main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo - Force Ghost?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by masteroid, Dec 22, 2015.

1. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    I think that would be a cool surprise to find out that Han actually had the Force all along but didn't realize it and it would be a great way for his ghost to reveal secrets about the Solo kids just like Alec Guinness coming back as Obi-Wan. This would allow Harrison Ford to at least cameo in future installments. Maybe have a scene with Leia and Luke summoning him back?

When he said "That's not how the Force works!" I took it to mean that he picked up a rudimentary knowledge of Force users over his travels. And what else would the Jedi temples Han and Luke were searching for be used for except to contact the dead?

It would also explain how he tempted fate and won all these years.

2. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    He's not a jedi. I expect groaning/laughter if he does show up as a force ghost . It's too hilarious, in a bad way.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Heck noo....

Elle-Wan, KyloSolo and trongate like this.
  4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    No way. NO way. As much as I love the character, no way. If he came back in any form, ghost, back from the dead etc, it would be a massive mistake. Please do not bring Han back. His perfect story arc is over. Move on. Rey is the future.

Elle-Wan, Sarge, KyloSolo and 4 others like this.
  5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Please. No. This would be the worst pandering ever. And I say this as a person who is still moping in depression that Han Solo is dead. I loved Han Solo. In my pantheon of all time movie heroes, he ranks way, way above everyone else. But he died in TFA. He died on the Starkiller. It disintegrated and his body is now stardust. He may have gone to rejoin the Force in the way that all living things in the GFFA do, but he should NOT come back as a Force ghost. That would cheapen the whole meaning of Jedi. The whole point of Han Solo was that he was an enormously cool guy even without the Force, i.e. he didn't need the Force to be as special as he was.

Elle-Wan, Sarge, BadAcrobat and 4 others like this.
  6. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    It will never happen.

trongate likes this.
  7. Bishman

Bishman Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2015
    I think he should come back as a regular ghost that only Chewbacca can see. Chewie gets frustrated because nobody believes that it's really Han who's stealing their socks, hilarity ensues.

Sarge, KyloSolo, AAA_Tarpals and 3 others like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Perfectly said. My thoughts exactly.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and KyloSolo like this.
  9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
  10. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    That would be dumb.

11. Lera_Swift

Lera_Swift Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Thirding.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wouldn't be surprised if this was done. Hope not though.

13. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Agree with everyone above me - while I love Han Solo, he's dead. Let him rest in peace.

Sarge and KyloSolo like this.
  14. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    To quote Han himself, "That's not how the force works."

15. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Remember in a New Hope where Han says "There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny" and Obi-Wan chuckled. Han had the force, he was just too stubborn and materialistic to listen.

It's also how he found the Falcon so easily in them Force Awakens movie. And dodged the tentacle monsters.

Also how did Kylo Ren find Han so easily on Starkiller base? And on Hoth how did Han find Luke's locator while trapped in a blizzard! Force users typically can only pinpoint other Force users. It's why General Grievous was able to elude the Jedi for so long in the prequels. He wasn't in touch with the Force.

Also remember "Han... Leia!" from Empire when Luke was searching the future with Yoda? Why not "Chewy!? Threepio!?"

16. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I agree.

17. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Leia had the Force too and no one could feel it. Not even her Dad. It was because they never bothered to look for her potential.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Deleted: Hmmm.. maybe that's VIII spoiler territory.

19. Darth Rhapsodyne

Darth Rhapsodyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Yoda new about Leia because he referenced her as the other Hope in the Empire Strikes Back, also in Return of the Jedi Vader provokes Luke by threatening to turn her to the Darkside if he doesn't. So they were aware of her potential. But Force users can also since people that are not force users like when Anakin sensed his mothers turmoil when she was being tortured to death on Tatooine.

20. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Han isn't a Jedi, but he is Force sensitive. Just in a non-mystical materialistic way. Which he calls "luck." He focuses on dodging asteroids, firing blind and finding things of value. It's not flashy like a Jedi push, but more of a subtle manipulation of the odds. Marvel characters like Scarlet Witch have this kind of power too.

It's an expression of the Force that hasn't been explained because the Jedi don't care about that stuff and saw Han more as a dumb tool. But in fact he was using aspects of the Force the Jedi were too entrenched in dogma to identify as new powers. It might be that he was harnessing an even more fundamental aspect of the Force than even Luke. So subtle that it appeared as if he wasn't even trying.

His ghost can come back and teach Rey and Luke how to turn anyone into a Jedi without midichlorians... even us the audience.

21. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Yoda knew about Leia because he saw her birth. Vader didn't. Vader only figured it out after reading Luke's mind. Not Leia's mind you.

Luke figured it out after realizing that he could telepathically communicate with Leia only because she had the Force.

Anakin's mother had force sensitivity; if you recall she willed Anakin into being. "There was no father. He was just conceived."

22. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015
    People are overlooking logic trying to bring Han back in the future.

Being said, I wouldn't be shocked if we see his spirit in a future film, but he's not a Jedi so it would be Rey or Luke actively looking into the living force for insight or during a near death experience. No shot of him becoming a Force Ghost though.

23. Darth Rhapsodyne

Darth Rhapsodyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Anakin was conceived by Midi-chlorians "The Force" Shmi was just the chosen vessel she didn't will Anakin into existence he came into existence because of The Force. Shmi was not Force sensitive.

24. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Like all babies there is an exchange between mother and child. Shmi gave her kid midi-chlorians. This meant she had midi-chlorians to pass onto her kid. This means she had Force potential.

25. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Solo is gone. Disney is not going to cough up 10 million for him to come back as a force ghost.