main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han Solo vs Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TonyGunk, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyGunk

TonyGunk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2016
    Rogue One and the Han Solo movie are an interesting duo of movies since they are completely opposites of each other. Rogue One is completely original with no lead character the audience knows and cares about to hook them, but this also means they don't have to meet any pre-conceived expectations. They can just tell their story.

Han Solo, on the other hand, is arguably the most popular Star Wars character there is. This means the movie will have a built in attraction that Rogue One doesn't, but that attraction brings a lot of baggage. Everyone walking in that theatre will have certain elements they want to see.

What elements do you want to see in the Han Solo movie?

1) When Han met Chewie. I think this is a MUST for the movie. They have to show us how this duo got together.
    2) Lando. Another must. Next to Chewie, Lando is the defining relationship Han has before meeting Luke and Obi-wan. I'd like to see Lando owning the Falcon for the majority of the film, the finale scene is the two playing cards with the finale shot being Lando (off-screen) calling having just bet the Falcon and we just see a smile on Han's face.
    3) Small stakes. The OT, PT, ST and Rogue One have all been about galaxy wide events. With Hans movie, I want to see a smaller, more personal story. I don't want to see a 25 year old Han saving the galaxy before the OT takes place.

Two things I don't want to see.

1) I don't want to see the movie end with Han and Chewie going into the cantina to meet Luke and Obi-wan. First it looks like Han is susposed to be in the 20's in this movie, while he is in this 30's during the OT.

2) I don't want them to set up some long time battle between Han and Boba Fett.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't see a topic here that warrants it's own threads. All of these ideas can be discussed in the main threads for the films. I'm going to go ahead and lock this.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.