main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo (Harrison Ford) in Episodes VIII & IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe Harrison Ford/Han solo can come back into spin off movies leading up to The Force Awakens. My way would be if I were the Direct them would have the final moment at the end of the movie leading into the falcon would be "Chewie Where Home." then end the trilogy of the Han solo with Harrison Ford thing like how Peter Jackson Ending the hobbit Trilogy at the battle of the Five armies when we see Old Bilbo Baggins.

Also to see Han solo enter the falcon and just hear his voice with the same but reversed scene.

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I rather like your idea, but I don't think he will. I think Ford is happy with the sendoff he got in TFA and from the fans and critics. I suspect that if Lucasfilm want to explore the post-ROTJ pre-TFA era, they will want to do that with actors closer in age to Luke, Han and Leia at the time of ROTJ.

It's my hypothesis that the Han Solo spinoff is a kind of stealth reboot of the OT cast. If that works, and Alden Ehrenreich is well received, I could see LFL casting a young Luke and Leia for a sequel-prequel trilogy in 5 years or so, for a story set shortly after ROTJ and spanning a few years in the timeline.

3. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    It wanit work its to close together between rotj and tfa you would be able to tell the difference . Most of us older fans who grew up with the out cast will know the difference . Maybe not you you are probably under 35 .
    I don't think the Han solo film will do that great but it might

4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm just judging from the seemingly popular fan hope for an Obi-Wan film between ROTS and ANH. Back in 1998 no one would expect that many Star Wars fans would not only be okay with someone playing Guinness's role, but that they would actually hope for a new story set not long before the OT.

I haven't seen Ehrenreich as Han of course, but the team making the Solo er, solo film are very good. If Ehrenreich does well in one or two spinoff films, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him again in 5 or so years playing a young-ish Han in a film or trilogy of films about the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War 29 years before TFA.

5. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I recently came across this and thought it would be fun to apply it to Han's death:

The Sorting Algorithm of Deadness

On a scale of one to four, how dead is this guy?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SortingAlgorithmOfDeadness

First category: cause of death. Note that Bridge Drop refers to a bridge dropping on somebody, a la Kirk in Generations. So I chose Nobody Could Survive That. Value = 2.

Second category: audience expectation. This was a tricky category, but I chose Killed Off For Real. Value = 3.

Third category: body found? This one was easy – Never Found. Value = 2.

Fourth category: reaction. This was a little tougher, but I chose It's Personal because Han's death is part of what motivates Rey to fight Kylo at the end, and besides, none of the other options seemed like a good fit. Value = 2.

Fifth category: last words. Another tough category, but I chose "Piece of cake" because Han's final words ("Yes anything") do carry a certain irony, and again, none of the other options appeared to be a good fit. Value = 2.

Sixth category: characterization. This was easy—Regular Character. Value = 2.

Seventh category: when did they die? I chose Same Arc because the entire ST is one giant arc and Episode 8 begins immediately after the last movie left off. Value = 1.

Final category: died and come back? Another easy one, Not Yet. Value = 4.

Final score: 2+3+2+2+2+2+1+4= 18. Divided by eight categories gives Han's death a final score of 2.25. That puts him somewhere between Be Back Soon and Maybe Back Later—but closer to the first category. :)

iluvkoalas likes this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Does age of the character and actor not favor in?

7. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I didn't see any references to the age of the character, so I guess not. [face_dunno]

iluvkoalas likes this.
  8. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Well, I think in this case, both of those factors should apply.

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    cerealbox

Both? The age of the character and what else?

Hey, I didn't put together this algorithm. If you want to dismiss it, by all means do so. All I know is characters return from the dead all the time in soap operas (and Star Wars is a soap opera, among other things) and to me it's not an impossibility that Han could come back.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  10. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The other is the age of the actor.

11. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I would certainly love to see a resurrection, even if it was done offscreen. For example, Leia being reunited with Han offscreen if Harrison Ford didn't return.

I don't think he'll return now though, especially because of the affair reveal.

But then again, who knows?

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I can't see Harrison Ford ever coming back to Star Wars. He wanted Han's death for decades and got it. Ehrenreich is Han Solo now.

Snax Rebo, 11-4D and themoth like this.
  13. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Yuk.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It's what Harrison wants.

15. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015

Nah, that's from Disney.

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If Harrison had his way, Han would've dropped dead on the floor after he was unfrozen from the carbonite.

afrojedi and catlover43 like this.
  17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Not true, Harrison indeed wanted Han's death for decades, even back when ROTJ was filmed. This is a well-known fact.

18. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015

No, no...Not Han Solo's death...A young Han Solo.

19. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016

I agree. I really doubt that he'll be back. However, I think that if he DOES appear, it will be in the form of a flashback, possible hologram message which he may already have shot in VII. Wishful thinking, but: would like to see some resolution between Han, Leia and Luke, so long as it's done tastefully and it fits within the narrative. If not, I'm fine with that.

20. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    The odds of Harrison having an uneventful flight when he's piloting? 3720 to 1.

21. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I thought Ford wanting him to be killed-off was from way back then. I thought he had "softened" on that. Besides, why is everyone so opposed to him coming back? And why is everyone nowadays so opposed to happily ever after?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    The problem there is, Han in this film is 10ish years younger than in ANH, and ANH was four years before ROTJ, and Ford was already showing his age by then.

The better possibility for a young cast is a film set after ANH in the three years before ESB. That may be what we get for the 50th anniversary in 2027. Rather than a straight-up reboot of ANH, which would upset an awful lot of people, a new story with the original characters re-cast, similar to the Star Trek reboot but without the alternate timeline that confused everyone so badly.

With this, they could have the Rebels running around the galaxy chased by the Empire (Vader and Palpatine would be in play) and Han with the Jabba/Boba Fettt angle. Yes, you would be capped in some ways with what you could do. but Marvel has found plenty of room in its comic series, even having Luke and Vader run into each other pre-ESB.

23. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    In terms of the original trilogy his arc was over at the end of Empire. Just look at how boring he is in Return. Thought he was fantastic in TFA though.

24. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    If he ever gets roped into another cameo, he can just threaten to fly his plane and they'll back off immediately. :p

25. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I have zero problems with him coming back, or with a happy ending. If they can find a plausible way to have him survive being impaled with a lightsaber, falling into a chasm that was hundreds of miles deep and then having the structure around the chasm explode, I would absolutely love to see it.

oncafar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.