main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Han Solo assistance

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by CareTaker, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CareTaker

CareTaker Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    Hello there!

I was wondering if anyone here has access to patterns or REALLY good reference pics for the ANH Han Solo costume? As I'm not a RL member, I figured here'd be as good as a place as any to ask the question.

Please email me off-list at: ig72@sbcglobal.net

Thank you for any guidance/assistance.

-Jon

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Check this thread at the costuming and props bboard:

http://boards.theforce.net/Costuming_and_Props/b10019/21252144/?80

In it you will find links to all the sites I've found with reference info on this costume, as well as links that others have contributed.

- kay dee

3. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I have bought the pattern for the vest at Celebration III,if you are interested.There was a booth Robert has found which was selling the vests and the patterns.

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Actually it was the jacket.

5. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Minus the sleeves, it becomes a vest. [face_batting]

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    The Falcon pattern does take some altering to make a vest (working on it right now). Arm cycles have to be opened up a bit, and if it is the ANH vest you have to draft all your own pockets and loops since they are totally different sizes and shapes from the ones provided in the pattern.

Otherwise this pattern has been a life saver since it has great instructions on how to make those expandable pockets and already has the yoke and basic shape correct.

- Kay Dee

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, I saw some bloodstripes for sale on ebay. They were stripes on a long strip of fabric that you sew on to the pants. Is that how they were at FIDM? Just wondering.

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Um, most of the premade blood stripes are a quick and dirty way to do it but not accurate. To make the pants accurate the blood stripes need to be embroidered onto the same fabric that the pants are made out of. High end embroidery machines (I think Bernina) probably can do a wide enough satin stitch. My viking might not go quite as wide, but it's good enough.

My problem at the moment is finding a GOOD pattern for fitted Cavalry pants. I wasted an entire week trying to make a flat front slacks pattern work and a jeans pattern work. They were so far off in style and fit it was just impossible to make them work. I ordered a new pattern but knowing my luck it won't arrive until next Friday!

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.