main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han is still alive?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Slugbait, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

EvacuateMomentofTriumph Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Like I said they used some Illusion spell or something with the Force to make everyone think he was impaled. They have to do this to convince the First Order that Kylo Ren killed his father which would allow for more training and locating the leader of the First Order. Lea sent Han to do this and she's a Jedi so she should be able to forsee things. She would not send Han to his death.

2. Darth Camp

Darth Camp Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    The planet imploded.

3. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Elvis lives, Han lives too!

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't think that was a weather vane on Bespin... weather vanes move. That was an antenna.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and the planet became a star. he's deader than a doorknob.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Yeah, cause I'm sure Harrison Ford would want to bring Han Solo back from the dead after wishing all these years he would've been killed off. Like really people? We know Han Solo is NOT coming back to life![face_laugh]

7. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014

It still seems too farfetched and Leia's look on her face when she learns he died is genuine.

If he survives then they're going to have to come up with an incredibly convincing and logical explanation as to how. Even by the standards of SW and Sci-Fi, it's a tremendous stretch of believability. Which is something I feel SW has managed to retain, even with the Sci-Fi and Fantasy aspects it still feels grounded in a heightened reality that makes it believable.

8. Slugbait

Slugbait Jedi Master

Oct 1, 1998
    What casting site? Who mentioned it or posted it in this thread?

9. Slugbait

Slugbait Jedi Master

Oct 1, 1998
    What casting site? Who mentioned it or posted it in this thread?

10. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    If the Emperor couldn't survive the Death Star II fall... when he fell into the generator and then the Death Star blew up... no way is Han Solo going to survive a bottomless pit fall, when the whole place then proceeds to become a star.

11. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

Dec 18, 2015
    Audiences will accept it because they like the Solo character. And it will be a great twist. They will tease it at the end of Episode 8 so you aren't sure. And then have to wait a year or two till the final movie which will generate alot of interest and buzz in the third movie.

Lea has to pretend she's dead too because the First Order has spies everywhere.

Like I said you just use an illusion spell to make the light saber seem like it is a laser but that it's just using a regular light or something. They've already show the ability to use the freezing spell, etc so it's not that far fetched. If IIRC Han touches the light saber so that is a chance to put a spell on the lightsaber or use some slight of hand or Lea could just use her Jedi power from afar. I mean the whole Force thing is kind of fantastical anyway so it's really not a stretch.

Then Han throws himself down the pit and activates his wingsuit or parachute and goes to an awaiting space ship to get off the planet. It's not like the planet blew up immediately after Han jumped in the pit. Rey, Finn and Chewie had to get to their ship as did Kylo and the gang. So there's time for all that.

12. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hot Toys call it a weathervane

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...lker-bespin-outfit-dx-series-hot-toys-901399/

"One (1) light-up Weathervane stand which can be mounted onto the wall or ceiling and allows 90 degree movement"

13. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    I'm only joking. Of course he's dead. BUT i do think he'll appear again in a flashback or vision.

14. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't believe this is even being talked about. How much deader can he possibly get? So Han now has the ability to make Leia feel his 'fake' death through the force? Some people have too much time on their hands.

15. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

Dec 18, 2015
    It's a movie, bruv. They have the Force and all these magical things, yeah. So stop trying to think what's logical and not.

16. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    He's dead whether you accept it or not. And please explain what a bruv is.

17. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    My guess would be any further Han/Harrison we get will be in flashbacks and I anticipate a more complete flashback of what Rey witnessed when she touched Anakin's lightsaber.

18. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Yes he is alive ... he still plays golf on sundays with Palpatine and Darth Maul.... Boba Fett is the caddy

19. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

Dec 18, 2015
    Just wait and see. He'll be back.

20. DarthGeero

DarthGeero Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2015

maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read.

21. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    no

confirmed.

by logic.

22. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

Dec 18, 2015
    Okay, bruv.

23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    To this thread I can only continue to weep for humanity.

24. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

Dec 18, 2015
    +1
    It's still real to me, darnit!

Dra--- likes this.
  25. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    Ok so now we've delved full on into the absurd.

26. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Having characters return from the dead only serves to lower the stakes. It hurts the story. Dying becomes a joke.
    It hurts the franchise more to lose death as a threat than to lose Han Solo.
    Stop this nonsense.

27. Slugbait

Slugbait Jedi Master

Oct 1, 1998
    The way I think about it, it's a continuation of a theme. Luke wanted to save his father, finally did. Ben might have decided to save his father, too. So I'm thinking when he's being extracted by Hux to be taken to Snoke, Ben somehow gets Hux to find Han and get them all out.

You know...daddy issues.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.