Beyond Hand of Fate - (L/M post TLC AU) - Completed!! November 27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "I love you, Mara

He finally admitted it!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I'm not surprised Mara's initial reaction was to think she would end up hurting him and I love Luke's reassurances she didn't have to.

I'm glad they got this big talk out of the way and I hope it will help elevate their relationship to the place it should be.

Great update & please keep me on the PM list.

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  2. AvenKiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Ha! Take that Ms. Mara know it all!

Please keep me on the PM list, I love this story!
  3. luthien2003 Jedi Padawan

Great to see you're back!

Please keep me on the PM list.
  4. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    adding my cheers to the rest -- awesome post.

Mara is struggling with herself and with her outlook on life, who she is, how she fits in. Luke is struggling just as much, even knowing what his place is, because his place is so intricately tied with Mara's as he believes. Lets just hope what he said and how he handled it ended up being the way Mara needed :)

5. Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh mah GAWD! An UPDATE![face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] I'm just like, busting with happiness! YES, I'd love to stay on the pm list! WELCOME BACK! Lol.:p

And Oh Mah GAWD! He said it! He said it! He said it![face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] I'm just gunna leave it at that and let myself hang for the next update!:p
  6. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Totally keep me on the PM list. ;)

That post was beautiful. Stunning. Magnificent. [face_love] Luke truly is selfless. And although he's chosen her, he's still giving her her choice.

*sighs*

Loved it.

CJM
  7. dawn7191 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Keep me on the pm list too Please. I love this story!
  8. JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master

star 3
    I can not tell you how much I have missed this story!! As always great job and please keep me on your PM list.[face_praying] You have L/M's character spot on. Plus this story makes me think about what is going to happen next. Love that and thanks.@};-
  9. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for your support guys; the PM list has been updated and they'll be sent out soon!

As for chapter numbers; I noticed I skipped a couple when re-reading and re-did them; I just haven't done it yet in the story itself.

Here's the next part :)

Chapter 26

Two more restless days passed - leaving them with fewer and fewer days before they'd be called before the Justice once more. Mara paced the house like a caged creature who reacted - badly - to every sudden noise of movement; she was short tempered and almost churlish. It was, in some ways, no better than her silent treatment and in some ways worse.

She still didn't sleep, to his knowledge, and he woke each morning to find her silently observing him from the chair across his room.

With his declaration of feeling hanging between them, Luke questioned the wisdom of having said anything even as he knew it had been the right time to do so. He was well aware that their one night together had pushed his own revelation forward and into his consciousness. The knowledge that Mara loved him, if she knew it herself yet or not, had forced his own confession - one that had partly been designed to shock her.

Luke doubted anyone she could remember clearly had ever said the words aloud to her - and meant them.

Oh, he'd heard echoes in her memories of being adored, worshiped or incomparable - and every other compliment under the stars... but not once could he recall having seen in her memories that anyone had ever said they loved her. The Emperor certainly hadn't; and wouldn't, even if that evil man had been capable of the feeling - if anything he'd have turned it into a weapon. In many ways, to Luke's dismay, he had done exactly that.

Luke continued to give her space, but didn't stay out of her way. Instead, he resumed his activities - meditating, Force skill research and exercising - without reiterating his feelings for her. Having heard them once, he was well aware that she didn't need to hear them again so soon; she needed time to absorb and understand that he meant.

It also meant remaining completely unshielded; not as difficult a task as he'd first believed.

Mara was not surprised when she emerged from a shower nearing the end of that week - feeling refreshed in body if nowhere else - to find Luke had taken himself off to the living room for an intense session of meditation. It left her to her own devices, with too much time to think - much as the last few days had been.

It wasn't that she didn't like to think - no one would ever accuse her of being anything except intelligent - but at this particular moment she'd have given just about anything for some form of physical activity. Something, anything to keep her body as active as her mind. It was but one of the major drawbacks of their situation - and one of the perks. Physical activity with Luke would have been an option under normal circumstances, but at the moment she didn't feel up for more bed play.

Instead, she marched into the living room and began clearing it of furniture.

Luke, deeply entrenched in his meditation, didn't pay her any mind. Counting on it, Mara shifted the furnishings to the outer edges, going so far as to move the smaller items into the kitchenette. The space around a meditating Luke slowly emptied, leaving him on the rug in the center of the floor with open area on all four sides.

Leaving the room, Mara entered the spare bedroom and went directly to the dresser - and the array of weapons she'd left neatly lined up along the surface. Her fingers gently caressed the stock of her holdout blaster, drifting over the hilts of various knives and other weapons before settling on the hilt of the lightsaber that had been Luke's parting gift to her the last time she'd left Coruscant.

Lifting it from its resting place, she examined the hilt, weighing it in her palm... and considered the course of action in front of her. Luke sat, unawares and unarmed, in the living room. If she came at him with a weapon, he'd retreat - and making him retreat />
  10. JediFarfy Force Ghost

star 4
    ::delurks::

[face_dancing]

::lurks::

JF
  11. JediMike2372 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Great post. I was wondering how long it would take Mara to sort of snap. That was a great little fight scene. Mara's release of frustration seemed kind of cathartic. Especially after the lightsabers were tossed away. I wonder how many times Luke can have the same talk before she finally gets it.

Great post. Looking forward to more.
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    OK, that was too too scrumptious! Hot diggidie squee! Squee! Squee! i think that definitely qualifies as worth the wait!!!!!!!

Yeehaw!

:D

Thanks for the total melt!

[face_dancing]
  13. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    Woot! [face_dancing] You don't know how glad I was when I wandered into this thread and saw the update...and I wasn't disappointed. This was great, good to see Mara finally taking a step in the right direction and willing to give their relationship an honest shot. And thankyou for continuing to feed my fangirl crush on Luke, so hate it when writers take try to diminish that love.

Great update, really looking forward to next installment :D
  14. IceFire27 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It's great to see Mara finally snap. By the looks of it they're in for alot of fun...that is if they don't get any unexpected company. [face_whistling]
  15. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    They have a habit of having the oddest forms of foreplay. [face_laugh] Good update!
  16. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    She doesn't know where she's going, but she travels there in straight lines.
    I'm glad Luke still has his skill for finding weaknesses.

The imagery of the reversed saber and eye colors was nice.
  17. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's kind of dangerous when Mara snaps. Typical though. Glad to see them on the same page.
  18. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome update!!! [:D] I adored how Mara snapped and Luke's reaction to it. And of course it all worked as a foreplay :p - perfectly in character!!! [:D]
    I just love how close and well you manage to follow their lines of thought; rare, brilliant psychological insight and writing!!! Bravo!!!@};- @};- @};-
  19. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Shame on me for forgetting to read this update for a few days. Great chapter. Glad to see they're making process.
  20. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Apologies for the tardyness... and yes, still want PM's.

I liked how introspective and understanding Luke was for this one, knowing that nobody had ever said the words to her...

"Luke-"

"We need to talk about this, Mara."

"Now?"

"Now."

And this? Awesomeness in the simplicity of it. And Luke... there are no words right now. Wow. (And loved that they're going to really have a "talk". Good!)

Well done and wonderful update. :)
  21. barriss31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Beautiful! So glad you are continuing.
  22. JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master

star 3
    =D= [face_dancing] That has to be my favorite chapter so far. Except for the adult PM chapter. I always did wonder if there was an elaborate "Skywalker Mating Dance". Do have to say that with all the rolling around on the floor in thier bare essencials. They are really lucky not to loose any special parts.o_O Not even going to bring up the carpet burn. Ouch! Super job and can not wait for more. Thanks and Happy Halloween, All Soul's Day,etc. [face_pumpkin] @};-
  23. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks guys! :) All you wonderful comments, questions, speculations and suggestions just make my day :D

Okay, so I'm running off to work. Messages to be sent later :) Thanks for reading!!

Chapter 27

"Are we intruding?"

Luke took a step back to avoid getting run over as one of their guests brushed past him without waiting for an answer. "Not at all." His wry response drew a chuckle.

"Good. 'Cause even if we were, kid, I doubt she'd consider leaving."

A quick glance over his shoulder showed that Mara was putting the last piece of their living room back in place - not that it bothered Leia as she settled onto the couch with one of the twins in her arms. Taking a step back from the portal allowed Han - carrying a squirming bundle of clothes - to step in.

Luke smiled as Han slapped him on the shoulder on his way through the door. "I take it she's been dying to get over here?"

"That's one way of putting it. Say hello to your uncle Luke, Jaina." The baby in Han's grasp gurgled and waved her stubby arms. "That's baby for hello - or so Leia tells me."

Closing the door, Luke glanced up to find Leia doing much the same with Mara and Jaina's twin, Jacen. He smiled before directing his gaze back to his niece and offering her a finger - which she promptly latched onto.

"Hello Jaina."

"I hope you weren't needing that anytime soon," Han joked as he stepped towards the couch and Luke was forced to follow by the grip Jaina had on his hand. "She's a real firecracker - takes after her daddy."

"Just not in looks, I hope." Mara's dry comment cut into their conversation. "Han."

"Mara."

"The domestic suits you."

If she'd been hoping to insult him, she was disappointed as Han flashed the famous Solo grin her way. "Leia keeps telling me Jaina prefers my voice to hers - and what'd'ya know? She's right."

"And ever since he found out about it, he's been insufferable." While Leia's response was sour, there was no mistaking the affection in the look she sent her husband. "I figured we'd waited long enough to see how the two of you were holding up."

Luke and Mara shared a look, and Mara arched an eyebrow in challenge. It had been three days - or was it four? - since their saber duel in the living room. Three - four? - days; and only the news from the front desk that they had visitors had brought them out of Luke's bedchamber. Which, he supposed, was now officially theirs. He was sore - she was a demanding and adventurous partner - but the soreness was worth every moment.

"We're coping," Mara said at last, an amused undertone in her words. "With Skyes dropping bombshells left and right, Karrde communicating every other week and Luke doing research on Force Bonds, it's been eventful."

"Eventful." Leia looked around. "Didn't you have another end table?"

Color climbed in Luke's cheeks and Han slapped his knee. "I knew it!"

"Knew what?"

"They broke the table, Leia." A wealth of meaning went into Han's observation, his teasing obvious - and his admiration. "I figured you two kids would figure out the best way to keep each other occupied."

"You were wagering with Chewie they'd have killed each other by now."

"Or that."

Han was completely unrepentant. Jaina gurgled as Luke carefully extracted his hand and made to move away. "Killed each other by now huh?"

"Well, you can't say it wasn't in the cards."

"Can't we?" Mara jumped in before Luke could reply. "If I'd intended to kill Luke, he'd have been dead before Wayland. I had plenty of opportunities."

"Ah, but you weren't married to him then."

"No, but I was being compelled by the Emperor's last command." Her words were matter-of-fact. "If I could resist that because I found him useful, I think I can handle living with him for a few weeks to thwart Skyes."

"Among other things, is that it?" There was a knowing look in Leia's eyes as Luke settled onto the arm of Mara's chair and absently stretched one arm behind her. That Mara didn't object was telling.

"Something like that," Mara agreed, a faint smile playing about her lips. "But enough ab/>
  24. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    First post :D Yay!

Absolutely lovely chapter again, again, again! It was nice to see Han and Leia again and the exchange between the four of them wasn't only enjoyable but very belivable too with just the perfect amount of reserve from Leia.
    Luke and Mara seem to be getting along very well by now, I just love how you write them!:p Ahh...[face_blush]
  25. barriss31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love the banter between them! It is sooo Luke and Mara.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.