main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hand of Fate - (L/M post TLC AU) - Completed!! November 27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah! Great ending to a wonderful story. I've enjoyed reading. [face_dancing]

2. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    Congratulations!=D= You've finally finished! It was a great story and a great ending! Loved your Luke/Mara characterization! Brilliant!

3. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Aw, no, it's all come to an end...and what a beautiful ending it was. See, this is the problem with egging authors on to update, eventually they succumb and finish their stories!

This was one of the first stories I began reading on this board, it was just after I got in Star Wars (yes, I'm a newbie) and it' wonderful and sad to see it finish, it feels like graduation (not from being a Star Wars fan, I hope!).

Thankyou Jade_Max for all of your hard work and dedication and most of all for sharing with us your talent and passion in this story.

Encore! @};-

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It's always satisfying, but a little sad, to see a good fic draw to its close. There was so much to love about Hand of Fate. The characters, their conflicts, and the environment all held tightly together to make a story I cared about and always looked forward to the next installment. Bravo.

Thank you for sharing this!

5. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Fantastic!!!! I am so sorry that I missed so many posts but I have been out of the country for almost a month. My nephew deceided to get married in India and I thought one mmember of the family needed to be there. Twist my arm. Everyone keeps asking me if it is legal. I recommened going to South Asia to everyone. Did however got miserably sick [face_sick] twice. I am very sorry that this story is completed. Will miss it and have questions still running though my mind. Hate to ask, because I think that maybe sometimes authors get tired of hearing this question, but I am compelled. Will there be a follow up? Hope so. Jade, this was a fun read and the characters were spot on.=D= Super job and thanks.@};-

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Deeply satisfying ending to a throughoutly wonderful story! I've enjoyed every inch of this, both as an emotionally extremely yummy candy and as a sharp character study! Congratulations on a fantastic job!!! You've written this to be one of my favourite fanfics!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

7. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    I read this story a couple times during the writing process, and just finished re reading it, and boy, the ending was perfect for it.

I really enjoyed the whole thing, you did an amazing job with everything about it.

TnTornado

8. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    :eek:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/ShadioXP/Kim/KimSpitTake.jpg]

Take note - never drink while reading L/M fanfics.

9. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I just wanted to give everyone a head's up:

Second Honeymoon is posted - it's the direct sequel to this... and I couldn't resist when I got Jade_eyes' fic gift request in the Holiday exchange! ;) It was just too good to pass up!

[b]whateveritis12[/b] - There will be a short continuation of this that focuses on their Honeymoon ? see the link above for the location :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it; thank you for reading!

[b]Jedimaster_JainaSolo[/b] - Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing it; Luke and Mara are a great couple.

[b]Jade_eyes[/b] ? I know I could have continued, but the end of the story was one that just jumped out and grabbed me; it was time.

I?m glad you enjoyed it; I had a really fun time exploring Luke and Mara?s characters. For the first time writing them, that compliment goes a long -long- way towards encouraging me to write them more *laughs*

[b]IceFire27[/b] - Thanks! I knew when I wrote the ending that this would be it, but I also wanted to leave it open just in case another bunny bit ? because that?s what they tend to do. The open ending also left me room to play in the event I just wanted to write some mush ? which seems to be the case *laughs*

[b]barriss31[/b] ? Thank you!

[b]MiralukaJedi [/b] ? I love lurkers ? they always come out to play at the end of the fic ;) Thanks for reading! As for next project? not sure yet, but I think it?s another ?Saga? AU epic?

[b]RebelMom[/b] ? thank you :)

[b]AniriRevan[/b] ? This completion was a long time in coming; I?m glad you enjoyed it; thanks so much!

[b]Wifflesnip[/b] ? Yup; all finished. And it?s about time too *laughs* this took a lot longer to finish with the writer?s block I had than I expected. While I?m both excited it?s done, I?m going to miss working on this. Keeping Luke and Mara cooped up for months together was certainly a challenge for finding things for them to do *grin*

[i]This was one of the first stories I began reading on this board, it was just after I got in Star Wars (yes, I'm a newbie) and it' wonderful and sad to see it finish, it feels like graduation (not from being a Star Wars fan, I hope!). [/i]

*laughs* Nope, you?re not graduated from SW ? though I am flattered this was one of your first stories to read on this site. Thanks for reading! [face_hugs]

[b]Neo-Paladin[/b] ? You always know what to say to make me smile, you know that? I love your reviews; they?re so classy! Thanks for reading :D

[b]JEDIFLYSWATTER[/b] ? Thank you; I?m sorry you missed so much and why, but I?m glad you?re back.

[i]Will there be a follow up?[/i] ? the short continuation is already posted, but no bunnies are biting for a longer story yet?. But we?ll see; the muse is fickle.

[b]kataja[/b] ? I always hate trying to end a story, but I knew a while ago what the closing line would need to be to ensure everything was wrapped up is a nice and neat little package to tie everything together. I?m thrilled you enjoyed it; thanks for much for reading.

[b]TnTornado[/b] ? Endings are always tricky; I think this is the first ending I?m really happy with for any of my stories? but then, I also knew how I was going to end it ages ago, it was simply getting there that was the tricky part! Thanks for reading.

[b]Klimt_Of_Tornesdal[/b] ? LOL! I agree; stories with lines like that should carry warnings. Sorry I didn?t! Thanks for reading!

You guys have been an [i]awesome[/i] set of readers; thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement throughout. [face_hugs] [face_hugs] [face_hugs]

10. EmeraldWings90

EmeraldWings90 Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2009
    Wow! I just read this in two days... I absolutely loved it! Thank you for the experience - this was brilliant. :)

-Wings

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "Mmm, I can't believe it's over."

Well, I share that sentiment. :_| As satisfying and wonderful as this story was, I'm very sad to see it over. Still, what a treat to read. And all good (great!) things must come to an end. :(

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and moving tale. =D=

12. Warshot

Warshot Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2006
    Great story, just finished reading it for the second time. Amazing the way you keep the story flowing from chapter to chapter.

Please send me the extra post for Chapter 23.

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    What a treat to get to read the ending for this fic! I'm sorry I was gone for quite some time--DRL is a pain! But it was great to re-read this all in one sitting, anyway. I love how comfortable L/M have become with one another by the end and only wonder what other dirty tricks that prosecutor might have up his sleeves. Great work on this fic--I enjoyed it very much!

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Apologies for the lateness of this review.

"Luke, it could just have easily been you covering his six and your ashes mingled with the debris from the Deathstar. Would that have made you feel better? Dying in his place and letting the Empire continue to enslave and persecute people throughout the galaxy?"

There's also the point where things happened so fast and everything looks easier with hindsight...

"You can't control the way people see you, Luke. You can only control the way you see yourself."

He cocked an eyebrows as if to say she was the last person who should be giving that kind of advice - or maybe it was that she was the last person he expected to hear that kind of sentiment from. "Interesting statement, coming from you."

"I'm full of surprises."

Hee...

"You won't lose me, Luke."

"In some ways I think I already have." Lifting his head with a rueful smile, he rose to his feet without letting her free of his embrace.

"I'm not lost; you'll just have to share me for a while."

Love the easy banter between them. [face_love]

"I do not acknowledge this marriage as Miss Jade married Mister Skywalker the moment she found out about the charges to prevent him from being able to testify against her."

Sort of a "just in case there was no one who still thought Skyes wasn't a moron" thing, huh?

"I've heard enough." Justice Alejandra slapped both hands down on the table, cutting off whatever Skyes was going to say. "I'm sorry for wasting your time, Mister Skywalker; Ms. Jade-Skywalker. You're free to go."

"And the charges?"

"Dropped."

Yay!!!!!!

Wonderful ending to a wonderful story, Jade_Max. :)

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    EmeraldWings90 - Wow indeed, that's quite the Marathon read! I'm glad you enjoyed it; thanks for letting me know!

VaderLVR64 - Your continued support is always appreciated Kim; You seem to pick up on nuances that other people miss and I love hearing your thoughts. Thanks for reading [:D]

Warshot - Considering the time between chapters, I'm amazed sometimes at how well it continued to flow together and does after re-reading it. Thanks for reading; I'll be sure to send you the extra post for chapter 23 :)

ginchy - DRL has a tendency of kidnapping us when we least want it to, doesn't it? I'm glad you were able to come back and enjoyed the ending though! The progression through the story was one of the hardest and more rewarding couple developments I've done in a long time.

DaenaBenjen42 - Life comes first - I'm just flattered people who have one take the time to review! ;)

There's also the point where things happened so fast and everything looks easier with hindsight...
    True enough - except in this case I think it was a matter of making Luke understand her point in the most deliberate way possible. ;)

Sort of a "just in case there was no one who still thought Skyes wasn't a moron" thing, huh?
    ROFL Something like that. Skyes isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box either...
    Thanks for reading, I had a blast writing this!

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Fantastic! I love the characterization - spot on I think! Great story!

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks. For my first foray into the land of Luke & Mara, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Mara's always difficult for me, so whenever readers like the way she's been characterized (Luke too ;) ) I'm always grateful they say so. So... thanks!

18. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I've been away due to DRL, but this fic is what I miss most from the boards! :D Quality writing, Jade_Max, and you have Luke and Mara down perfectly.

Even knowing that Skyes wouldn't be able to win, I definitely read the pre-trial chapter wondering what kind of weapon Skyes would pull out. But his demand about the sign of betrothal played perfectly into their hands! ;)

I definitely enjoyed reading this fic. I'm sure that I will come back and re-read it some day. (And now, off to read the continuation...)

19. Jingocat

Jingocat Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2010

I absolutely loved this story....your banter between L&M was awesome, my husband was wondering what had me giggling so much. Great tension build up.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent =)
    Jingocat

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was great. Loved the lightsaber fight in their living room and how Luke said he loved her way before she was willing to say the same back to him. I thought you did an excellent job of characterization and the ending was just perfect. Well done!

21. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    =D=

Awesome fic, Jade_Max! Definitely some of the best L/M characterization I've seen on the boards. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff. :)

Also, thanks to this story, you've stuck me with a massive plot bunny. :p If it turns out half as well as this, I'll be happy. :D

22. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    I've been reading this for the past day and a half, and I just had to let you know how much I loved it! You have such a gift for writing L/M banter, and I'm glad that we were all able to read this wonderful fic.

Now I have to go read Second Honeymoon. ;)

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    FireJade ? Welcome back! Thanks for coming back to finish this little story; I had tons of fun writing it.

Even knowing that Skyes wouldn't be able to win, I definitely read the pre-trial chapter wondering what kind of weapon Skyes would pull out. But his demand about the sign of betrothal played perfectly into their hands!

Ah, but would it have played into their hands if Mara wasn?t so quick on her toes? I mean, I tried to show that Luke blanked ? or rather, hadn?t really thought about it since there hadn?t technically been a gift exchange. If he?d hesitated any longer and Mara hadn?t jumped in, Skyes would have probably succeeded in taking them to trial *laughs* ?course I wouldn?t let that happen, but it would be a fun ?what if?

Jingocat ? thank you. I think I learned more about writing L/M through this story than anything else. I totally understand about the confused husband; mine wondered what I?m writing when I start to cackle maniacally!

dianethx ? The lightsaber fight in their living room was one of the scenes I envisioned way, way back when this story was initially conceived. I?ve very happy with how that particular scene played out :D Same with the ending; I knew the closing line almost from the start *laughs* I?m glad you liked it.

The characterization in this story was tricky in some ways and easy in others; I don?t think I?ve been so challenged by a story in a long time which means I?m going to miss this because of that.

Ubersue - Thank you; and now you?ve got me curious; what?s this plot bunny that bit you?

divinerose - I admit it?s a long one, but thank you for soldiering through it; I?m glad you enjoyed it!

You?ve all been so supportive and helpful and patient through the development and execution of this story, I just wanted to say once more; Thank You! I couldn?t have asked for better readers :) [:D]

24. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    so glad I found this again! :D

marathon read! [face_tired]

well worth it!

great story, got to love the L/M Angst/Mush combo. [face_love]

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *grin* Thanks; I had a blast writing this as long as it took :D

Thread Status: