main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Han (Death Challenge 2012 - HS, JS, AS, JF)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by spycoder9, Feb 25, 2012.

1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Title: Han
    Author: spycoder9
    Timeframe: Post-FOTJ
    Characters: Han Solo, Jaina Fel, Jacen, Anakin, OC-Jaina's son
    Genre: Angst
    Notes This was created for the 2012 Death Challenge. I'm hoping to use it to step into writing fan fiction more. My prompt was to have Han, Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin die from being cut into pieces. Hope you enjoy. :)

[color=crimson][b]~Han~[/b][/color]
    [i]Space - Millennium Falcon 2[/i]

[hr]
    ?Give the word, Captain Solo.?

The droid ensign manning the controls turned around to face the elderly man who sat on a level above him. The man?s face was aged with many years of experience, and his hair was frosty white. His hands rested on the arms of his metal chair as he looked out the viewport.

In all of his seventy years of life, he had never gave into anyone. Never gave up. He had continued to keep pushing, keep insisting to win. But now it looked like the fight was over. [i]His children. . .grandchildren. . .his own planet. . .he had failed them all.[/i]

?Allow them to board. . .? Han Solo?s elderly voice didn?t falter. Didn?t reveal the fear that was resting right beneath the surface. He could just hear Leia whispering to go out blazing. But he couldn?t do it. If he allowed the enemies to board the ship, at least they might have a chance. Well. . .he seriously doubted they had a chance at all.

?Dad!? The older brown haired woman who showed almost no age on her face was standing behind him. He swiveled his chair to face his daughter. Her face with turning bright red by the second as comprehension hit her. She understood exactly what he was doing.

?Jaina. . .I can?t. . .? Han?s grimaced in pain. His lower back was troubling him again.

?I can?t believe you!? Even after so many years of experience, she still had such a fire in her soul. The same fire his late wife had possessed.

?Mom wouldn?t of wanted you to do this. Surrender? Give up? You are Han Solo. Former Commander of the military.? Jaina felt the dull thud as the two ships locked onto each other. She began to panic. ?Do you have any idea what they will do to you? What they will do to me? To Jacen? Anakin? My son. . .?

A teenage brown haired boy hurried in, with two older men standing behind him. Jacen and Anakin had aged gracefully, though perhaps not as much as their sister. Han?s grandson was the spitting image of himself, actually.

?Jaina, there is nothing more I can do.? Han stood from his chair with the support of his grandson. The sounds of people running could be heard. Along with a low hum. They had brought the torture droids.

?No!? Jaina shouted as she heard the noise the same time her father had. ?Do you see what you?ve done? Do you see-?

She was never able to continue that sentence. As Han stared at his headstrong daughter?s face, a whizzing noise went right by him. Jaina raised her arm and looked at the stub where her hand had been. She looked as if she was in dull shock, before the pain actually kicked in. When it did, it struck with fury. She screamed, collapsing to her knees in front of her father.

Jacen and Anakin opened their lightsabers, looking at the approaching enemies.

?Come along, son.? Han placed a hand on his grandson?s back. He would save him. He had to.

As they crawled along the floor, exiting the room through a floor vent, Han watched another flying knife come right for his daughter?s head. He closed the vent, sparing himself the sight. Han knew the droids would soon overtake his sons, and would come looking for him.

They had fled Corellia seconds before their ship could be crushed, and had been on the run for almost a month now. Han had known they couldn?t run forever. But he had tried to delay the inevitable. Leia would?ve said he was running from his problems. And maybe he was. But did it really matter?

?Grand-pa. . .? The older boy whispered in the dark vent as they crawled, ?Mom. . .she. . .?

?Don?t. Just keep crawling.?

His grandson got quiet.

[hr]
    They eventually came to exactly where Han had predicted

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Stang...I am sure glad I didn't get this one to write. That was a great response to a horrific challenge. I am glad that didn't happen in the profics....yet.

Good job!

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. Great response. I love the last line.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW a difficult one and a gripping story with only the grandson getting away.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Excellent work!

I really loved that last sentence.

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Thank you! I toyed around with different ideas for the first day. When I got the prompt, I immediately thought that this was going to be hard, having to kill all of them. But I finished it. :D

Again thanks to all of you. I?m trying to ease my way back into fanfic, and I wanted this to be my start. I guess killing Han and his kids is a good way to come back. :p