main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Solo Skywalker

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MadMardigan, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    Just for the sake of argument. Pretend ROTJ is a few weeks away from release and Lucasfilm was able to keep everything a complete secret so we are 100% unspoiled.

In ESB it still wasn't decided by the powers that be, that Leia was Luke's sister. This, of course, is evidenced by the now gag inducing kiss.

As Luke leaves Dagobah, Yoda says there is another.

Now this leaves a few possibilities. It can mean a character we've already met in either ANH or ROTJ. Or it can mean a completely new character yet to be introduced.

Now. ROTJ comes out and it's revealed that Han Solo is the other. That he is Luke's twin brother.

I, for one, would have left the theatre at this point. Yet I have no problems with Leia being Luke's sister. It just seems... right. And not at all deus ex machina.

Am I'm the only one who feels this way? Or would Han being Luke's brother have worked for you on purely movie storytelling level?

2. crushthedemoniac

crushthedemoniac Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Well, the fact that he was like 15 years older than Luke kind of ruled out the possibility of him being Luke's twin to me.

3. Chabacca2332

Chabacca2332 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    if han was lukes broter it would have ruined the series not only is han waaaay older

4. Snaggleass

Snaggleass Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2004
    Han is 10 years older than Luke. Luke is 6 years older than Leia. Either one kinda sux...

5. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Where are the ages of these characters ever told? They're alien species...as in Middle Earth, they might age differently. Han and Luke might be the same age. (I wouldn't know though...I'm not "up" on the Star Wars universe really...I've no idea how old any of the characters are...except Yoda. "When nine hundred years old you become, look as good you will not, mm?"

However, in no way am I implying that Han being Luke's brother would've been a good move...it wouldn't. I don't think any character could've had less of The Force flowing through him than Han. He was 100% Scoundrel. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.