional job with Han in this book. Still the smart mouthed, wise cracking scoundrel whose at his best in a crisis. :)

9. Silver_mane

Jun 13, 2005
    Dont worry about spoiling me Sologal, I read all of Troy's books first because Tatooine Ghost was so good. Leia kicks so much butt in Unseen Queen and TJK. I wish they would have made her training consistant after the Thrawn Trilogy.

As far as NJO goes, Im on Balance Point now, I'll go get 100000's of medpacs for Leia. Ive heard what happens to her and Han in this book. I have a feeling this one wont be one of my favs......[face_worried]

10. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    Nothing happens to Han. It's just Leia that gets beat up pretty bad. I'm a big Jacen fan, but he was kinda stupid in that book. Cept the end, then he was back to being awesome.

11. Silver_mane

Jun 13, 2005
    *thinks* Jacen and Awesome in the same sentence, What a paradox. Jacen and Pacifist mentioned at the same time that seems to fit better.

Back on topic: Why oh why abuse Leia so?! Her force abilities aren?t that weak?! Bad Balance Point, Bad novel *smacks it on the cover*, she was doing fine in TTT with her force abilities. Build on them please, she just isnt a politician now, she's Anakin's daughter you silly NJO writers. *waggles her finger at them* At least she's kicking butt and taking names in the Dark Nest Trilogy.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing Master"- Leia, Unseen Queen. I absolutly loved Leia/Han in TJK.

12. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Hey...I'm sort of new to the Club House. I've, uh...*guilty look* been a lurker here for a few weeks, just reading the 160+ pages of this thread.

I realize this has nothing to do with Troy Denning's current post-NJO trilogy (which seems to be the main choice of topic right now), but I have a question. Or, rather, a request. Does anyone know where I can find a place with a download for (The Find's) The Ballad of Han and Leia? I saw it was mentioned earlier, but I can't find a place that has it.

Thanks for any help. :)

PS - Glad to see H/L getting some attention!

13. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Hello Liesl, welcome to our thread. It's a bit odd to say that since I haven't been around much lately, again...

It took me forever to get through The Joiner King. I really like Han, Leia, Luke, Ben, and yes, even Mara in that book. I also found Jacen to be very interesting. However, I didn't like the story very much. It didn't hold my interest, so frequently I would have trouble understanding what was going on because I would put the book down and not pick it up for such a long time.

I have finally started The Unseen Queen and I'm liking this book a lot better than the first. I'm zipping right though this one.

14. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Any love for Han and Leia, and I'm here. :D

I'm tempted to read the Dark Nest trilogy.
    I really like Troy Denning (for Tatooine Ghost - my favorite book ever - but I haven't read Star By Star...I'm afraid I'll cry to no end), but only read one NJO book because I didn't what was going on. Stupid, I know, but I hated what happened to the characters. So I don't think I'll understand what's going on in The Joiner King of Unseen Queen.

15. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Hi Liesl. :) I know what you mean about Star By Star. It was definitely a depressing book to read. As far as the Dark Nest trilogy is concerned though, it doesn't have any or, at the least, very little connection to the NJO so you shouldn't have any trouble following the story.

And speaking of the Dark Nest trilogy, the next book in the series is scheduled for release on the 27th of December if memory serves me right.

Spoiler space for those who haven't read the Unseen Queen yet:

I wonder if Han and Leia will find out they're grandparents in the next book. ;)

16. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Thanks, that's good to know. I was at Border's yesterday and had The Joiner King and The Unseen Queen in my hands...I almost bought them, but bought the RotS paperback instead. Next time, though, I'll buy all three in the trilogy once the third book comes out next Tuesday. :)

*Spoiler Space*

I know what you mean about Han and Leia being grandparents...I've read the spoilers...I can't wait to read about their reaction.

NP edit: Please put spoiler space at the beginning AND end of the post so people can skip over it.

17. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001

Spolier Space

I?ve about half way through Unseen Queen so I've gotten to the part where Jacen meets his daughter, and I too can't wait to see Han and Leia's reaction to the baby. I think this is an exciting development. I'm liking Jacen a lot in these books. Jaina is a bit too strange for me though. I'm also enjoying Saba and Leia's relationship. There's a lot of comedy to it. For a change I don't really mind Leia and Han being apart because at least we're getting some good old fashion Han and Luke interaction, and we?re seeing Leia learning how to be a true part of the Jedi community. The different Jedi and their different personalities and view points have been mixed up well in this book so far.

End Spoiler Space

18. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Sorry about the spoiler space screw-up in the last post. [face_blush]

Spoiler Space

Ginger, you're the first person who I've heard likes the characterization of Jacen in the DN trilogy. Most have just been saying that they don't like the way Jacen seems to be heading toward the Dark side.

What is Han doing with Luke while Leia continues her Jedi training?

End Spoiler Space

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I just thought I'd pop in here and say Happy New '06!

20. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    I cant believe that on June 22 I'm the first one to post in this thread this year.

I like Han and Leia's relationship in LOTF Betrayal. They have several good moments together.

I also enjoyed seeing how they're perceived by the rest of the galaxy. For instance: "Han felt shock creep across his face. 'Incorruptible? When did I become incorruptible?'"

21. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    I know it's sooo 2005 of me to post to this reply - up I'm upping the anything with Han and Leia.!!! It's a good tread.

22. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Who will out-live the other? And how long can they live without the other???

-The Jawa Jedi

23. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    That's a good question, Jawas Poodo. Considering that Leia is 10 to 11 years younger then Han and women tend to out live men (at least in this galaxy ;)), my guess is Leia will out live Han. As to how long she would live after Han's demise, that's hard to say. Of the two of them I think Leia, though greatly missing Han, would be the one most likely to be able to get on with her life.

This may be old news around here, but while perusing TOS, I came across information on a book coming out in January 2007 called Allegiance I find intriguing and am looking forward to. According to the synopsis it takes place between ANH and TESB when Han and Leia still haven't figured out that they've fallen in love (or just don't want to admit it). [face_love] I'm not sure about the author chosen to write this book, Timothy Zahn, but hopefully he'll do Han and Leia justice. :)

24. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    *pops in to a new thread - for me anyway*

I love Han and Leia, and I love when they can actually go on missions together.
    I haven't read anything after TUF (The Unifying Force). I've heard so much mixed stuff about post-NJO, that I'm not sure if I want to. *shrug* Don't know.

I love how in Courtship, Leia eventually went back to Han, after all that with Isolder. He wasn't a bad guy, but she belongs with Han, and vise versa. :)

Just thought I'd come in and say how glad I am that this place is open.

25. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Oops, sorry I didn't reply. I been off chasing other interests. I don't remember now what was going on. I would have to refresh my memory but you probably don't care anymore. ;)

I've always had a soft spot for Jacen, and that still hasn't changed after reading the latest books. I don't know why but I can understand where he's coming from. I would love more exploration on his relationship with Han. They seem to be looking at the world from completely different angles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.