main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Oops I missed your post Ginger...thanks, that makes me feel better. It would really upset me if they divorced Han and Leia just for a continuity fix. I'm glad that I don't have to dread some book called "The Annulment of Han and Leia" by Dave Wolverton in the future ;)

2. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

I know how you feel Sweetheart. I was getting all set to go into battle again over this. Even if it wasn't printed for public viewing, I would hate to think that this is the official background information that they are giving to the authors. Apparently this isn't the case.

3. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ::climbs the ladder into the clubhouse...almost falls on a broken step::

you should really fix that ;)

ahh yes, the H/L anullment thing :) funny, i was just reading about that in lit! when i first found it in timetales, i was upset. but now i don't really care...because i think it'd make a really cool fanfic :D i'm already planning it for my next embarkment!

4. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey Vergere! :) Welcome here...so what's this about a new fanfic? :D

Myself, I can't see them getting divorced and remarried....marriage is something I think both of them would take very seriously and they wouldn't throw away the vows easily, nor jump into it until they were ready...On the other hand, I could see them annulling it for perhaps political reasons..who knows :)

I *can* possibly see a break-up and a get back together though...Those two have a lot of differences they need to work on after ROTJ to stay together, and it's possible one of them (most likely Han) might want to try another lifestyle thinking he's not cut out for this one, but then realize they can't live without each other [face_love] I think Cindy Olsen is doing that in her upcoming fic...Of course, in my perfect world, they would always stay together! :)

Ginger, I completely agree with you...It would really undermine their love story if it was in the official timeline that they divorced and remarried quickly sometime between ROTJ and HTTE and the authors were told to follow this. The original love story of SW need to be given more respect than that ;)

5. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001

Welcome to the club Vergere.

I think that the annulment theory would make a good fan fiction but would not work as part of the official SW continuity.

I agree with Sweetheart. I'm sure that their relationship took a lot of work even though they love each other immensely.

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I'd like to add my welcome to Shelley. :D

I'd also like to welcome Vergere. :D

I'd love to see a cameo of little Han in Episode 3. Don't suppose that's likely to happen, but I think it would be fun if he would somehow cross paths with the Skywalker family and not realize it. :)

Thanks Ginger for the links. Personally, I don't consider the GODV series to be part of the continuity, but if it is, then I'd rather think that something happened to prevent the first wedding from taking place. Then after giving it more thought, Han and Leia decide to wait a while before going down the aisle again. Regardless, it's nice to know that the divorce/anullment idea is not the official solution to this continuity problem. :)

7. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Gaaaah! I'm so pissed!

Geocities is threatening to delete my website because it's too popular. Now it's not letting anybody in! What the heck is this??? Are successful sites like not allowed? Isn't traffic good because their ads get more notice???

Hmph... :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    in lit GODV is like god ;) mess with GODV, you might as well be tarred and feathered! :p

thanks for the welcomes.

:mad: i'm on your side sweetheart! let's storm the castle walls!!! [face_devil]

9. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    okay...*tries to resume breathing normally* :)

Sologal, I can see that happening..if I rememeber correctly, the whole marriage thing was rushed..didn't they try to elope beforehand and Han proposed out of nowhere? :) So if GODV was true (which I don't think it is...) it could still be plausible they would decide to wait together before they actually got married. That would make a cute fanfic too :)

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I agree, sweetheart, in that I think both Han and Leia would take marriage very seriously. And I agree that there was a lot for them to work out before getting married. That's why I think my theory that the first wedding never really took place makes perfect sense. ;) After it was interrupted, for whatever reason, it gave them more time to think and realize that they really weren't ready to take that step. :)

That's disturbing news about your website sweetheart. It doesn't make sense for them to delete it because it's popular. Isn't the whole idea behind this add thingy to create business? :( We must protest. Han and Leia fans are good at that. ;)

EDIT: I didn't see you last post sweetheart. Yes, they did try to elope earlier in the series but the attempt was thwarted for a reason I can't quite remember.

11. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I agree Sologal :) That's why I think that it would take them a while after ROTJ to get married. They have a lot of things to work over before they're read to commit like that. Not that they wouldn't be devoted and in love during that time either ;) I'm not sure how I feel about four years, but I definitely see at least one or two years after ROTJ. I know Lucas planned a wedding for ROTJ but I can't really see that happening. With the war and everything they have really only been "together" for a few days.

I don't get the website thing either. They say it's a new feature that they just started enforcing. I tried to sign up for a paying account but they discriminate against Canadians...I should report this racism to the UN.. :)

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Is it too late to sign up????? ;)

13. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Yes you missed the hazing process, we will only consider your membership once you update Blind Date ;)

14. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh no! Say it isn't so! That would be awful for you to lose your website Sweetheart, especially after all the work that you put into it. It's so popular for a good reason. I will miss it if it's no longer there.

I like the theory that Sweetheart and Sologal have cooked up about Han and Leia deciding to wait a while after the first wedding got interupted. I can buy that one. I skimmed over those books years ago while sitting in the library. I'm going to have to take another look to refresh my memory of what's in them. They're kid's books and I didn't take them seriously. Of course I'm the one who didn't take the comics seriously either and look where that got me.

Speaking of the comics, Sweetheart had mentioned that Leia was seeing another man in them. That doesn't fit with my view that it took Leia three years to get involved because of the trauma caused by the destruction of Alderaan. Since I didn't read the comics I don't know how that relationship was played out.

EDIT: Hi Jedi Jade, I didn't see your message before I posted mine.

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    This thread is too hard to keep up with!

Thanks to Ginger (I think it was) for clearing up the whole divorce/annulment thing, which never took place, because does anyone seriously consider the GoDV series canon? I agree that in four years they probably broke up once or twice, but obviously always got back together. As well, I always thought four years was too long for them to wait. I envisioned two years or so.

And for the record in the GoDV series, H/L were going to elope but she was kidnapped by the Empire because Trioculous (sp?) wanted to marry her. (Those books are classic... :p)

Anyway, as for Han in Ep. 3, I'd rather not. There are enough connections to the OT already, plus it would be hard to impossible to find some kid who could play a young Han.

And welcome to all the new posters! :)

16. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    It's kind of funny, there's more kissing and hand-holding in those books on average than most of the EU books :) Leia even got a real proposal in those ones...But I still found the whole portrayal of their romance juvenile, which I guess fits since the books...I don't take them seriously either. :) They're fun to read but I mean, most fanfics do a better job than those books :)

I think what happened with the other guy was that he just disappeared one day..I think he might have showed up later with another girl. Their relationship I remember Leia was always fawning over him and then treating Han coldly. A lot of the Marvel character comics just dropped off the face of the earth...

I agree that Leia would be reluctant to be involved with anyone because of Alderaan :) And once she was devoted to someone she'd give to that with everything. She doesn't do things half-way :)

PS thanks for the kind words on my website Ginger. I'm currently negotiating with a US friend to try to get the domain for me and then I would use it :)

17. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Welcome Jedi Jade. :)

I couldn't see Han and Leia waiting four years either. Maybe two max. I'd think by that time they'd know whether or not they were both committed enough to make it work. [face_love]

I have those books Ginger. I didn't take them seriously from the get-go. I mean, come on, does anybody here really think Han would be the kind of guy to build a skyhouse or any kind of house for that matter? ;)

I don't have the SW comics before ROTJ but I did start buying them after and I remember the man Leia was supposed to be involved with. I'll have to dig them out and see how that relationship plays out. :)

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    The skyhouse was awesome. I mean isn't that something that Han would do? Randomly decide to build a house in the middle of a polluted environment? Or what about Holograph Fun World, or whatever it was. That was great, too. :D

And I'm sorry to hear about your site, Sweetheart. :( After all your hard work, it should stay up. Best of luck finding a domain.

19. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah the four year thing seemed kind of a stretch to me..especially considering it was war. I don't see right after ROTJ, but I don't see why they would wait four years, most people take about two or three after they start seeing each other, and that's not in the middle of a galatic war ;) I like to think they were living together during that time though :)

20. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    ACK! I don't have time for a thread that grows like this! :p

sweetheart... that sucks about geocities... Hotmail is evil too. [face_devil] Sure, sometime I'll get around to resend my poems... assuming your site is still up :( You can feel free to take my poems from Hugs and Kisses, but just mine. You'll have to ask jedi7401 if you want hers. ;)

Speaking of Hugs and Kisses, for those interested, I wasn't able to update tonight as I had hoped. :( I'll get something up ASAP, provided some much needed inspiration comes to me. :_|

Jedi-Jade- I left a little public service announcement in your thread last night. :D

~*~Bria

21. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Thanks Bria! :)

And yes my site will be up..ah yes it will be...if I have to switch servers I will make it happen.. [face_devil]

22. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    Oh GOD Adi, Hologram Fun World...I'd almost forgot........HAHAHAHAHA! That book was such a joke...there was one I liked.....the one where Han gets an apartment in Cloud City? That one was okay. ;)

23. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Sue Zahn posted a new fanfic writer's work here: fanfic. It's pretty cute. I reccommend it :D

24. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    The only good thing about that GODV series was the Drew Struzan covers, particularly the Queen of the Empire one. [face_love] That was YUMMY :D

If they are seriously trying to fit them into EU canon then what can I say but... BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [face_laugh]

25. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    oh! I forgot to say "welcome" to all our newcomers! Please come in and pull up a cushion or whatever :)

Sorry about that broken rung, Vergere. Just remember to keep to the left and you'll be fine! :p

As to Han in Ep3... I'm in the 'DEFINATELY!' basket. Heck, they've got cute widdle Boba Fett in Ep2, if I don't get to see Han in Ep3, I will be VERY CROSS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.