main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Han Solo, Diplomat - H/L - romance, humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Han Solo, Diplomat
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Leia, Han
    Genre: vignette, slightly AUish possibilities
    Summary: There comes a point in every pregnancy when a woman has just had enough.

Han Solo, Diplomat

?I?m disgusting.?

Those were the words that dragged Han from the land of sleep. He blinked for a moment, wondering if he had imagined them as part of some bizarre dream. Sitting up, he saw Leia staring into the mirror, a single tear tracing down her cheek.

Alarmed, Han slid out of the bed and raced to her. ?Are you all right?? he asked, his concern turning his voice husky. Immediately, his hands settled over that part of her that seemed to be the focus of their world lately. The life in her belly moved and wriggled beneath his hand.

Leia continued to look in the mirror. ?I look disgusting,? she repeated. ?Too gross to live,? she pronounced.

?Excuse me?? Han said, very confused by both her words and her demeanor.

She sighed heavily and turned toward him. Cradling her belly in her hands, she hissed, ?This?? The ferocity of her tone was at odds with the tenderness of her touch. ?My belly?it?s huge??

He made the mistake of laughing. ?You?re pregnant, it?s supposed to be huge,? Han said with a proud grin.

Scowling at him, Leia asked in a low voice, ?So you agree it?s huge?? There was a dangerous edge to her voice now.

For the first time, Han recognized his peril. ?Uh no?not exactly?it?s?? He swallowed hard and took a step back, desperately searching for the right words. He came to the terrifying conclusion that there weren?t any. ?What I mean is?? He cleared his throat. ?You?re only about ten days away from delivery ? with twins, I might add ? and you have to expect-? Her eyes narrowed. He stopped. Paused. Considered. There was no way to save it, so he would have to bluff. ?You look beautiful,? he gushed. ?You?re gl-?

?If you tell me that I?m glowing I?m going to scream,? she warned. ?After I hit you.?

?I wasn?t going to say glowing,? he denied hastily ? and telling a huge lie in the process. ?Just gorgeous.? Looking at her hopefully, he admitted that he was pleased with that last bit of improvisation.

She lifted one brow at him, pinning him with the same look she?d been known to use on politicians who were not bending to her will fast enough or with enough enthusiasm. ?I would think that a man of your?reputation could come up with something better than that.?

Slightly indignant, Han threw her a disgruntled glance. ?I?m working under pressure here.?

?Don?t you dare talk to me about pressure,? Leia snapped and tapped the taut skin of her belly.

There was a long moment of silence. Han almost wished she would go into labor and end the conversation. Almost.

?I?m gonna be real honest here, sweetheart,? Han finally confessed when it became obvious that labor was not imminent. ?I?ve got no idea what I?m supposed to say or do here.? He thought he saw her lips twitch, but her eyes remained narrowed and cool.

?You don?t, huh?? There was smug satisfaction in her voice.

?Not a kriffin? clue,? he admitted with a lopsided grin.

?Good,? Leia murmured. ?I like a man who knows his own limitations.?

?I?ve always got you around to remind me if I forget,? he said cheerfully, wondering how long it would be before the tears started up again.

?Damn straight,? Leia agreed vehemently. ?And I?ll remind you twice if I have to,? she added with a shaky laugh.

?I have no doubt,? Han said and put his arm around her, feeling it was safe to lead her away from the mirror. He should have taken that thing off the wall, he mused. He had seen her give it increasingly disgusted looks as the months went on. Of course, he had also watched her cradle her belly and stare into the mirror with a look of love on her face that almost made him jealous. Almost.

Suddenly he felt her tremble against him. ?I am disgusting!? she wailed and Han barely kept himself from rolling his eyes. That was the bad thing about being

2. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    *snags 1st post*

Loved the last line!

3. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    That was wonderful.

Suddenly he felt her tremble against him. ?I am disgusting!? she wailed and Han barely kept himself from rolling his eyes. That was the bad thing about being married to a Jedi in training; they tended to pick up on things like that.

[face_laugh] I loved that. Han can only get away with so much in a Jedi family.

4. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?That?s the woman I see when I look at you. The woman I?ll always see. Even when you?re old and bent over and your hair is white and you can?t remember if you put on underwear or not.?

?That?s going to be you, not me,? she muttered and then sighed

:D I just love Han in tis role and his reasoning....:D

Just what I needed to read today ;)

cheers,

VeryBusy

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    A big AWWWWWW!!! [face_love] - Everytime I read a nice, mushy story like this, I swear I'm never going to read another profic book again! Then I can believe that H/L were GOOD parents and had good kids, too. Like they deserved.

6. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    *sigh* Profic is so pointless. Han the diplomat is doing a wonderful job, considering the circumstances! Love the last line!!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Delightful viggie. Just the title is enough to make a person chuckle. ;)

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, wonderful viggie! I love Han! [face_love]

And I love the last line. :p

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_laugh]

So very sweet! I'm sticking to my resolution to read more H/L mush, and this one is wonderful! Course, any fic by you is wonderful, lady!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I laughed at the title and kept on laughing. [face_laugh] :) Preggers Leia is ... a handful!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Moody doesn't begin to describe it!! [face_laugh]

Han's wit was priceless, but this made me melt

Urging her face up, he placed a tender kiss on her lips. ?I am looking,? he assured her. ?And I see the same woman I fell in love with, the one who once
    told me I was braver than I looked. The same one who jumped down a garbage chute and rescued her own damn self ? taking a smuggler, a Wookiee, and a Jedi
    wanna-be along with her..?

She laughed and rested her head on his chest. ?That?s the woman I see when I look at you. The woman I?ll always see. Even when you?re old and bent over
    and your hair is white and you can?t remember if you put on underwear or not.?

HEE!! Right answer. :) [face_love] ;)

11. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Oh my God, you brought me back to those days... Fifteen years ago next week...

My favorite passage, though, was:

Urging her face up, he placed a tender kiss on her lips. ?I am looking,? he assured her. ?And I see the same woman I fell in love with, the one who once told me I was braver than I looked. The same one who jumped down a garbage chute and rescued her own damn self ? taking a smuggler, a Wookiee, and a Jedi wanna-be along with her..?

She laughed and rested her head on his chest. ?That?s the woman I see when I look at you. The woman I?ll always see. Even when you?re old and bent over and your hair is white and you can?t remember if you put on underwear or not.?

?That?s going to be you, not me,?
    she muttered and then sighed, relaxing against him. Han put his hand on her belly, felt the almost frantic movement within her.

Now that's love!

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Cute, Kim! Snarky, pregnant Leia at her best. :)

13. Sentenal

Sentenal Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2006
    You got me with Han Solo Diplomat. If that wasn't enough, the story itself was well worth the read.

[face_peace]Keep safe, Happy trails until we type again.

sen.

14. sweetdetection

sweetdetection Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2007
    Absolutely beautiful fic. I think Han Solo would make a better diplomat than he's given credit for -- especially after handling a overworked, preggers Jedi-in-training. :D

Plus, I have this amazing mental image of a old, gray and not-very-wizened Han with a bit of a plumber's crack goin' on, and that's going to make my whole weekend that much better.

15. Altaysky

Altaysky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    The minute I saw the word Han Solo and diplomat in the title, I was interested. It seems that my interest was not unfounded. The last line made me smile, but the middle was what made me chuckle...

16. lizodessky

lizodessky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Han Solo, Diplomat? [face_laugh] Brilliant!

Urging her face up, he placed a tender kiss on her lips. ?I am looking,? he assured her. ?And I see the same woman I fell in love with, the one who once told me I was braver than I looked. The same one who jumped down a garbage chute and rescued her own damn self ? taking a smuggler, a Wookiee, and a Jedi wanna-be along with her..?
    Oh, so true. :D

Very cute! I love Han's not really knowing what to do and Leia's last line. Poor guy... [face_laugh]

17. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    That is so cute! I love how you caught their feelings.And of course, your last sentence was priceless!

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    ?What would you say if I told you my water just broke?? What a way to end that! Seriously, well done! Who knew Han could be such a diplomat?

Yup, all plans go out the window with that line! Happened to my hubby, too! He was just walking out the door to go shopping at the new Trader Joe's, and I told him that he wasn't going anywhere except the hospital with me! That was our last one... (The first, he was out of country, the second, he was just settling in on "the throne" at work when I buzzed him. Took him a second to figure out what that strange vibration was!) [face_laugh]

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?That?s good,? she answered in a distracted voice. She paused. ?I have a question.?

?Shoot,? he said and was confident that soon they would be enjoying a nice breakfast. Then he?d settle her down for a nap and sneak onto the Falcon for a little quiet time. He had discovered that being an expectant father was an exhausting business.

?What would you say if I told you my water just broke??

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Thanks for providing a much needed laugh on a crappy day, Kim! Excellent work!

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    palpyisgod2 I have a feeling that Leia planned that. [face_mischief]

alhana_antilles He was well suited for the position, that's for sure! :p

verybusy He's a great husband, and just enough naughtiness to make things interesting! ;)

PonyTricks Don't get me started on how they're portrayed as parents... :rolleyes:

Arwen_Djo Why do I have a feeling we could watch a smuggler having a meltdown now? :p

Healer_Leona Yes, well...he tries!

Idrelle_Miocovani Just wants to keep him on his toes I guess! :D

ginchy Thank you! [:D]

Jade_eyes That's REAL love! [face_love]

Chewie-Fan That's what I think too! :p

brodiew Leia manages to balance snarky and loving. Not many people do! :D

Sentenal Glad you liked it!

sweetdetection No matter how old or paunchy, he's still got it! :cool:

Altaysky Poor Han! So underestimated! ;)

lizodessky "Here's where the fun begins!"

SithGirl132 Thank you! :D

dm1 Priceless! YOu should use that in a fic! :p

Layren Well Han always brings a smile to MY face! :D

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was adorable

I loved Han?s feble attempts to reassure Leia she looked beautiful.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?What would you say if I told you my water just broke??

What a way to get his full attention :p

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    "What would you say if I told you my water just broke?" ROFL!!! Ahahaha...ooh goodness, that was awesome!! Han should go into politics...keeping his blaster, thought. :D

23. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    ?That?s the woman I see when I look at you. The woman I?ll always see. Even when you?re old and bent over and your hair is white and you can?t remember if you put on underwear or not.?

?That?s going to be you, not me,? she muttered and then sighed, relaxing against him.

Aww, this was delightful! :D You did a great job writing their characters, and it has just the right balance of sweetness and humor. I loved it. :D

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    KELIA Leia knows how to get someone's attention! :p

Irish_Jedi_Jade Han as a politician...now there's a scary thought! ;)

Emerald_Lady Thank you! [:D]

25. AndY_SolO

AndY_SolO Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2006
    I love it!!
    beautiful!!
    a big smile from me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.