main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo (Harrison Ford) in Episodes VIII & IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I totally get that. I personally don't know how I'd feel about it and don't really ponder how I would because I think the chances are nil to none. Just saying that it's odd for Ford who is pretty blunt to keep the door open in more than one interview. Maybe just keeping options open if the $$ is right, who knows. Or hoping for some old Han anthology depending on the success of the young han film? I would not be down for that but he may be.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    If Han appears in VIII or IX, I can only see it in a flashback, force dream or similar. Everything else would seem stupid. [face_dunno]

themoth likes this.
  3. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    With JJ back in the mix...wouldnt be surprised is Force Ghost Han comes back and saves everyone from certain doom. JJ does love Han the most. :p

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Abrams said Han's (probably) his favorite character now in the TIME Kids magazine interview. But that when he was a kid it was Luke.

5. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I think it would be worthwhile to have Han appear in flashback at least, using cgi de-aging, if Harrison is up for it. I'd just see a lot of value in getting a glimpse of moment in the past in happier times. Moreso with Carrie gone because you could have Han mention that Leia is in the other room, or perhaps even hearing her voice calling out (either with an actor whose voice is really similar to Carrie's or just by using a recording of old dialogue). Some people might not like it but idk, I'd enjoy it.

Admittedly I think a scene like that would have the most value if my favorite parentage theory comes true (the scene would then ideally be flashback to Rey's early childhood that she's forgotten).

Knessa84 and MattOrgana like this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Ford wouldn't come me back.

Not because he would hate it.

But because according to him, Han's done. Flashback or not.

Master_Lok likes this.
  7. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    But he hasn't said that. He has said things like "Han's sleeping" or "it is science fiction so....." For someone as blunt as Harrison, you would think he'd just say, nope, he's done, never. But I think he's of the never say never mind frame tho I agree that it's unlikely.

MattOrgana likes this.
  8. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    For all we know, they could've shot a flashback scene during TFA production. IIRC, originally, the Forceback would show Han and Leia leaving Ben with Luke.

9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    They did this in the second series of UK TV show "Auf Weidersehen, Pet" when cast member Gary Holton died. They either filmed him from the back using a double in a wig, or made out like he had just nipped out lol "Why aye, where's Wayne?" "Oh, he's gone out with some local tart, he'll meet us later on" ha ha ha

It didn't work then either.

10. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I think this could and will happen; although not heavily rumored a said funeral scene with a "flashback" from Ben and Leia (equal havles of the scene) where they both reflect on the good times would be welcomed; kinda like Leia is communing with Ben through Han.

MattOrgana likes this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I would love a flashback scene with Han and Ben. Maybe Kylo reflecting on his past.

Birkendoc likes this.
  12. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    If they did it so cheaply then it wouldn't work of course :/. It's not like they'd be making a joke of it.

I'd forgotten about that. That was from the shooting schedule leak so they likely did film that already.

MattOrgana likes this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

[face_plain]

such a scene was part of the filming scedule. The question is if it was filmed and kept for a later time.

Baron_Papanerd and MattOrgana like this.
  14. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    If they had the intention of using that scene later, I think they filmed it (along with any other potential flashback scenes involving Han) during the production for TFA.

Lucasfilm knows Harrison Ford and his possible unwillingness to return to Star Wars (though I think he mellowed considerably with age and the fan's response to TFA, plus being reunited with Mark and Carrie on set).

nightangel likes this.
  15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, so still a small chance we may get this epic reunion of Luke, Han and Leia in a flashback, even if it is only for some seconds. Let's pray they were wise enough to film it. [face_praying]

16. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

I'm praying we get a flashback with the three one more time. This is what gripes me so much. I get it things can't be perfect, but man was I waiting decades for moments like this to happen. Anyways, I'm still holding out hope for a flashback with Luke and Han at least.

17. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm not ruling it out.

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Can't believe JJ of all people decided against a reunion lol.

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    What would it have accomplished for the storyline besides nostalgia?

20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Should have been a hologram message of Han that R2 played for Luke, and this message helps him get his rear in gear, instead of simply a re-run of Leia's old message.

Makes sense that after Luke disappears, Han & Chewie spend some time looking for him, and if they did that maybe Han recorded a message he gave to r2, the resistance and "broadcast out" in case Luke sees it somehow.

21. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    When Luke said that Han would haunt Kylo forever I was expecting that he'd make a projection or something of him. Ben would have turn nuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.