main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Han Solo #1-5 (5/5 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Mar 4, 2016.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Yeah, and that'd require a lot of planning and Marvel would have to resist getting another #1 on the shelves as quickly as possible!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] I don't think they can resist that.

Darth_Pevra and SensationalSean like this.
  3. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope the last issue doesn't disappoint because these last four have all been great. This is my favorite mini-run of Star Wars comics yet.

Giovs, DelRiego and Jam Lacobus like this.
  4. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015
    I'd been enjoying this series up to a point, but this issue is actually one of my favourite of the past year. So much going on, but all flowing perfectly and naturally. And the characters! Woo! Han is perfect. Newbies are uniformly interesting. Roll on the conclusion!

5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Hmm I wonder where this series is going with Han's "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" dilemma about the race. So far it kinda seems it wants to have its cake and eat it too.
    But regardless, I enjoyed this issue a lot, and ended with a great cliffhanger. I love how the personalities of each character are so... palpable and distinguishable, even though a lot of the dialogue is exposition. It's really well written.

Can't wait for the final issue.

vncredleader and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I love the art. Art is really inconsistent between the titles but so far, apart of a few issues in the current ongoing series, art in the miniseries is much better. Pacing in this one was much slower and was mostly composed of dialogues an all th actions take place in the Falcon. As for the culprit, I'm hesitating between 2 people.

7. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  8. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    In reply to @JediJessy

[​IMG]

vncredleader and Jam Lacobus like this.
  9. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I loved how natural that felt. Now that's great use of foreshadowing.

11. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That's cool foreshadowing and also a really nice bit of characterization I would expect from old eu Han from this point. I know the Han Solo trilogy is not canon but I could not help but think of Bria Tharen's death when reading that scene.

12. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe the Elomin was the traitor and the little orb iced him to protect the others?

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That would be a very interesting twist

SilentGuy66 and DelRiego like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The art in this book is great although I did think this one was a tad chattier than usual but it look so putry I can let it slide and don't mind if there's delays when the book looks this good. Once again, my favourite stuff in the book is really Han chewing on the fact that he really wants to win the race but his Rebel mission keeps getting in the way.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  15. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Who do we think is the traitor?

16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    The problem is whoever it is knew full well they were going to be picked up theoretically if Leia had any sense she wouldn't have told who was picking them up!
    Now unless they're on the ball with who killed the kid, there's only two possibilities and only one of them was picked up by the Empire... just saying we may have one less cat by the end of this mini series!

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, according to a recent starwars.com interview, Mark Brooks used Indiana Jones as a reference for Han's expressions a lot more than the OT.

BigAl6ft6, spicer and Jedi Jessy like this.
  18. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Damn, that art is pretty.

spicer, iPodwithnomusic and Giovs like this.
  20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Can we please put Mark Brooks on another SW book? Like honestly I would be fine with losing all the other books coming out for just one book with his art. He draws space so well. While not as colorful and insane it reminds me a bit of Kirby's way of drawing space. It looks bright and so beautiful.

21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Very pretty, and immersive! It's a shame the major Star Wars comic series is suffering from not so good art. IMO.

vncredleader and Jedi Jessy like this.
  22. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    BigAl6ft6, spicer and vncredleader like this.
  23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Oswaft recanonized?

24. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    And the race, I mean miniseries is finished!
    Overall impressions are very positive for the 5 issues. Definitely one of the top 3 Marvel SW comics yet in my book, but I think Lando remains on top still. In any case, there are several things that I found to be really cool and welcoming in the canon introduced in this last issue. The "between space and time" world(s) is a fantastic element to bring into canon as far as I'm concerned, despite the fact that it may be too sci-fi for Star Wars. Yeah, I like the giant interdimensional space jellyfish too, regardless that it's Start Trek-y :p I really liked the Cephalons from the Coruscant Nights novels and hope that someday will be brought back to canon. And this issue of Han Solo shows that the Cephalons are not something too far fetched for canon SW. And the gate itself, the first thing I thought about it was the Kwa, and was half expecting Loo Re Anno or someone else to mention them. But, it's probably not the Kwa, but Loo Re Anno's species that built the gate. Oh, and yeah, Bot was the traitor. I guess we all saw that coming more or less, so no surprises there.
    All in all, 5/5 miniseries imo.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I just read the last issue and overall I liked the series, but if not for the beautiful art it wouldn't really be anything special.
    In this last issue, I feel like they got the characters right, and I was happy with all the character interactions in this issue. They did a great job on the ending. However, I was really disappointed with all the hand-waving in this issue. The racers are in trouble? Giant space jellyfish comes out of nowhere. The gate can only teleport one racer? Somehow a whole race comes pouring out in their ships, and suddenly everyone can use it, except the Empire of course :confused:.

La Calavera and spicer like this.