main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Han/Leia Fanfic Challenge - January 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

This month's Han/Leia fanfic challenge:

Write a story in which either Han or Leia has amnesia and can't remember who the other one is

While this thread has been posted in Saga, your story is by no means limited to the Saga era.

When you've finished, please post your story in this thread!

Good luck!

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Hey! This is one I may actually try! :D :D

3. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    OOOOOO the plot bunnies... and I have a few days off from work!!!!

4. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    ive never done one of these, but id love to try it out...how long are these stories normally, and when are they "due"?

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

The stories can be any length but are generally vignette or short story length. "Due" date is before the end of the month or before I put up the next challenge, whichever comes later.

6. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    gotcha, thanks!

7. GreatOne

May 22, 2003

Delusions of Grandeur

Set between ANH and ESB

Delusions of grandeur, Han was thinking as he approached his ship, watching as his partner welded some errant part back onto the top of the saucer shaped freighter. The kid thinks he's a Jedi. Stupid, hokey religion. No such thing as the Force, but will he believe me? Nooo, of course not. After two years with the Rebellion, you'd think the kid would have had some sense knocked into his head. Jedi, my eye. No matter how many times Han tried to point out the error of Luke's ways, the kid always ignored his advice. It was such good advice, too. If I didn't care about the kid, I'd just keep letting him practice with that stupid weapon instead of using a good old blaster. Can't beat a blaster, if ya ask me. Of course, it didn't help any that the Princess was always smiling at Luke, encouraging that Jedi nonsense. Why doesn't she ever smile like that at me?

"Chewie!" Han bellowed, looking up at the Wookiee. Chewbacca jumped in surprise, startled out of his deep concentration. By suddenly moving his foot, he knocked the hydrospanner sitting next to him, sending the heavy object skidding off the roof and sailing down to the ground below. Only there was something between the top of the Falcon and the surface of Nagih, the latest Rebel base. Or more precisely, someone. Chewie roared in fear as the object glanced off the Corellian's head, and watched in horror as his human friend dropped to the ground without a sound.

*CUB!!* Chewie quickly climbed down off the Falcon, and hurried over to his partner, cradling the unconscious man in his strong arms. Han was breathing, although a large, red welt was already forming on his forehead.

"Chewie?" a woman's voice called across the hanger. "What happened?"

The Wookiee looked up as Leia Organa rushed over, frowning down in concern at Solo. Chewie picked up the hydrospanner and pointed up at the top of the ship. Instantly, Leia understood. "Let's get him to the medcenter," she ordered, trying to keep the worry out of her voice. Why did these things always happen to Solo?

A while later.

Luke Skywalker knocked quietly on hospital door, stepping back a bit when it opened. "I heard about the accident. How's Han doing?"

The Princess folded her arms across her chest, looking back over her shoulder at the peacefully sleeping Corellian, and the Wookiee hovering over his bed. "He has a concussion, but the doctors think he'll be okay by morning. Sometimes that thick skull of his comes in handy."

"Is he awake?"

"Not yet," she answered, shaking her head. "They've given him medicine for the swelling. I'm sure he'll be fine." She sighed. "Poor Chewie, he's feeling very guilty about this."

"I'm sure it wasn't his fault," Luke pointed out. "Han's been knocked out more times than he can count. He won't be mad."

"When it comes to Solo, you never know. Let's go - we can't do any good waiting around in here."

Morning.

A panicked Wookiee rushed into the cafeteria very early the next morning, and hurried over to where Luke and Leia sat eating breakfast. *Where is Han? He was still asleep, so I stepped out for a snack, and when I came back a few minutes later, he was gone! It was only a few minutes!*

Luke and the Princess exchanged puzzled looks. "Threepio, can you come over here?" Luke called over to the droid. "We need an interpreter."

"Why, yes, Master Luke," the prim and proper droid replied, walking over to their table, followed by Artoo. "I am always happy to assist, since I am fluent in over six million languages."

*Where is Han?* Chewie repeated, grabbing the droid by his shoulders and shaking him.

"I am quite sure I haven't seen him, Master Chewbacca! Why would Captain Solo tell me where he is going? I am fairly certain he does not even like me, although I cannot imagine why. I have been nothing but polite to him, if you ask me."

"Han's missing?" Luke asked, st

8. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh, Greatone, that was marvelous!!! Hilarious! Stupendous! And every other compliment that ends in -ous!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was just brilliant! [face_laugh] Well done! :)

10. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Loved every word! Another great job-Great One.

11. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    =D=

Very funny, GreatOne! - you and your plot bunny farm...

Frowning suspiciously, Han tried to move out of Luke's grip. "I'm a real man. I hardly ever whine anymore." [face_laugh] That was simply evil of you [face_devil]
    -------
    "Aw, shucks, Leia. You're the greatest, smartest, most beautiful girl in the galaxy." He turned and hurried away.

Luke glared at the retreating smuggler, then looked over at Leia, who smiled sweetly at him. "I do NOT talk like that!"
    Oh, no, of course not. That's the concussion talking. ;)
    --------
    But if I had been normal yesterday, then you wouldn't have given me a kiss, Princess. [face_love]

Thanx for sharing @};-

12. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    God you got to love Han. He is so scheming, and just cool, Great job.

13. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    *gulp*

What's this? Am I actually going to respond to this challenge? Am I out of my mind?

Absolutely. You see, I have my *very* first collegiate track meet tomorrow, and I'm very nervous, so I figured if I focused on something else for a little bit I'd feel better. And I thought that writing fan fic would help with that. So...I've responded to the challenge! Just read it all remembering that it's just a little exercise to keep my heart rate down and my stress to a minimum.

~~~~

Threepio was in for his yearly maintenance work, and Leia Solo thought she was going to go insane without him. Even though Threepio drove her and Han crazy when he was around, she really didn?t know what to do without ?Goldenrod.? The house was a mess, because Threepio usually made the kids clean up their messes. Leia had been working on paperwork all weekend, and by the time she had finished each night, she was so tired she did not feel like yelling at Anakin to clean up his toy speeders, or Jacen to get his shell-crabs off the floor. Han was almost as bad as the children, as he left his jackets and shoes everywhere but in the proper place.

?Moooooooooom! Jaina hit me!? Anakin wailed from upstairs somewhere. That?s it, Leia thought. They?re going to get it now!

?Jaina, Jacen and Anakin, I want all three of you down here RIGHT THIS MINUTE!? Leia spoke into the intercom in her office. She had had it put in after the twins were born so she could hear what was going on in their nursery. Leia was particularly glad to have it now so that the house wasn?t quite so loud.

Leia waited a minute. There was silence upstairs. Why weren?t they coming down? She heard the door open. Han, thank goodness. She walked out of her office to meet him, looking at his crooked grin, when she saw it out of the corner of her eye. As she side-stepped in order to avoid stepping on Jacen?s pet shell-crab, she slipped on Han?s jacket, which, unbeknownst to Leia, was lying on top of Anakin?s toy speeder collection.

?Arrrrrrgghhhhhhh!? Leia shouted, as she fell to the ground. Then all she saw was black.

~*~

?Leia, are you okay?? Leia, wake-up!!! Do you need me to call the emergency room?? A worried voice broke through the blackness. Leia opened her eyes, and a strange man and three grubby looking kids were looking at her.

?Get your hands off me, you nerf-hearder!? Leia shook off the man?s hands. She tried to stand up. ?Where am I, anyway?? She looked around her. It?s some sort of dwelling place. But why am I here? Who are these people? And how do they know my name?

?Leia, you slipped and fell. You?re at home, but I think we should call the medical center and have them check you out. Is that okay?? Han looked at her worriedly.

Leia glared at the man. ?First of all, I don?t know how you know my name, but we have never met in my life, so I would prefer it if you called me by my proper title of ?Princess Leia?. Second, THIS is not my home. Third?GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!?

Han and the children exchanged a few worried looks. ?Jaina, go call the medical center, you?ve done it before, just tell them to send someone over because your mother hit her head. Jacen, pick up all this trash on the floor. Anakin, stop crying, son. She?ll be alright in a minute.? Han looked at his wife, who was glaring at him and trying to pry his hands off her shoulders.

?If you don?t get your hands off me right this minute, there will be trouble, mister. Where is my father? He will be very angry when he finds out about this, and if you have hurt me he will have you executed on the spot.? Way to lie, Organa she thought. Father will at least give him a trial first. ?And will you please shut that little brat up? His wailing is giving me a headache.?

Han tightened his grip. ?Leia, you should stay seated. The medical workers will be here in a minute.?

That was the last straw for Leia. ?Fine. Have it your way.? She pulled her right arm back, and punched Han in the stomach. ?ARGHHH! LEIA! It?s me, Han! Y

14. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Both excellent. I did however wake my husband laughing at Greatone's story!

15. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    ?Jaina, go call the medical center, you?ve done it before- [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm sure THAT'S the truth! I think the Solo home is a little bit like Tim Taylor's from Home Improvement, where all the ER people know them personally! LOL!

Great viggie, Laura_Anu! :D

16. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Great job. Helped to put a good start an other wise terrible day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.