main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Solo saw Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin in ROTJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by han_solo_321, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    At the end of the movie you see Luke walker over and see the jedi well just before the sceen ends you can see Han turn around and smile.

This must be because he saw them.

What do you think?

NOTE: This is only in the widescreen verson

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm not sure if Han saw them or not. I personally think Han was smiling at Luke because Han was finally happy.

3. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    I agree with Master Salty. Only Luke could see the ghosts because he is attuned to the Force and them. Not even Leia saw them. ;)

4. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    I agree with Master Salty. Only Luke could see the ghosts because he is attuned to the Force and them. Not even Leia saw them. ;)

5. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003

6. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Then that raises another question: can anyone see the jedi spirits or just those attuned to the force? If Han were to suddenly show up on Dagobah while Luke is talking to Obi Wan would he just see Luke having a conversation with himself or would he say "holy crap its that old guy from Tatooine!" ? I seemed to assume that Obi Wan had actual interaction with the physical world (as he even sits on a log at one point) and that anyone could see him--in other words he didnt just exist in Luke's mind as he did when he acted as a voice at the death star battle in ANH. But if this is true then I'm sure the rebels would be in for one hell of a shock to see three strange ghosts watching them in ROTJ.

7. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Only those who are sensitice to the Force can see the ghosts of the dead Jedi.If Han could pop into Dagobah when Luke was talking to Obi-Wan, he would have thought that Luke was talking to himself (if not that his friend was turning mad).

No,the Rebels never saw or heard Obi-Wan, nor Yoda,nor Anakin respective ghosts.

8. beatKnight

beatKnight Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2003
    I think he see Obi-wan through the force not physicly.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I think he was just happy as was everyone else. If he saw the ghosts I think Han might have shown some more surprise. Especially since he wouldn't know Yoda or Anakin.

10. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Yeah, and if Han did see them, I would imagine him being shocked and frightened, not happy. He doesn't even know who Yoda and Anakin are, and wouldn't be smiling that there are three strange ghosts watching them.

11. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, it seemed like only Luke saw Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.

[image=http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/gallery/Original_Trilogy/Characters/Yoda/yoda_001.jpg]

12. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Luke might of told him about Yoda and Anakin

13. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Ok maybe but it's not like Luke would tell him they would be showing up at the party as ghosts. And Luke wouldn't know what Anakin would like.

14. Emperor_DC_Palpatine

Emperor_DC_Palpatine Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Han couldn't see the ghost. Otherwise, he would've saw Ben's ghost when he appeared on Hoth telling Luke to go to the Dagobah system. But it might be the snowstorm that made Han unable to see. Possible?

Oh, and Ben's ghost isn't as bright and clear as it was on Dagobah. It could be explained that Luke wasn't well tuned to the Force yet, that's why could only see a fainter image of Ben. But through the training with Yoda, he got more well tuned to the Force, and Ben's ghost became much clearer.

At the end of ROTJ, their ghost were so clear, only Yoda's seem to be transparent. Anakin and Obi-Wan looked solid.

Emperor D.C Palpatine

15. tsunami_trooper

tsunami_trooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    I think D-Lowe is right

16. imnotacommittee

imnotacommittee Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    I agree with everyone else that Han didn't see the ghosts. But I'm not sure if Han was smiling *at* Luke. Whenever I watch it, I think that Han is just smiling in general, and happens to turn his head at Luke.
    If I'm not mistaken, does Han say something to Leia right before the camera cuts to Luke's POV? I think I remember Leia looking up at Han as if he had said something to her. I'm not sure though; looks like I'll have to go check it out (darn!).

17. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "I think D-Lowe is right"

Perhaps, but a picture of Luke would have been more appropriate.

"But I'm not sure if Han was smiling *at* Luke. Whenever I watch it, I think that Han is just smiling in general, and happens to turn his head at Luke. "

He's checking out Luke. Maybe Han wants a threesome with the Skywalkers? He's got this idea in his head, now that he understands the ramifications of Luke kissing his sister. :D

18. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Here is Leia telling Luke to join the celebration right when Luke was looking at Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan. Is this what you are looking for Trojan_Sock?

[image=http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/gallery/Original_Trilogy/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/luke_019.jpg]

19. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I don't think Han saw them at all, he certaintly didn't seem to see Obi-Wan on Hoth when he was riding towards Luke.

Han: Where's Luke? Oh look there's Obi-Wan over there, maybe he could tell me where Luke is...

I think the spirits of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda can choose who can see them. That would explain why someone like Leia, who is also meant to be strong in the Force, didn't see them.

20. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Theres no way to prove it either way. I like to think that everybody can see them. :)

21. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    The Empire is defeated. Everyone is happy. Let's leave it at that.

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, and Ben's ghost isn't as bright and clear as it was on Dagobah. It could be explained that Luke wasn't well tuned to the Force yet, that's why could only see a fainter image of Ben.

Or Ben hadn't yet been in the afterlife long enough to figure out how to get the "Force ghost" thing working perfectly. ;)

23. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    If we are talking about the same minute, I think Han might have been smiling at Leia who was headed near Luke. I also think that Leia did see something, if not all three ghosts, she must have sensed something there, because of the way she kind of glanced that direction before she smiled. It might be that anyone, not necessarily trained to know the force, but force sensitive can pick up on the force ghosts.

24. tsunami_trooper

tsunami_trooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    Han didn't see them
    You have my vote Mr. President

25. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't think Han can see 'em. I think he's smiling at Leia. (Can Leia see the ghosts? I would like to think she could, but she doesn't stare at 'em ala Luke. :/)

He's checking out Luke. Maybe Han wants a threesome with the Skywalkers? He's got this idea in his head, now that he understands the ramifications of Luke kissing his sister.

[face_laugh] Congradulations, you have completely and totally perverted that scene for me. *will imagine that EVERY TIME now* :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Too funny. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.