main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    You drew that?

I like it. :D

I liked the Han and Leia of the Movies betetr then how they've been portrayed in some of the EU.

2. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Beautiful drawing Leela.

3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Thanks to mena-lyn for posting the dialogue from the Ord Mantell comic book. I enjoyed it immensely, but I still like to think that Han and Leia's first kiss was on the Falcon during that trip to Bespin. :)

I thought that was one of your pic's Leela. I love that so much. You really draw Han and Leia very well. :)

4. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    sologal, I like to think of the Bespin one as their first kiss, too, so I just disregard that part. :D

*yawns* aahh...so, how is everyone this fine morning?

5. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    yeh, *ignores kiss* falcon! falcon!

leela, you have no idea how much I love that pic! its things like that that make me wish i could draw!

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Absolutely gorgeous picture, Leela. :)

And thanks Mena for typing all that up! I really enjoyed reading it! Though of course, the first kiss was on the Falcon... But the portrayal of their developing relationship and poor Luke's jealously is well done.

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I agree with the others here. This thread isn't redundant. You don't have to visit it if you don't want to. ;)

I must get this Ord Mantell comic! Except for the first kiss being there (I agree it was on the Falcon [face_love]), it sounds great. :D Thanks for posting the dialoge, Mena! :)

Leela, I love that picture. [face_love]

Makes me wish I could draw, but when it comes to that area, my muse abandons me! :D

EDIT: I just thought of something... I'd hate to see this thread closed, but since the admins brought it up, I thought I'd pass along the word to those who may not know... we're not supposed to directly quote printed material (including book excerpts) anymore... LFL has complained to TF.N's staff and the staff has passed along the message about copyrighted material. I do believe there is mention of closing/editing threads that don't comply.

~*~Bria

8. mena_lyn

Jun 20, 2001
    heh...whoops. It'll never happen again, oh kind and unbelievably good looking admins. :D

9. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey I'm back...oh man it is sooo nice to have your own computer again. Although now my screen is looking tiny compared to my huge monitor at home..did I mention I LOVE cable? :D

Mena thanks for typing all that up!! Sooo cute...nice characterizations of the bantering...The comic agrees with me on my idea that Han was the one pursuing Leia and trying to convince her to give into her feelings while she was trying to fight them off (of course eventually she gives in :D)

The kiss is nice too, even though I agree with Sologal it was probably on the Falcon. Not that I minded reading it :D How's the artwork on the comic?

10. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

Now I'm going to have to get those comics Mena. Thanks for sharing.

Leela, wonderful drawing. You are truely gifted and we are fortunate that you enjoy Han and Leia enough to draw such beautiful pitures to share with us.

11. mena_lyn

Jun 20, 2001
    The artwork, Sweetheart? Eh...it comes and goes. Sometimes they're drawn really well (except for Luke, he always looks like He-Man) and other times they don't look a thing like they're supposed to.

Ooo...there's a Richard Gere movie on UPN. Gotta go! :D

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    LOL, Mena! That's the way to go. :D

I reread what I wrote last night, and if it came across that I didn't like the comic kiss, that wasn't my intention. It's cute, I just can't accept it as their first kiss. ;)

The Marvel artwork... I don't have this specific comic, but I do own about 10 Marvels, and the artwork varies, IMHO. Luke *always* (at least in the ones I own) looks way too He-Manish, but sometimes Han and/or Leia look quite nice. :)

~*~Bria

13. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    I remember finding an actual compilation book of the Classic SW comics, with the Ord Mantell scenes in it -- but I don't remember reading that kiss! How could I have missed that??!?!!?

I can actually see their first kiss being like that, with Han trying to force her to confront her feelings. The kiss in ESB almost felt to me like she knew what would happen if she let him get close, suggesting why she ran away afterwards, almost as if they'd been there before. Just a thought... :D

14. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Ooh thanks for that mena. For some reason I think artists have never been able to draw Han or Leia that well. Han's actually not that bad, but for some reason they always want to draw Leia as some dowdy hag which annoys me. Not that I want her to be given the super sexy babe image Mara Jade and all the other women are given, but there should be like a happy medium you know?

Anyway back on topic, I guess I could *see* their first kiss being before the one on the Falcon. You know, Han seemed pretty confident she was into them. Maybe something had happened to let him think that but it was broken off because of what happened on Ord Mantell...

A lot of classic romances that Han and Leia follow (the bickering blossoming into romance) follow the style of being on again, off again lovers. It's not impossible it happened with Han and Leia :) My favourite take in this case would be Sue Zahn's take on her Ord Mantell fic, Mergers and Aquisitions.

That's my two cents :)

15. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    ah, i cant see their first kiss being anything but the one on the falcon.

16. mena_lyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Oh, I definately agree about the comic book drawings of Leia. I mean, look at the Union comics. Mara's not THAT much younger (if she is younger...I don't know) than Leia, and she looks like she's 20, and Leia looks like she's 800 or something. Arrrg!

Hrm...I don't know about on again, off again lovers...I guess I could see if they had began a relationship, then something happend that broke it off...or something like in the comic book...but I still like their first kiss being on the falcon. :p .

17. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Al Williamson was the artist for the Classic SW comics which included the Ord Mantell story.

Love his art personally, altho I agree with Mena - Luke DOES look like He-Man in it!! LOL! Han was definately his fav. cos he looked right nearly all the time, and Leia was good if he was working from a still.

Here's the kiss from the comic which I found at the H&L Shrine. (this is the foreign version btw, but the pic is the same.)

edit: tried to post the pic without success :( So here's the URL

http://hanleia.0catch.com/kisses/comic.jpg?50m=image

18. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    That kiss is in my ESB comic as the one on the Falcon -- if anyone wants the translation of the text, I can type it up and post it. ;)

19. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    ooops! OK, that WAS the pic from the ESB comic, I think.

Just looked up the Al Williamson comics and it was in issue 4 of the Dark Horse reprints. And it wasn't set on Ord Mantell, it was actually after that. The pic was very similar though (another still from the FalconKiss scene) plus it's the same artist, so it's very similar.

20. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    ah, no matter where its from, its still a good pic. ;)

21. Lady_Cat

Lady_Cat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001

Nice thread. I can buy into Han and Leia being close enough to kiss before ESB. It's just the feeling I get when watching the beginning of ESB and Han is trying to say goodbye to her. The emotions are too thick for it to be just a goodbye between friends or comrads. I love your drawing Leela.

22. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Good point Lady_Cat! :) Well I think most of us agree *something* happened on Ord Mantell to turn their relationship into tentative friendship/enemies into potential romance partners? Or somewhere shortly before ESB anyway. Maybe the classic "almost kiss"..they go for it and then something interrupts him, and then they're terrified of their feelings, so they try to deny it by arguing more ;)

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, everybody! I just stumbled across this thread and it's pretty cool. BTW, Leela, awesome drawing! I do a lot of fan art myself. Do you have a website with more of your work on it? I would love to see more! :D

24. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Something definitely happened on Ord Mantell. But I think sweetheart has the right idea. Whatever it was that happened made then realize the extent of their feelings for one another. Since neither one was really looking to get involved, they tried very hard to deny them. Despite their best efforts, however, love conquers all. [face_love]

25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for the pic, Leela. :)

I agree Sweetheart. While I do still think their first kiss was on the Falcon (and the EU supports me here) something definately must have happened on Ord Mantell. In ESB, Han at least has a pretty good idea of what her feelings for him are, even though she won't admit them just yet. Her actions throughout the beginning of ESB are a good indicator of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.