main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo - Force Ghost?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by masteroid, Dec 22, 2015.

1. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Agreed. Any flashback scenes we might see with him in it have probably already been shot

2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Harrison Ford's not going to come back to be a ghost.

3. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I'm sure Harrison will probably be back to book end the "Han Solo" spin off movie, outside of that, a Dream or Flashback is the best you can hope for but Han is done. Making Han a Force Ghost would go against his character and canon.

4. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    Imagine the Millennium Falcon lands out of no where guns blazing taking out First Order guards, but everyone is confused. There is no pilot on board. Chewbacca is protecting Leia from stormtroopers. Rey is being beaten. Finn is being beaten. And even Luke is being beaten by the dark side lightning that a mysterious figure controls.

Then out of the Falcon steps Han Solo back as a Force Ghost dressed in Jedi Robes having learned their teachings from the other side. This is quite possible as Anakin did it too in ROTJ. Han taps the Falcon to show that he's real and says something like "You took good care of her." This is at a crescendo when all hope is lost and even Luke is losing faith in the Force.

Then he yells to Luke "I even have my own lightsaber kid!" and proceeds to duel the resurrected Emperor!

5. masteroid

masteroid Jedi Knight

May 27, 2008
    This way we can also finally get Han, Luke and Leia back fighting together onscreen for the first time in 30+ years! No flashbacks. No video recordings. No time travel. Nope. Actual teamwork done by the originals in real time impacting the story.

6. Darth Vortex

Darth Vortex Jedi Knight star 1

May 19, 2013
    "Go to Dagobah."
    "W-what?"
    "Kid, I said go to Dagobah! Chewie, tell him to go to Dagobah."

7. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    He could still cameo for a flashback or two. I mean alot of why kylo turned wasn't explained. I'm still trying to figure out how the son of Han and leia went bad.
    His mom and dad helped save the galaxy and they have a psycho baby? That doesn't compute!

8. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    He's going to haunt Kylo as a force ghost!
    "Boo! I am your Father!"

9. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'm not saying it will happen, but the Han Solo ghost is a possibility of what we have seen. I'm talking something more than a flashback. It might not be a ghost, but could definitely be a vision or premonition.

Consider:

#1 -Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future…the past. Old friends long gone. Yoda
    #2 - Anakin saw Padme through a premonition of her death in the Force. Padme was not a Force user.
    #3 - While we didn't see Luke's premonition in ESB, we know he saw Han and Leia at a "city in the clouds" . Han is not a Force User.
    #4 - Qui-Gon Jinn speaks to Yoda and Obi-Wan, even though his identity isn't retained.
    #5 - Leia can feel Han's death in the Force.
    #6 - Leia has memories of her mother. Even thought that's retcon information, it still bodes well.

The bottom line is that Force users can communicate with the dead.

It's possible we get Han Solo talking to Luke through the Force. Not to guide him, but possibly to relay a message to his son.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I miss him too, masteroid, but that kind of Pet Sematary resurrection would be utterly wrong. Let's just read Brian Daley's books again and let him RIP.

11. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    What is happening in every single thread?

12. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    Why would anyone think that force vision can only include people powerful in the force?there would be no use for visions if you can't get a complete picture of what you are seeing.
    Also, it is not that force users can communicate from the dead. Qui-gonn, through studying the Whills learned to continue on after death. Where do you get his identity is lost? He then taught Yoda who in turned taught Obi wan what he learned. It is actually the dead force users communicating with the living, which is a very big difference.
    Obi wan felt everyone on Alderraan screaming and then their light being snuffed out. Not all alderraanians are force users.
    Leia's memory of her mother is in no way retconned. She was beautiful, and extremely sad when Leia was born.

JediLight likes this.
  13. JediLight

May 31, 2001

George Lucas said Qui-Gon didn't know enough to retain his identify but he could still talk to Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Yes, you make good points as well. I'm not saying it's probable but I do think that Han could talk to Kylo/Leia/Luke/Rey at some point. I wouldn't count on it, but there's a shot.

14. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Man, that would suck!

Ford's done.

15. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    Interesting about qui gon never heard that or saw that said. But that doesn't really work with qui gonn trying to stop Anakin from slaughtering the tuskan raiders or with him speaking with Yoda. Have a link? Would like to see his full explanation on that.
    I think there is zero chance of Han speaking from beyond the grave. That's a box that should not be opened and it would take away from Han story arc. It should be over, minus flashbacks or visions of the past. Communicating from the dead,no just no?

16. JediLight

May 31, 2001
  17. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    No. If everyone starts coming back as a force ghost, death loses its meaning.

I'm sad to see Han go, but I think it was his time... He had a wonderful arc and it was a fitting (albeit tragic) end to his character's story. He truly came full circle.

Sarge likes this.