main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Han Solo #1-5 (5/5 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I haven't followed the discussion of this book really, is it good art, story)?

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You could always..... Read the last 2 pages?

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Currently re-reading Bloodline and I realised that maybe Han's career as a professional racer may come from this comic.

Eg: Han comes in second (probably to those twileks-cannonball run style) however after the race some comments how Han has the makings of a champion and suggest he go into full time racing to which Han replies "Maybe when the war's over" ;)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Very cool. I'll definitely have to check this out once the trade comes out.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Screw Han coming in second, I want him to win the damn thing!

Although wouldn't that make him rich and then he should pay off Jabba. Knowing Han, he'll probably lose the cash anyway. But Han and Chewie winning the race is actually something I'm way more invested in than the Rebel spies

DelRiego, Darth_Pevra and SilentGuy66 like this.
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Or alternatively, he'll earn a lot of money, but will give it to the Rebellion instead of repaying his debt to Jabba.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Even though I want Han to win, I'd be very surprised if he did. Odds are two to one on the twi-leks because Han hit on them therefore there's no way we should EXPECT them to win :p

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think he'll lose because he'll decide to do the right thing at the end.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Jessy like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Another great issue. I loved the hourly countdown montage panel. The "possible murderer on board" angle will keep things interesting (and obviously I misremembered details from earlier in the series because I thought it was just one informant he had to pick up, not several). Nice to see another EU species brought back into the fold as well.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The longer this series goes on, the more I REALLY want to know who the mole is. Which I'm sure is the point.

The hourly countdown made me tired just reading it. The space-racing equivalent of the Ironman. Well done.

Definitely another great issue.

DelRiego, Jedi Jessy and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Last time I enjoyed an issue like this so much, was back during the Dark Horse era when they introduced Ania Solo...

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So far, this has to be my favorite of the "new" Marvel Star Wars comics, and that's not a knock against the other series. This is just so good.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Preview for #4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Every time I see a page out of this comic I am surprised by how amazing it looks, this is definitely the best comic artwork I've ever seen!

15. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Can this series just keep going forever? Please? This story and art are so good.

16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Once again Han seems to be acting like a big ***** (pardon the pun) can I see him actually deck someone for once?

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Spoiler tags because I mention content from the preview:
    How is Han acting cowardly or passive? (I refuse to use the term you used.) He's not flinching away from a gun waved in his face -- he even approaches Dorae and offers to have his life taken before Chewie's -- and tells off Loo Re Anno, her little orb faerie, and Dorae. Han of course has plot armor but it would still look awfully stupid for him to risk getting himself killed by swinging at someone who already has a bead drawn on him, especially when he's on an important mission for the Rebellion and now responsible for safely carting around Bot. Plus, from Han's viewing angle, he probably could've seen that Bot and his fellow racers were about to swarm Dorae, so he didn't need to throw in any more force.

18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Great issue with a great cliffhanger ending. This series continues to re-canonize Legends aliens. Last issue was Selonians and in this one we have Elomin! It was cool to see the new imperial tank things and the the new stormtrooper type from Rogue One appear in this issue. As for who might be the traitor, I can't say for sure, but if I had to bet, I'd go with U'il or Bot. U'il because she was the one to board the Falcon with the Elomin, that ends up dead at the end. Looking at the last panel where the Elomin's body lie, there is no indication of violence on the body (at least none that I could notice), so it's possible that U'il poisoned him? Bot, because except for him and the Elomin that ends up dead, everybody else is at the cockpit.

Then again, I may be way off with my speculation.

DelRiego likes this.
  19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Woah! Fun easter egg of sorts in this issue...
    First appearance in comics (or any released canon lit?) of [​IMG]
    !!

20. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    This series remains a ridiculous amount of fun and I wish this storyline would last longer.

Liu has Han's characterization down pat.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't picked up the issue yet but I love Han's response in the preview pages. "And it was going to EAT me!"

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  22. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Loved this, especially since it was so subtle.

The mistrust among the informants is making this series a great read too, though I think a weekly release schedule would match the story's pace much better. It could be due to the fact that I'm disappointed whenever I don't have a new Marvel SW issue to read on a Wednesday!

revan772 likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The only way to do a weekly schedule with an artist like Brooks would be to allow a lot of prep time, to the point of having all the art done before releasing the first issue.

24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There's an Elomin in this comic. Another Legends species added to the canon roster!

spicer and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. Matthaeus Sunrider

Matthaeus Sunrider Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    The art on this book is just amazing!!!! It reminds of the Marvel run from the early eighties but with way better colouring, the story is interesting as well. It's so nice to see all of the characters personalities progress the way they do. It makes watching the OT alot more interesting. Which I'm sure is one of the goals of the Lucasfilm story group!